Author Topic: Roleplay - learning and testing in-game  (Read 676 times)

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
Roleplay - learning and testing in-game
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:24:32 pm »
I have participated in a good bit of "how-to roleplay" talk about which way is better, what not to do, how to go about it, etc.  Which I love discussing, but it hasn't gotten me very far in-game.

Poor Thoss still spends most of his time questing OOCly.

So I would like to bring the testing in-game, using this thread as a way to schedule gatherings and to comment on how things are going/went.

I personally will be evaluating how I can blend enjoyable detailed roleplay with current game mechanics.

If anyone is interested, Thoss will be */me something-or-other* in front of the Hydlaa Plaza statue on 04/26/2009 at 1500 UTC....with other times to follow.

If you would like, come and start up some RP...for fun, to learn, and to test out options.

Feel free to give thoss a /tell at others times than the posted time if you so wish.  If he's able, he will meet up.  But, sometimes he will be questing and mining and even leveling a bit.

\o

04/26/2009 at 1500 UTC....in the plaza...with other times to follow.

[edit]
see the following thread for things going on currently and times...when they are posted

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=35164.0
[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:30:35 am by Thoss »
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Wrzlprmft

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
    • here
Re: Roleplay - learning and testing in-game
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:11:41 pm »
I like the idea. Sounds like a good place to try/test/start something, I am planning, muahahaha.

However, I will most likely not be ready for the first meeting (which also is a bit late for my time zone), so do not be too afraid

ravenrise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:12:19 pm »
Same as above sounds really cool but that's too late for me. Keep posting times because I definitely want to participate.

If you are offended by someone having a disease, please go tell them to stop.

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:08:51 pm »
Excellent!  Keep an eye on the thread, I just picked friday night out of the blue. 

I will most definitely try to spread the times around more to aid other time zones.

in the short run I would like to use a variety of times to see what the whole idea turns into.  If all goes well and it actually turns out to be fun, perhaps we can set up some standard times to meet in-game, or schedule a rotation of times or something....

[edit]...updated time, see original post[/edit]

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:04:28 am by Thoss »
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin