Author Topic: Body counts in war  (Read 1689 times)

bangladeath

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Body counts in war
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:41:15 am »
When guilds become involved in war what determines who wins? There are no real deaths because all the players need to do is make a short trek through the Death Realm and poof there out again. I think that wen a guild starts a war they should have a means of ending it, there should be a counter with twice the number of members in the guild. So each member will be able to die twice, or how many ever times it takes for the counter to run down to zero. Thant way there will be consequences in war so that the stronger more organized side emerges victorious.
“Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.”
― George R.R. Martin

Lokter Tarvitz

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Lokter Tarvitz- Reaver Pack Founding Member
    • View Profile
Re: Body counts in war
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:49:49 am »
Maybe... but that means the way between the PoC and the Warriors would have been over in that first day. The amount of people who died was ridiculous. I Suppose a clearer way of defining "winners" and "losers" is needed.

But Im  afraid that your idea would mean that any future wars would end up being "NO! you cant join in because your not maxed, you will die too easily and waste our re-spawns" and then you wont have the insanely fun mayhem of 100+ people trying to kill each other in the confines of the little woods near to Levrus' shop.

Team Fortress 2 FTW!

bangladeath

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:47 am »
Maybe... but that means the way between the PoC and the Warriors would have been over in that first day. The amount of people who died was ridiculous. I Suppose a clearer way of defining "winners" and "losers" is needed.

But Im  afraid that your idea would mean that any future wars would end up being "NO! you cant join in because your not maxed, you will die too easily and waste our re-spawns" and then you wont have the insanely fun mayhem of 100+ people trying to kill each other in the confines of the little woods near to Levrus' shop.

Haha I suppose your right, but there dose need to be some sort of regulation. Just going until one guild is tired of slaughtering another is not making the war concept of PS fun.
“Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.”
― George R.R. Martin

bangladeath

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:09:14 am »

Haha I suppose your right, but there dose need to be some sort of regulation. Just going until one guild is tired of slaughtering another is not making the war concept of PS fun.

I guess before war is declared the leader of each guild should get to gather and decide a kill limit. So that each team has input, and there is a limit on who can kill who for example a player with all caped stats and level 100 sword can not just walk up and own a low level player. That way guilds are forced to keep a diverse range of players to combat there enemy's at all levels.
― George R.R. Martin

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 08:39:10 am »
War in PS is open for the reason of RP.

Guild leaders should RP the war better and organise things OOC [restricting fighting to predetermined battles etc.] to create a structured war. Then the war will be more fun.

'Nuff said. Learn to RP.

As far as I am concerned most ideas about kill-counts etc. are just PLer dreams and wishes.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 08:44:53 am »
Well, I'd say, the the guild which yields first, looses.
At least that's how it's done in real life, no?

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:23 am »
Well, I'd say, the the guild which yields first, looses.
Actually Most of the wars are like that! (IG)... when a guild gets tired of diying they yield, therefore they looses... simply as that!
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »
Problem is that there is no way PS can take into account the resources a normal war has.

So that kind of thing needs RPing or it won't be too enjoyable.

In the future I am sure the Guild Wars will get more interesting with implementation of advanced tactics, weapons, ranged missiles, etc.