Author Topic: Jayose expands Hydlaa Library  (Read 2279 times)

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Arch Chancellor of the Knowledge Seekers
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
Jayose expands Hydlaa Library
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:30:31 am »
To the citizens of Hydlaa,

We, the Knowledge Seekers, are proud to announce that we have entered into a contract with Jayose to assist with the review and authentication of works submitted to the library by the citizens for potential addition. We call to encourage all the authors and scholars who have works they wish to see published to take advantage of this opportunity to enrich the materials available to their fellow citizens.

Works of fiction will be assessed as to whether they are appropriate for a public library. Works of non-fiction will be assessed, reviewed for authenticity, and appropriateness for public access.

To submit works for review, please give a copy of your submission to a member of the Knowledge Seekers or alternatively leave a copy at the University (PM Tuathanach via hydlaaplaza.com/smf).

Thank you for your creativity and scholarly pursuits,

Tuathanach
Praesidior of the Knowledge Seekers
Shindroks Crater Project Wiki
Interested contact Myself or Zunna.
We are contactable ingame, by PM or on Discord

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Jayose expands Hydlaa Library
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 03:41:35 am »
Posted by Rizin on the behalf of Jayose ;)

Jayose heads out to the plaza, stopping once at the message board. Spotting the Knowledge Seekers post he clears his throat, "Finally, this is my last chance to expedite book review." Jayose goes back to walking to his destination, "I cannot wait to see what they bring me."

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:02:12 am »
[Does this thread mean the knowledge seekers are an "official" guild now?]
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Eolas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • The Imperial Scholars
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:26:07 am »
The Imperial Scholars still have a sizeable library around, I guess we could donate some of the less dangerous books to the public. Given some terms are met.
Hail the Dark Empire!

Andoryn Thaakor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:58:42 pm »
[Does this thread mean the knowledge seekers are an "official" guild now?]

Kinda depends on what you call an "official" guild. The Knowledge Seekers have been an official planeshift guild for many years in any case. The fact that we are now "employed" by Jayose to review all of the books you find worthy to submit for inclusion, doesn't make the guild any more or less than any other guild in any case. We've only been chosen to make a first assessment on fitness for the books you'd like to have included in the library.

Prolix

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:12:51 pm »
jees I wonder if any of my various Kran origin books survived. They could be filed under fairy tales by anonymous.

I suspect most of them got blown away by the winds of time. I might have to produce a new copy, then again the ulber encrustallation theory was pretty far-fetched even for a fairy tale :)

zoran

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 03:15:26 am »
I wonder if the Devs could look through the database and retrieve book contents in the inventories of characters who haven't been played for 2 years or more. Those books could then be added as the "antiquity" section to whatever books the Knowledge Seekers assess for their project.

I mean surely there must be gems among those "lost books"  ;) ...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 03:20:16 am by zoran »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:28 am »
Erelenga Karal is excited and roams the dome to meet the famous authors he remembers from the last book fairs. The first huge novel is already put into the review chamber; it is so long, Lori might have to copy and spread it across several volumes...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Kushiael

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:38:36 pm »
Selesta happily hands in her historical-fiction book. As she hands it in she tries to slip a few Tria into Tuathanach's hands.

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 12:33:23 am »
I wonder if the Devs could look through the database and retrieve book contents in the inventories of characters who haven't been played for 2 years or more. Those books could then be added as the "antiquity" section to whatever books the Knowledge Seekers assess for their project.

I mean surely there must be gems among those "lost books"  ;) ...

We will not be doing this. :)

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 10:44:13 pm »
 Hmmm?

[Tuathanach, I'm glad for one that you got this going and have begun to work with it. I have a few donations to add to your collection of materials. I will also offer more in the future as well. I feel it offers a great opportunity for player involvement into the culture of Yliakum. I hope that many players take this chance to add to library, as this will generate more interests in the arts and literature aspects that players may have. I for one think that it is a big deal, and a much needed one to improve player interaction and involvement in the PS community.]

"Thank you and the Knowledge Seekers and the others for stepping up to take this on and offering this opportunity."

Taradiddle

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 02:04:44 am »
Taradiddle Lightstaff looks frustrated at Jayose. "Good sir, I understand you cannot accept my humble submissions yourself but I have looked for one of these 'Knowledge Seekers' in your employ since I saw their post. I have been all over Hydlaa. They are not to be found. It is just three small books. May I not leave them in your care to give to them?"
Jayose pushes the little stack of tomes back at the frustrated Taradiddle.
"Thank you for your apathy sir! I shall go and be ignored in a better establishment!"
The dejected mage stomps out of the library.
Look to the road behind you. Did it improve as you passed?

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 02:09:56 am »
Taradiddle Lightstaff looks frustrated at Jayose. "Good sir, I understand you cannot accept my humble submissions yourself but I have looked for one of these 'Knowledge Seekers' in your employ since I saw their post. I have been all over Hydlaa. They are not to be found. It is just three small books. May I not leave them in your care to give to them?"
Jayose pushes the little stack of tomes back at the frustrated Taradiddle.
"Thank you for your apathy sir! I shall go and be ignored in a better establishment!"
The dejected mage stomps out of the library.

Taradiddle, you can PM the books to Tauthanach...

To submit works for review, please give a copy of your submission to a member of the Knowledge Seekers or alternatively leave a copy at the University (PM Tuathanach via hydlaaplaza.com/smf).

...you will be able to do this once you get ten posts total. I'm sorry if you find that frustrating but it is no reason to blame the guild nor the NPC's. Post on the Hydlaa open section, etc, and you can quickly get enough posts to be able to PM and successfully submit your books for review.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 02:52:19 am »
Erelenga Karal sends a little excuse message...
__

We are really sorry that we have a job and many real life issues and are not able to play around the clock... ;) - weekends are a better chance, usually. There is no guarantee that we can cover all timezones even. But our university office is usually open, just register like an aspirant.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bguy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 07:37:30 am »
When might we expect these renovations to pass or receive word if our books were accepted?