Author Topic: An old face returns.  (Read 894 times)

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
An old face returns.
« on: May 24, 2009, 06:16:15 pm »
I doubt many here will remember me, I played Planeshift for over 2 years through the Crystal Blue era under names such as Gharan, Gharin and Vigel. I left PS now over two years ago and haven't even checked to see how PS has evolved. Is the PvP still as awful as when they changed it and you had to face opponent? Any new towns added? Any more history added behind the Planeshift story that I should be aware of before RP'ing? How's the crafting coming along?

I'm back to try out PS once again, I've just installed and will be playing again regular once I'm off my holidays in two weeks. It's been 2 years and my RP is going to be rusty, but it was never that good in the first place. Let's see if I can do better this time. I'm hoping this game still 99% revolves around the RP, It's what kept me here so long.

Good to be back  :)

- Gharan

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
Re: An old face returns.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »
hmmm believe I met Vigel but can't really remember the character I am afraid

Well I've recently started actively pplaying again making a new character earlier this week who has been making introductions but also leveling him up a bit and from what I have seen so far the craftingsystem looks a bit better. Magicsystem is finally a viabale option eventhough it's still killer to train and from what I hear still not as good as Melee.

Still I saw someone outside of Oja holding down 7 trepor spawns with just magic. Haven't seen anyone else do it but wouldn't dream of even keeping one spawn before. Still not sure how much training it required ofcourse seeing the max of almost everything seems to have been raised while I was away ;)

With fighting you still need to face your opponent. Uhm 2 years.. well Kranvillage is new for you then for sure also a lot of smaller things. Crafting is definately better but still needs tweaking and adding.

Still a lot of RP. Some people seem to think its gone but they seem to forget the number of people two years ago that ran around who couldn't RP at all. All people I have met ingame so far have a basic concept of what RP is and are trying their best. Some aren't perfect but I'll always take a bad Rper who is learning over someone who refuses to learn or refuses to roleplay.
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Marqsaynt

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:00:36 pm »
Awesome, this means if I logged on in a week or two I may actually have a green name on my buddy list! :lol:

Good to have you back, Gharan. Wish I could answer some of your questions about PS but I've been MIA myself lately.

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 07:02:32 pm »
I'm sure I remember you Garile, list some of your old RP chars maybe?

Hey Marq good to see you're still lurking around here my old PvP buddy  :D

EDIT: No green name I'm afraid though Marq I don't remember my logins so I'll be starting fresh.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:20:16 pm »
You still have to face your opponent, but there are also a lot of new weapons.  They've also opened up new levels to train to.  They've also done things to the magic system to make it competitive in duels at high levels.  By competitive, I mean lethal.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Jaycc

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 02:32:23 am »
I remember you! :P hiya
Jaycc

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 05:03:28 am »
GHARAN!!! \\o//

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 06:24:55 am »
You still have to face your opponent, but there are also a lot of new weapons.  They've also opened up new levels to train to.  They've also done things to the magic system to make it competitive in duels at high levels.  By competitive, I mean lethal.

Sounds promising, but being that I'm starting from fresh I don't think I'll be training. If I were to play for training and gold I'd rejoin the Korean MMO I came back from. RP all the way.  :)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 06:36:16 am »

Sounds promising, but being that I'm starting from fresh I don't think I'll be training. If I were to play for training and gold I'd rejoin the Korean MMO I came back from. RP all the way.  :)
Yeah, that's how I feel as well.  My character used to be considered maxed out.  Now, I die in one hit and can't kill anyone.  That's just how it goes I guess.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Semutara

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I am awsome - live with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 09:09:09 am »
Gharan my friend  ;) Nice to have you back :D

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 09:40:45 am »
Was going through my Photobucket today and found some old screenshots I didn't know I had. Brings back some nice memories from the game.

Here's a few, hope no-one minds me posting them.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:53:06 am »
* Elvicat knows he's somewhere in that mess

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 10:55:20 am »
Gharan ... Limitte, or similar? Of course I remember. Not exactly, but definitely. Annoyances leave an impression. ;)

Welcome back.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty