Author Topic: Entire Open PvP Cities for Warring Factions, Guilds and Clans  (Read 2593 times)

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Entire Open PvP Cities for Warring Factions, Guilds and Clans
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 04:37:00 am »
I don't know for sure how  I would like open PvP in the outdoors. I don't want to play an action game but it's true that, in a way, real danger may add to PS immersion.
What I'm sure of is that it's way too early for that. With balance and more combat options, maybe, the combat option I am most interested in being to be able to flee or hide. Seems to me that, currently, once one is targeted by a spellcaster, he's toast.

Now an open PvP town, as long as we don't spawn in it, and are not forced to visit it in any way... I don't know. I guess Khoridor would never go, and it's ok to be persona non grata locally. It depends a lot on the results of the Camp Banished experiment (which rose a fair amount of players complains at times). There is also the fact that building a city is a lot of work, so it's even a bigger risk to take for the devs. And then there is the setting issue: why would a city be lawless ? Maybe because:
- A new city could be open PvP just for a while, before the octarchy regains control and order is restored. That could be explained by a recent plague killing most people, or a raid, or by an officer gone mad. The city would not have much NPCs at first, until proper guards are installed. The restoration of the town would be achieved through GM events.
- An existing city could be made lawless for a while, as an experimental event. One where not much happens, to see if that attracts players. Add a few barricades, hide some NPCs, and, most important, have someone warning people outside the gates, so that we can stay away. Not very fair for the people who spawn inside though, unless they want to fight, in which case they have an advantage.

My point of view comes from someone who doesn't concern himself much with PvP, obviously. That's one aspect of the game I personally keep for later. I do have an alto ready for experiments though.

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Entire Open PvP Cities for Warring Factions, Guilds and Clans
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 10:05:44 am »
I don't know for sure how  I would like open PvP in the outdoors. I don't want to play an action game but it's true that, in a way, real danger may add to PS immersion.
What I'm sure of is that it's way too early for that. With balance and more combat options, maybe, the combat option I am most interested in being to be able to flee or hide. Seems to me that, currently, once one is targeted by a spellcaster, he's toast.

It is true that is too early, magic makes impossible to do PvP fairly in game atm, and also trua that it add to PS inmersion

Now an open PvP town, as long as we don't spawn in it, and are not forced to visit it in any way... I don't know. I guess Khoridor would never go, and it's ok to be persona non grata locally. It depends a lot on the results of the Camp Banished experiment (which rose a fair amount of players complains at times). There is also the fact that building a city is a lot of work, so it's even a bigger risk to take for the devs. And then there is the setting issue: why would a city be lawless ? Maybe because:
- A new city could be open PvP just for a while, before the octarchy regains control and order is restored. That could be explained by a recent plague killing most people, or a raid, or by an officer gone mad. The city would not have much NPCs at first, until proper guards are installed. The restoration of the town would be achieved through GM events.
- An existing city could be made lawless for a while, as an experimental event. One where not much happens, to see if that attracts players. Add a few barricades, hide some NPCs, and, most important, have someone warning people outside the gates, so that we can stay away. Not very fair for the people who spawn inside though, unless they want to fight, in which case they have an advantage.

That sounds awesome but the problems is that only once that players can enjoy the fact of doing this event, maybe that the city keeps in control of the bandits and regular groups try to go and conquer, or go and find an NPc or certain item (of curse with GM making it hard and putting a great story behind it, witch Im sure thay and the settings team are very capable of doing greatly) that way anyone new or oldie can enjoy the fact of that area, and when is not in event, is a good place to have fun killing, been killed and roleplaying, althou is hard of curse
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!