Author Topic: The Great Contribution Project  (Read 5924 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Contribution Project
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 12:05:47 pm »
Maybe a bit too edgy... I might suggest to use a rather rectangular "beard" and rely on transparency/shape effects by the used texture, instead of the mesh.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 12:46:56 am »
For the wild herbs and roots and such, should the model just be of the part of the plant that the substance comes from and that is above the ground? For instance, with the saffron, should the model be of a pile of seeds or of a saffron plant. Or, in the case of the Macca (which I think is Peruvian Maca, but I could be wrong), Should the model just be of the leaves or of the roots too. Could the model include roots, and then the model would be placed half underground so that the model would work to carry around too?

I don't turn 18 for 1 month and three days. That said, can I still work on things till then and sign the contract and submit them when I'm old enough?

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 08:42:56 am »
Zweitholou, Don't bother with the plants. Maybe tents in the style of each race would be nice? Or a board for the board games?

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 07:28:21 pm »
For the wild herbs and roots and such, should the model just be of the part of the plant that the substance comes from and that is above the ground? For instance, with the saffron, should the model be of a pile of seeds or of a saffron plant. Or, in the case of the Macca (which I think is Peruvian Maca, but I could be wrong), Should the model just be of the leaves or of the roots too. Could the model include roots, and then the model would be placed half underground so that the model would work to carry around too?

I don't turn 18 for 1 month and three days. That said, can I still work on things till then and sign the contract and submit them when I'm old enough?
For the herbs and roots, best try to find Talad or someone from the settings team.
And I doubt if anyone minds waiting a few weeks if you are going to provide is with nice stuff :). At least there is no need for you to wait creating it until you can sign it ;)

botanic

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 12:13:04 am »
If anyone needs help with something from an art developer, come by #planeshift-contributors on freenode. I will be hanging out there helping anyone who needs it, this includes 3D/2D, I will give you guys a hand with anything from "how do I make a box in max" to "should I use dxt5 or dxt1 on my normalmap" all I require is a willingness to learn and dedication.  :flowers:

If you have issues with logging into freenode you can use the web chat we have located at http://www.planeshift.it/chat/ After you login to that type "/join #planeshift-contributors" (Without the quotes) if you still have issues feel free to email me at cyberempires@gmail.com. DO NOT PM ME ON THE FORUMS AS YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE IN ABOUT 3 MONTHS.

See you guys around!
-Botanic

PS: I will only help people, I will not do the work for you. #planeshift-contributors is supposed to be a learning experience while creating art for the game we all love  \\o//
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:15:54 am by botanic »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 01:07:59 am »
An unofficial channel #ps-contributors existed already ... now that #planeshift-contributors has the "planeshift" in the name, it is official. Will it then substitute the other one?

Ah, it possibly did already. The former seems to be rather empty.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:12:21 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

botanic

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 01:12:24 am »
#planeshift-contributors is the official Planeshift channel for contributors now. The stuff made there will actually be added to the game (so long as it meets expectations and if not i will help anyone get it to that point)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:14:44 am by botanic »

Stebin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 07:43:40 pm »
i was lurking around the forum and found this thread. i'm not very good at texturing, but i made an edited face for the Dermorian race. (first texture)

if you guys like it, i'll be doing more.

I just finished a torso check it out:

hope you likey!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:49:49 am by Stebin »

Millian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Be neutral.....be free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 05:45:49 am »
A new chainmail torso for menki
Side view

Backview
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:47:55 am by Millian »
Calmness in the air

Bajazag

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 12:18:29 pm »
[hope I'm posting in the right place]
Here's a quick attempt to make a low poly triangle model (I hate both low poly and triangles):
(solid)
(a first attempt to mask those horrible angles in the neck and pillar with the texture) (the white area between the strings is actually an alpha channel...)
triangles:146
I know it looks awful, my question is: in a hypothetical in-game perspective, how many vertices could I afford to add?

Oh, it's a harp  :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:38:38 am by Bajazag »