Author Topic: NPC voiceovers!  (Read 21179 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: NPC voiceovers!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 03:00:44 am »
You call them "mobs", but "mobs" is a quite generic term. Animals and monsters without ability to speak a language are mobs too. If we talk about NPCs = "Non-Player Characters" here, regarding the contained "character", we mean mobs which provide the ability to speak to via /tellnpc, which will react on sentences with general answers.

Well ... did anyone ever try how a rat or clacker react on /tellnpc Hello ... ?! :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Anthelme

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 03:32:11 am »
Why not!! English language with the "Ch'ti" accent? but i don't know if with this accent the real english speakers will understand anything!

Zalera13

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:44 am »
What about gobbles?
You know you want to lol. You know you do. Give in to the lol. YOU can not fight the power of the lol!

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 01:20:30 pm »
You call them "mobs", but "mobs" is a quite generic term. Animals and monsters without ability to speak a language are mobs too. If we talk about NPCs = "Non-Player Characters" here, regarding the contained "character", we mean mobs which provide the ability to speak to via /tellnpc, which will react on sentences with general answers.

Well ... did anyone ever try how a rat or clacker react on /tellnpc Hello ... ?! :D
Did you try that to your pet? There is some funny recordings to make there :)

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 08:20:37 pm »
This is an interesting update that will come! I don't have a mike though so I would've been recording a voice!  :(

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 10:22:11 pm »

Great but that isn't an answer. Are mobs getting voiced or not?

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 10:34:14 pm »
Mobs are the non thinking npcs, if you want some growls and the like we can accommodate you.

JeroMiya

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 12:12:25 am »
Please please please for the love of all that is good, DON'T make all the dwarves speak with Scottish accents. That's just so cliche it's painful.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 12:14:27 am »
scotish/irish/or germanic...

cliche's are comfortable.

Go kill some rats :)

Zalera13

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 12:35:59 am »
What about semi-intellegent races? Do they get voice overs?
You know you want to lol. You know you do. Give in to the lol. YOU can not fight the power of the lol!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 01:57:53 am »
If we are consequent, then you shall expect voiced gobbles "soon (tm)". But personally, I would guess they may not be the first try.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Gravemind

• Hydlaa Resident
  • aka Nhil Sould
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 02:42:07 am »
Oh this is awesome, I'll get to work right away. I have the perfect voice for the death guardian and any other talking monsters, also I can do like an evil british or dexter morgan style neutral voice which I'll try for other death realm npcs :)
There is an alternative, more probable theory that 9/11 was in fact caused by Hanson's 1997 smash hit 'MMMBop.'

Zalera13

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 04:15:40 am »
If i can somehow manage to do this ill probly get voiced as the most boring NPC in the game... whoever he is...

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 04:50:21 am »
Boring ... boring ... uuhm ... Aldaaren! :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Pelinal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 11:16:46 am »
Boring ... boring ... uuhm ... Aldaaren! :D

Lol, this may seem stupid, but Aldaaren is very close to Alderaan which is a planet in the Star Wars Universe  :whistling:

Too close maybe