Author Topic: Technical Difficulties!!  (Read 1061 times)

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Technical Difficulties!!
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:24:13 am »
I am having major difficulties with technical problems. I have been having problems with no sound, problems with memory leaks, and now new problem is serious. I have just recently in the past day had to update and then reinstall planeshift three times. The problem is that i log on and my chat box, menu, shortcuts, buddy list, etc are all able to use, but the loading screen still covers my whole screen even though i can use the menu, shortcuts, buddy list, etc. I dont know too much about computers so speak as little computer language as you possibly can when replying. Thank you

-sig by sarras

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Technical Difficulties!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:58:08 am »
and yet you speak of memory leaks.

what resultion do youhave your screen set at?
do you have full screen on?
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:52:24 pm »
I am playing in fullscreen, If if didnt mention already this problem came up after reinstalling the game due to the updater.

-sig by sarras

Ghosts|Jestal

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 04:12:44 pm »
Hey it's me Estal. Go to Start>Programs>Planeshift Folder>Planeshift Setup. Now in the setup look at the top right of it and you will see resolutions [EXAMPLE: 1234x123], tell me which one is checked. This will determine your resolution.
Signature deleted for being too small. It was soo small, it represented the smallest sig in the world.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 05:29:39 pm »
Hello

The problem with the loading screen looks a bit like a graphics driver problem to me. Did you update them recently?

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 06:17:23 pm »
Hey Estal, my screen resolution is 1280x960 and ive got fullscreen, and Sen i think that you are right about the graphics, since im on a Vista. But the problem is how have i lasted this long with the graphics i have?

-sig by sarras

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 06:21:57 pm »
I got mixed up with what i said about fullscreen btw, i thought fullscreen meant it stretched across the screen [remember that im not to smart with computers] so now that ive went fullscreen a new problem occurs: Can i not have multiple tabs so that i can listen to music on [youtube] and be playing PS at the same time?

-sig by sarras

StitchedChin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 07:08:41 pm »
You should be able to, though the Taskbar will be gone in fullscreen.  Use ALT+TAB to flip between your other open programs.  Is that what you meant?

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 07:32:24 pm »
Yes Stitchedchin thats what i was talking about but now its better. I am now running at the lowest resolution and see no difference than i had before. Fullscreen resolution is the same, but when i tried the custom resolutoin the problem popped back up so the end result of this scenario is that i should not use the custom setting for resolution, thank all of you for replying to my post!

-sig by sarras

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »
urrghh its happening again, though i think this time it is due to a virus, but what i said at the beggining of this post is happening to me again, and none of the stuff that helped before is working.  :(

-sig by sarras