Poll

Do you think we're ready for a wipe?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Wipe y/n?  (Read 27043 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe y/n?
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2010, 09:46:18 pm »
Thanks Geoni, that was the very point I came back to make. I barely lurk the forums now... I KNOW I'm not going back in game. I've finally just joined the others as marq so humorously pointed out. ;D
*The porch of The Oldbie Retirement Home (A warm summer evening, crickets serenading, and the lazy, ubiquitous sound of rocking chairs)* 

Welcome home, Illysia, to a place where crystals still magically appear, Silverweaves never lose their luster, and the sound of quality RP hangs over Harnquist's thicker than any smith's smoke. Pull up a rocking chair and enjoy the slow but steady return of your sanity... Anyone up for a game of HAGS?

I feel bad that LigH is on his own but I'm spent. I've done everything I will ever do for this game already, not much more left to do or that I can do. I just hope LigH bails before he gets bitter like so many oldbies. But on the note of oldbies... anyone seen my silverweaves? :D

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2010, 11:22:59 pm »

Venorel curses and spits blood from the bite she did to her tongue

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:28 am »
Maybe I'm the exception to the rule but I never have a problem finding good RP, or maybe it is good RP finds me.  There is still plenty of RP to be had in this game. Way to many late nights have been devoted recently to some very nice RP.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 15, 2010, 02:43:55 am »
Well back to the wipe topic, I say wipe just to clean the database, and to push those PLers to EZPCUSA.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #439 on: September 15, 2010, 02:47:35 am »
You can always find me for nice RP. Why, Kull enjoys sipping cups of sugary tea and nibbling crumpets and buttery toast and small sandwiches and all sorts of lovely things to eat.

As he destroys you.  ;D

Seriously though, there won't be a wipe for awhile. No probable cause.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 15, 2010, 03:22:39 am »
@ Illysia:

We'll get a third server for the "serious" roleplayers, I'll stay as "fun roleplayer", and we will all be happy. Three separated communities. What could be better? ;) ;)

As long as I will be able to meet old and new friends, bitterness will be marginal.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 15, 2010, 04:27:21 am »
LigH you sound so much like a PLer, shush please you look bad shush. You haven't realised that A LOT of players have left PS due to the poor lack of RP. Zeroping was once a serious RP server, so why go change it?

What really needs to happen is the GM team needs to get a hang of a lot more harder on OOC behaviours on the RP server. I think that these serious RPers need to become GMs and do something about it. Its just ridiculous!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 15, 2010, 08:26:23 am »
Aha - so you want me to "Get off the RP server" ... hmm. Sounds familiar. ;) ... No, I won't. I'll keep playing with my friends. As serious or as loosely as I like. Trying not to annoy the majority by it.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #443 on: September 15, 2010, 10:21:45 am »
RP was above and beyond when there were less rules and enforcement. Community focus should concern player culture. Why? The rules and enforcement will not reach higher standards for roleplay, of the type shown in such servers as CotH. That has been made clear by the responses of the development team.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 16, 2010, 05:13:49 am »
Aha - so you want me to "Get off the RP server" ... hmm. Sounds familiar. ;) ... No, I won't. I'll keep playing with my friends. As serious or as loosely as I like. Trying not to annoy the majority by it.

Never said that. You're not a bad RPer, but something is going to need to be done. It is unfair that RPers who play on an RP server go to GMs or Devs about there complaint but get lower service than PLers, or OOC players.

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 16, 2010, 06:56:51 am »
There's also MANY children who are playing now, constantly leaking smilies and godmodding...
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2010, 11:36:55 pm »
There's also MANY children who are playing now, constantly leaking smilies and godmodding...

lol yes, there are many. But the ones I know of have been playing to long to do smilies :P

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 01, 2010, 05:31:21 pm »
nearly a year later are we any closer to answering this?
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 02, 2010, 12:52:02 am »
Yes.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 02, 2010, 02:57:12 am »
Let's do it!
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa