Author Topic: You Might Be An Oldbie If...  (Read 26171 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: You Might Be An Oldbie If...
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2018, 05:35:05 pm »
Good times, Volki, good times.

Pyros_Wildfire

« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmoW-gNjjXA

This is soooo applicable to how I feel right now.

One and only tanner

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The internet makes you stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2019, 04:03:54 pm »
You might be an oldbie if you remember this thread starting.

Rirenil Masdo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2019, 08:51:24 pm »

You might be an oldbie if you remember this thread starting.

I still remember the day Miss K handed the reigns of being the global mod for these forums over to me.  Hopping back here every few years and still seeing neko kyouran created stickies at the top of some of the forum sections really brings back all the memories.  Sad the day I had to give all that up and delete that account, but I didn't want it get hacked and letting someone have their way with mucking up these forums after all.  At least I still have this alt account to log in with.

I hope everyone old like me, as well as all you youngens are all doing well. 

I may return here in a few months with a special surprise hello from another old community member.  If can get her approval, I want to make it public here first.  It'll be only fitting, since this little old game was how we met in the first place, after all.

Take care Planeshifters.  Keep on, keeping on.
"Jekkar really is Planeshift's very own Van Gogh - an iconoclastic rulebreaker, unheralded by his peers, who must await for history to recognise his talents at a later date." - Rinenud
"Jekkar is an old one-eared smelly elitist party-pooper jerkface."  - Neko K

sliss

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Sliss
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2019, 11:36:56 am »
Good times, Volki, good times.

Hmmm, Thats's PoC's sign! (or Plank stole it ;-))

ditiloff

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2020, 03:15:47 am »
...if you remember a really annoying Klyros always trying to create drama. ;D

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • ꞆĂ­ꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 24, 2020, 03:58:55 am »
I grew up in Hydlaa. Half a lifetime ago it feels like. And it nearly is on closer inspection. I logged in the other day for the first time in years and it gave jaded me a sad, bitter feeling of nostalgia. The game itself is great and the new features are neat, but I sorely miss all the old friends. It used to be that every sliver of time I had, if I wasn't in here I was thinking about it. But it just isn't the same now. I miss Rinenud.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

ludwigusdescartium

« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2020, 01:17:18 pm »
I grew up in Hydlaa. Half a lifetime ago it feels like. And it nearly is on closer inspection. I logged in the other day for the first time in years and it gave jaded me a sad, bitter feeling of nostalgia. The game itself is great and the new features are neat, but I sorely miss all the old friends. It used to be that every sliver of time I had, if I wasn't in here I was thinking about it. But it just isn't the same now. I miss Rinenud.

Rinenud was a fraud. And a liar. And a corrupter of youths. In all, an abhorrent bounder. Be glad you are free of his influence and move on.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 20, 2020, 01:40:23 am »
No. Midbies are not special snowflakes like newbies and are not entitled to their own thread. They don't get hand holding and coddling for lacking knowledge or their asses kissed for being here first and in many cases, being crappy players... but I won't go there..

Heh… quite judgmental of midbie players.

I bet Damola would be a midbie. But played by a crappy player? Well… make your own opinion.
Love,
Damola

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2020, 02:44:47 pm »
No. Midbies are not special snowflakes like newbies and are not entitled to their own thread. They don't get hand holding and coddling for lacking knowledge or their asses kissed for being here first and in many cases, being crappy players... but I won't go there..

I bet Damola would be a midbie. But played by a crappy player? Well… make your own opinion.

Yeah, I was just joking around.
How've ya been, Damola? Still playing these days?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 10:19:33 am by Rigwyn »

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2020, 08:08:23 am »

Yeah, I was just joking around.
How've ya been, Damola? Still playing these days?

Still playing. Albeit mostly on weekends. Uadjet does such a marvelous job with GM events on Saturday. And then on Sunday there is market and on some weekends Dev Q&A.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 02:51:22 pm by Damola »
Love,
Damola

falmer

• Traveller
  • Stumbled uppon Planeshift
    • View Profile
    • Ducks
« Reply #371 on: August 14, 2020, 01:38:45 am »
So, still some life in there. What the new version will bring is very interesting. Hopeful someone are around to play when the time comes. Although Falmer is not as old as Aliencat Aliencat I have played for a somewhat long time.
So I arrive, to a world beyond recognizing...

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2020, 12:11:15 am »
Hey, look at that... people still rolling around here.  :o ...Wow! I've missed these emojis.  ;D

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2020, 06:15:50 am »
Illysia! Good to see you around again. How've you been?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 10, 2020, 02:55:16 pm »
Hiya Zwei :) Good to see you too. I've been up, I've been down, but I'm still ticking. I still even drop a wall o' text or two on people from time to time. ;D How about you?