Author Topic: Near Death by the Velnishi Cave  (Read 1380 times)

Rigwyn

Near Death by the Velnishi Cave
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:28:48 am »
[ This is an in game book that I wrote. I've told this story in Kada El's a few times and gave out coppies so it may look familiar. ]

By Rigwyn Setson

A tall, sturdy Ynnwn leaned in the doorway of "The Broken Door" facing outward. He glanced through the city door at the grassy lawn that hugged the road leading into the wilderness. He looked at his mug, and then at Brado. Placing the mug back down on the table along with a few tria, he straightened up and began his Journey. A grey bearded Dwarf tagged along beside him walking at a hurried pace.

The Azure crystal was glowing brightly and a gentle wind whispered in the background as his mind sorted though a list of tasks. The Ynnwn looked at the Dwarf, "I'm headed for Hydlaa this morning."

"I'm mining silver today", said Iminer as he looked up at the Ynnwn, "I'm short on tria again."

"Had another losing streak aye ? "

"No, I've stopped gamblin!", Iminer grumbled. "A Dwarfs gotta make a livin somehow. Can't just go about livin the life of a slacker like you."

Erodar Smirked, "I'm no slacker little man, I just optimize my workflow."

"Ya no good back rid'in bum. Learn ta mine or craft swords."

"Pfft - Yeah, ok."

Approaching the intersection by the mountain, they split. Iminer headed for the right while Erodar for the left.

"Im heading for the overpass t' see if there's any young Tefs t' hunt."

"Don't get yerself killed again now."

The only Tefusangs near the overpass were strong females - too risky to fight. Erodar headed up the left side of the mountain and over the boulder that formed the overpass and then onward up the mountain. He eventually made his way to an opening leading down into "Shindrock's Crater".

As he began to descend down into the hollow of the mountain Erodar noticed a white Fenki with grey stripes in her fur and a thin red sash draped from her side. She was half way up a tree staring down at an angry looking Ulbernaut. The sash was touching his nose. The Ulbernaut was hugging and pulling on the young tree violently - occasionally ramming into it. The Ulbernaut appear to be lacerated and bloody. Walking closer to the tree the sash became a stream of blood and the Fenki a meal waiting to be consumed.

Curiously he ran down into the crater and headed for the beast and Fenki however the Ulbernaut had snapped the tree before he could get there. Quickly she lept towards a pile of boulders and hid between them. The Ulbernaut scratched, pulled and sniffed the boulders without success and eventually gave up and came after Erodar growling and salivating as blood tinged streams of spittle drizzled from his mug. It seemed odd that it gave up so quickly on wounded prey.

Startled, he pulled out a sword and took a defensive position. The beast swung his right claw faster than he had expected removing a chunk of flesh and armor from the Ynnwn's shoulder. He fell to the ground from the force of the blow. The Ulbernaut began to raise both claws in the air eyes and mouth wide open. He quickly got up and ran beneath the Ulbernaut's legs and sprinted away from him heading for the rock pile and then scrambled to crawl between to large boulders. He found a passage leading into a strange cave, and crawled in. It was dark, but the Ynnwn could see after a few seconds.

Not wanting to get lost Erodar walked slowly dragging his fingertips against the left wall and his swords still clenched in his right hand. He called out to see if the Fenki was there hoping she knew how to cast life infusion but he heard no response so he proceeded to trace though the cave.

A soft paw touched his neck from behind and he heard a delicate voice utter the word "Weakness". Startled, he turned his head right to look and saw a path of white and grey fur fade into darkness with the sound of a femail voice whispering "Darkness". The cave became dark as soot and Erodar felt tired enough to collapse. He heard footsteps running away from him. "You wretched thing! How could you!", he half-shouted. Not knowing how long the magic would last, he decided to try and trace his way back to the opening.

He turned around and began to work his way back - tracing the wall with his right hand, sword clenched in his left. He slowly tested each step with the tip of his toe for fear of tripping.

The sensation of two rows of sharp pointed teeth caught Erodar's attention. His left leg jerked instinctively as he shouted in pain. Another bite below the knee followed, and then again on the right hand and right hip. The creature that bit his hip shook his head and tore a large piece of flesh loose. The flesh hung like a hinge. Warm blood ran beneath his armour and into his boot. Erodar pulled his sword out and swung blindly with his left hand.

Still swinging a sword with his left hand frantically he ran forward and sustained a few more bites before reaching the opening to the cave. He climbed out quickly and ran leaving sticky hand prints upon the rocks.  Erodar carefully sneaked past the angered Ulbernaut and made his way to the top of the mountain where he collapsed from exhaustion.

Erodar awoke hours later to the touch of a tall silver colored Kran who was casting a healing spell on him. "Redskin awakens .. heh..." the Kran muttered. "Looks like you've been gnawed on by Velnishi. I'd stay out of that cave if I were you." The Kran continued to dress the Ynnwn's wounds wrapping large leaves around them and tying the leaves on with thin vines.  Confused and tired the Ynnwn asked "There was a white Fenki .. with grey stripes, and a bad wound. Did you see her?"

The Kran nodded but said nothing. He offered the Ynnwn a steaming hot tin of stew, "Shh... Drink." Slowly Erodar sipped at the liquid and ate the rough chunks of meat and vegetation in it. "This is good, what is it?" Erodar asked. The Kran nodded again but did not respond. He finished his stew, got up and tossed his tin back into his sack and slowly walked away.

Erodar was now feeling much better so he began to remove the herbal compressions. He noticed a white patch of fur on his arms and legs where the herbal bandages previously were. Large patches of white fur with grey stripes. Not sure what to make of this he took another sip of his stew and began chewing on a piece of meat. He tugged at the fur but it was now attached to his own skin. Worried, he chewed the meat slower, then took it out and looked at it closely... it was red in color - much like his own flesh... much like his own ... flesh. Dropping the cup Erodar stumbled into a bush, closed his eys and began to puke and cough. As he opened his teary eyes he saw his own flesh gush out of his mouth and onto a half consumed Fenki carcass which was missing large patches of flesh and fur.

Looking up he saw the Kran walking off into the distance, sack slung over his right shoulder, left hand swinging casually with his pace. The kran was whistling a slow metered melody that was strangely familiar. The melody tapered off into silence and the Kran disappeared over the hill.  

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:30:45 am by Rigwyn »

Tadano Hitoshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Near Death by the Velnishi Cave
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:49:08 am »
Very good, and I feel just a queesy :-\ as the first time I read it ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 04:56:44 pm »
Would you be interested in offering your work to the Knowledge Seekers for a review for Jayose?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:16:39 pm »

Absolutely :)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 05:46:56 am »
what... the... hell!?  :o

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:47:03 am »
Whoa... Rig, that was ages ago!
I remember reading this as a true noob, absolutely great writing!
Love the freaky twist at the end ;D

usastCity

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:52:25 am »
I read the whole thing.

Sounds like you had a pretty good thing going for a first try. Keep trying

You are doing something different, and for some, different == bad.

And the Pony RP scene is... weird. Really weird.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 10:58:10 am »
I read the whole thing.

Sounds like you had a pretty good thing going for a first try. Keep trying

You are doing something different, and for some, different == bad.

And the Pony RP scene is... weird. Really weird.

Rigwyn is weird, and cool.

The one & the only.  ;D

Rigwyn

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 04:06:42 pm »
 ::|   A pony ?
* Rigwyn ponders for a moment scratching the skin at the base of his left horn when an idea suddenly appears. He grins mischievously and runs off to find a Rivnak.