Author Topic: Character creation problems  (Read 1036 times)

Glaciusor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Character creation problems
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »
I managed to get PS to work finally, and I was considering restarting my character (for multiple reasons). Good thing I checked the character creation page before deleting my character, because every time I try to create a character my graphics driver crashes, either immediately or within a few seconds after entering the character creation page.

Here are some details about my machine:

Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Driver Version:     6.14.10.4363
Operating System:   Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3
Physical Memory:    1519 MB
Graphics Memory:    128 MB
Processor:          x86 family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Speed:    1596 MHZ

"This might seem odd, but you should get a battle metronome."

botanic

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Character creation problems
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:58:16 am »
Interesting does the game work and just not the creation screen?

If so submit a bug please :)

Glaciusor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »
Ok, I'll do that. I've never submitted a bug report yet, but I'll do that.

If I wait for a few minutes at the character selection screen I can get into the game, but regardless what I do I can't get into character creation.
"This might seem odd, but you should get a battle metronome."

Celesta

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:18:52 pm »
I have the same issue. I am a new player, installed the client today. When I try to create a character, windows shuts down (into a blue screen). The machine runs Windows XP Professional.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:21:57 pm by Celesta »

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 01:06:16 am »
I have the same issue. I am a new player, installed the client today. When I try to create a character, windows shuts down (into a blue screen). The machine runs Windows XP Professional.
unfortunately blue screen only mean bugs in the video or audio drivers and/or harware fault.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 03:53:20 am »

Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

I have experienced similar problems with my mobile intel 945, even for PS steel blues. (Also at the char creation screen, but with rare occurence.) Getting the latest drivers does not necessarily lead to the best result. 6.14.10.4926 seems less prone to blue sreens, but they still occur. Since 0.5.0 came out, I gave up playing on my laptop, as the chipset does not seem to be designed to handle those shaders at all.

Celesta

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 11:46:12 am »
Right, it's the easiest way to blame the drivers, but the fact is, I am a game player and have no issues with any other recent installs. I guess, will have to agree with Bonifarzia that the game does not fit laptops.

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 02:42:12 am »
celesta blue screen can be issued only by kernel mode applications so yes the blame goes either to windows or the drivers. if you check the message on the top you will gather the exception of the driver and on the bottom the actual driver file. it's just your other games aren't as resource requiring as ps, or doesn't use the same paths in the driver (you know ps is opengl and 90% of games for windows are directx right?)

Orfintain

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 06:42:30 pm »
I'm having trouble with the character creation screen as well. 
Inspiron 1525 N
Ubuntu 9.10   - the Karmic Koala

When ever I select at race  the cursor disappears and no image loads. I know it's not frozen b/c I can still click go back (in the dark w/o a cursor)

Also When I get to settings the mouse reaction is very strange and it makes it almost impossible to change anything unlike the other screens.

...There also 6 or so lines of code that appear on the top left in the loading screen with the wizzard.. something about warning cannot load.. (Crystal Space ..lightning not found ..shadow noise ...not found)

I tried to repair it and it passed the integrity check