Author Topic: Looking to create a new US clan.  (Read 763 times)

EvilLemons

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Looking to create a new US clan.
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:00:13 pm »
Looking to make a US clan of active and very active players, that are also intelligent. It will be roleplay in that a back-story and the like will be created, but roleplaying will be optional. The reason for this is I am also going to bring this into MO, and possibly other games. However, I will still require that people speak in-character and out-of-character. To explain that, roleplaying to me is something that is done in reality, and not through text, but people speaking severely out-of-context within a game is a bit of a turnoff I feel.

If anyone would like to help in the construction of a serious clan with high standards for community, that I aspire to make large and possibly spanning multiple games(not too many or very many, as this can kill a clan or guild), I will give you my vent info.

This clan will be made unique, and possibly dark-themed, at least for Planeshift, as Planeshift doesn't have much crime, or at least it didn't used to...

I do have a basic idea of making a theme centered around balance, and a cult-type setup involving worship of life and death, but it will be a clan formed for players by players, so who knows what will happen!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:14:02 pm by EvilLemons »

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
Re: Looking to create a new US clan.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:12:14 pm »
The reason for this is I am also going to bring this into MO, and possibly other games.
There's roleplaying on MO? (assuming you mean Mortal Online)

EvilLemons

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »
The reason for this is I am also going to bring this into MO, and possibly other games.
There's roleplaying on MO? (assuming you mean Mortal Online)

What do you mean? Anywhere with text is a place where roleplaying can happen. Although in MO, you can rp based much more on actions. :)

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:30 pm »
What do you mean? Anywhere with text is a place where roleplaying can happen. Although in MO, you can rp based much more on actions. :)
I'm not too sure if I agree with this.  The Endless Forest doesn't have text and all they do is roleplay because there's nothing else to do in there except pretend you're a deer.  In games like Mortal Online, it really depends on how pathetic the community is.  I've played several PvP-centric games that have absolutely no roleplaying in them such as Regnum Online and Crowns of Power, which have communities that are laughable.  Darkfall's community is a joke.  The only PvP game I've ever played that was mature enough to support serious roleplaying was Ultima Online.

Considering this is a multi-game guild, I don't know why you are doing this on Fragnetics and not EZ-PC.

EvilLemons

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »
I'm not too sure if I agree with this.  The Endless Forest doesn't have text and all they do is roleplay because there's nothing else to do in there except pretend you're a deer.  In games like Mortal Online, it really depends on how pathetic the community is.  I've played several PvP-centric games that have absolutely no roleplaying in them such as Regnum Online and Crowns of Power, which have communities that are laughable.  Darkfall's community is a joke.  The only PvP game I've ever played that was mature enough to support serious roleplaying was Ultima Online.
But you can still roleplay wherever there is text. I'm not saying it's ideal, like I've said, real-action based rp is where it's at if you ask me. Numerous guilds on Mortal Online are RP actually, I'm surprised. Many converts from DF.

How is that managed in Endless anyway? Emotes or something?

Considering this is a multi-game guild, I don't know why you are doing this on Fragnetics and not EZ-PC.

Why would I do it on EZ? It's completely empty.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:21:19 pm by EvilLemons »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:04:50 am »
well he is sayin that he plans to rp, adn if he is on frag then generally he will find rp'ers so i dont see why the guild would HAVE to be on ezp
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 12:16:41 am »
I'm not saying it's ideal, like I've said, real-action based rp is where it's at if you ask me.
I'm not too sure if I would consider PlaneShift to be real-action based RP since it's not FFA PvP.

How is that managed in Endless anyway? Emotes or something?
The Endless Forest is worse than a glorified chatroom.  If they want to moo, they click on the moo icon.  They can also wander around some forest, sniff each others' butts and whatever they do in that horrible thing.  I know of a few oldbies here who actually enjoyed it for whatever reason.

Why would I do it on EZ? It's completely empty.
Because what you want to do is a multi-game guild.  The direction that Fragnetics is going in now, it takes a player who seriously wants to be a dedicated PlaneShift player to play on Fragnetics any more.  I can't imagine a large group of people playing PlaneShift casually among other MMOs that would survive on that shard.  Of cousre that's just my opinion though.

Marqsaynt

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 12:37:38 am »
...It will be roleplay in that a back-story and the like will be created, but roleplaying will be optional...

From what I can tell, this is why it would need to be on EZ-PC... unless the "optional" characters just don't ever want to speak in main. The laissez-faire RP attitude would probably have to be changed or I don't think the idea will fit with the current spirit of the Laanx server.