Author Topic: Scary Area  (Read 422 times)

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Scary Area
« on: May 10, 2003, 10:52:41 pm »
It would be nice if there were a town deep in the PS world and it would be ultra scary but also a quest.

In front of this town there should be a
\"warning sign,\"that has been put their by the gods, saying that death and evil await in this town.

There would be dead people lying on the floor with rotten flesh and some people have their eyeballs plucked out of their sockets. You would see guts everywhere. You see buildings with bloody handprints that are smeared and you see puddles of blood on the ground. You would see Zombies with flesh decaying, hungry for brains and flesh of the population of Planeshift, you see the roaming around like senseless creatures just waiting for them to attack people and consume their warm flesh and blood. Next to buildings you would see Rats eating away parts remains from long ago. Also you would see people that have been unfortunately stabbed and killed in pungi traps and decaptitated bodies with their heads on pungi sticks. The sky would always be bluish-black and the only way to survive the zombies and monsters there would be to go in a large group and fight your way through. Hidden in the town would be rare evil items, evil weapons, and evil armor. In the center of the town where zombies and monsters protect the area, there would be a ray of light coming down from the sky and the light would be shining on a handle of a sword. The sword handle forged from the Gods is the only sword handle that can attached to a \"special\" blade only known in Myths.

Then upon getting the sword handle, the ground shakes and you are teleported under ground to a place where fire surrounds you see the \"special\" blade behind a demon (imagine the demon in Lord of the Rings, the demon with the firewhip, that takes Gandalf the Grey down with him),you then have to defeat the demon, then upon fighting the gigantic demon you retrieve the \"special blade,\" then when you put the two parts together you see everything turn white, then you awaken on \"The other side.\"

Then on \"The other side\" is a peaceful green meadow where the rainbow shines and the lakes are sparkling blue and the glimering river is filled with fish and the gods shine the are with the golden light from the crystal that releases its energy. Then the gods speak to you and congratulate you on such a heroic deed, then the gods ask you if you want to stay or not. If you want to stay then you may explore the area some more for items or other stuff. If you want to leave then you suddenly whiteout again, then you wakeup infront of the \"scary area,\" then you are free to leave and headout for another area.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 11:15:42 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 03:34:39 am »
What you are describing is basically the labyrinth.  This is under the city and is just one big dungeon area.  This is already a facet of the game.  Who knows what is really down there...it has yet to be explored.

Phobos

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
and just for a touch of eerieness
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 11:49:29 am »
Something that I always thought was kind of a subtle hell was a vast plane with nothing but horizon in all directions except for one dead decaying tree. The entire field is an ash black and its grass somberly blowing in the wind. The sky is blood read as if some wear up there was a major battle gallons of blood was spilt. And the sun was black so black to the extent it seemed impossible for a luminescent object to exist. The clouds pass over head with amazing speeds never seen a cloud travel before.

elminster

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 01:54:34 pm »
What is this, Dreams Eternal? :D

Although I like the Hell-Idea. But I would add something: In *every* game I have seen so far, zombies, skeletons, DEAD people can be killed. That is nonsense, who is already dead, how can be killed???
I would rather imagine hacking the zombie as long as his parts are as small as a stick - he would still be \"alive\" (I mean: dead :) ), but I don\'t think a pile of sliced up meat can do much against you...

Greetings,
E.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 01:55:53 pm by elminster »

logan_dugenoux

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 03:23:57 pm »
yes but the labirinth is not scary aty all, for now.
\"Yes\", he said.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 05:12:29 pm »
To kill zombies, I dunno maybe you can use some kind of Holy or White Magic. Then they won\'t be roaming around senslessly like the zombies they are and they can rest in peace.

Bushie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 07:12:35 pm »
Sounds like...Medieval Resident Evil  :rolleyes:
<--Click me

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 07:40:27 pm »
hmm how to make a game actually scary is tough, I think is soley rests on the music, since music is subconsious.

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 08:05:47 pm »
Music, and also the ingame stuff.. The guys can be uber baddies, but uber slow. You\'d be dodging around as fast as you can, trying not to get hit. That  can pump that adrenilen.
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 08:20:24 pm »
That\'d be a good idea, and pray you don\'t get pinned down next to a corner by zombies.

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 08:30:36 pm »
Yeah, which brings me to another idea, angels and gods? Say if you get cornered down there, and since you cant die there another time, your suffering eternally until they leave, or an angel comes. They can be NPCs that come down when more than 3 zombies are attacking, and kill the zombies.
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.