Author Topic: Jousting Tournament  (Read 2420 times)

Zon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Roving Raiders
    • View Profile
Re: Jousting Tournament
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 01:17:25 pm »

N.B. If people wanna hold markets or bets for this tournament, they are mostly welcome. They will have to contact me, and arragements can be made.

Just a heads up that betting in the arena is not allowed

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 01:28:59 pm »
   For location, how about one of the valleys to the right, just outside Hydlaa?  Easy to get to, a kind of "natural" theatre...
my name is Sanrai ;)

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »

N.B. If people wanna hold markets or bets for this tournament, they are mostly welcome. They will have to contact me, and arragements can be made.

Just a heads up that betting in the arena is not allowed
a lot of things are not allowd, but people to do them anyway :P
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Garomort

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 03:48:59 pm »
This looks like fun and maybe a good guy gets the chance to stick a sword through Jacula's heart..

Just a though  :devil:
Besmircher

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »
This looks like fun and maybe a good guy gets the chance to stick a sword through Jacula's heart..

Just a though  :devil:
im pretty sure perl said no killing so id assume anyone who kills jacula, would end up being disqualified...
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy

Abuse?

Eurac Hog

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 12:17:00 am »
The House of games hopes to run a sweepstake at this event, details to follow, be lucky.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 12:19:47 pm »
the DR library could be good, dont have to worry bout death

but they can travel on the shelves ><

*edit*

No idea about the place, i lag in the pits, the front of the arena is perfect, however you said small spaces, do you want the small space becasue of players getting knocked off their mount and travelling really far away, or so that we have less room to fly?

The only place i can think of that has small areas are the arena pits, but maybe some wildernedd maps are small too. Dunno, i dont care either just as long as its not underground, or intowns were i might get arrested

*edit*

i forgot to mention that can we use any monts? ad we can only wield 1 weapon in our hand ? because of the lance thing
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:35:24 pm by neko kyouran »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36:09 pm »
Please edit your previous message instead of double or triple posting masient!

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 01:21:29 pm »
about the location:

) anywhere in DR in not an option, it's a tournament for the living, not the dead
) yes, Maisent, because when jousters get knocked off their mounts, they won't travel very very far
) not anywhere in a town, we respect the town rules

for the rest:

) no killing whatsoever
) yes, one lance (we don't joust with teaspoons) and one weapon of choice

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 09:40:46 pm »
mabey the BDroad between gugrotid and hydlaa then, its pretty lag-free for me, and its wide open, and when you go sliding off your mount you dont really have to worry about falling off a cliff, just going up and down a hill or two

Abuse?

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 04:22:12 pm »
after having tested some locaotion and taking your suggestions into consideration, it has been decided that the event will take place inside the Vulcano. For all who don't know where that as, it's near the gold mine on the ojaroad 2 map

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 09:06:12 am »
The  crater seems a nice place for this.
Are there any news about the apparently higher chance to accidentally kill your foe when riding a mount? (No confirmation window, not even a "you have killed ..." system message, not triggered by a change of stances, observed by other players, but only managed to reproduce this once. It was the first and only time I sent a player to death realm, though.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:09:30 am by Bonifarzia »

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 11:39:55 pm »
A small summary of the event:

The eventual twelve jousters in order of their numbers given to them:

1 Mordaan
2 Jacula who was cloaked and known as Siel
3 Darmyr
4 Bonifarzia
5 Enoreye
6 Earowo (that is the name I believe  ;D)
7 Livitin
8 Koios
9 Anibela
10 Maisent
11 Sulaika
12 Perlan

In the first round these fighters fought:

Sulaika - Earowo
Perlan - Maisent
Livitin - Bonifarzia
Darmyr - Enoreye
Mordaan - Koios
Jacula - Anibela

The ones who went to the second round and who they faced:

Maisent - Enoreye
Sulaika - Livitin (unfortunately the dices decided that these guildies fought each other)
Koios - Jacula

These 3 made it to the finals and fought each other in two rounds for points according to the system where 2 wins is 3 points, a tie in the 2 fights is 1 point each, and a loss 0 points:

Enoreye 0 - Jacula 3
Enoreye 1 - Livitin 1
Livitin 0 - Jacula 3

In these finals Jacula won 2 fights from Enoreye which gave him 3 points very soon. Then Jacula fought Livitin one time and won. To make the outcome not clear yet for the excitement of all, I decided to have Livitin and Enoreye fight each other, since he still had a shot at the title. Unfortunately Enoreye won the first round from Livitin, which made it very clear that Jacula already won at that point, since Livitin could no longer get the same amount of points that Jacula already had. Livitin fought Enoreye a second time though and then he won. In the final two fights of this event, Jacula fought Livitin, won both rounds hence giving him a total of 6 points. Moroever, he stood undefeated during this whole tournament. And i we have a history together, i am very proud of him actually.  8)

I think this joust adds one to the succesfull tournaments held by myself  8) highly visited by many people in Yliakum. I would like to thank all who came to watch the spetcale, and all who participated. Special thank goes out to Anibela, Enoreye and Mordaan who filled the places needed for this event, because in the beginning of the evening I really thought I needed to cancel the tournament. Thank You!!!

After having won and being the ultimate jouster of the day, the cloaked sir Siel revealed that he was actually Jacula, and warned all for his skills and that all should fear him.  ;D He thanked me for being his mentor and combat trainer, the bastard made the brutal Perlan cry, D@MM YOU, JACULA!  ;)

Ooh, a note aside: no Master of Move fears.  8)

I think most who were there really enjoyed the spectacle and had lots of fun, I know I did, except when having lost [due to lag] hehe.
Some jousters and spectators joined the small afterparty later in Brado's tavern, it was very nice.

Thanks all,

Perlan Cernun, Grandmaster of the Masters of Move

P.S. The alliance plans an event of a different sort, but that is for later  :) Anyone who made pictures of the jousting tournament please put them here for everyone to enjoy (i had no time to make some, since i was busy being a ref).

jaculapundactum

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 07:03:53 am »
I enjoyed being part of this event and watching all the fights, there is certainly new dueling prospects to watch out for. Not counting out the veterans of course  :thumbup: Great job Perlan, I look forward to more events in the future.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »
this was actually really fun, too bad though, i really wanted to duel the masked man [PS: sorry for being mean jacula, masient dont like masked people :P]