Author Topic: Oh the Shame!...  (Read 681 times)

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Oh the Shame!...
« on: February 03, 2002, 12:25:07 pm »
welcome to Lemmings inc.

http://everquest.station.sony.com/fanfaire/en/scrapbook_dallas_photos.jsp

I feel nothing but embarrasment and contempt for these deluded people... so easily fooled and held by the sway of such a pathetic and shallow game...

dont mind my little rant... EQ is my arch nemesis. I think the photo on the 3rd page of teh Fat, George lucas wannabe sums up EQ and ever thing it stands for very nicely in my mind.

A fool and his money is easily parted... once I was that fool, but now... i have seen the light!

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2002, 03:46:37 pm »
EQ isnt a bad game, although it is a waste of money.i sadly have to admit i played EQ for a good amount of time 8o .  i now will play planeshift and not turn into the dude on the 3rd picture!

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2002, 03:48:52 pm »
btw, bigfoot, what exactly were u doing? maybe spying?! lol jk

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2002, 03:51:30 pm »
Thats the sadest thing ever...

Doesn\'t anyone know its just a game?! Just a bunch of 1\'s and 0\'s thrown into a cd-rom, nothing more. Nobody in their right mind would use time to make a convention for an on-line game. The games are great, but in the end you should not give jack squat about it, because its a game!

That just creeps me out. *shivers*

IHS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2002, 04:00:55 pm »
ok maybe this is because bigfoot has very good english nad uses long words *stare*, but i dont understand whats wrong with people playing everquest making a convention.. i mean, if u play the same game with the same people for sevrall years, it could be nice to meet them face to face..
maybe one day we will make a Ps convention =)

IHS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2002, 04:01:36 pm »
wait wait, reading back my post i do find a PS convention alittle pathetic =/

Icebolt

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2002, 08:31:48 pm »
U know what?

I HATE PAY 2 PLAY GAMES

Or whatever they\'re called. I just looove to see all those new MMO\'s failing in their goals.  BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY MONEY. There is waaaaaaaaay to much competition, ESPECIALY because by then there is going to be a great game released with excellent graphics and smooth gameplay, and best of all, IT\'s GONNA BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

btw, I\'m talking about PS    :]

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2002, 08:31:14 am »
Yo, Icebolt, gd to see you back. :D
I\'m not so \"evil\":evil: to wish that all of them fail, but one thing I agree is that PS will kick their asses :D   :P
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2002, 11:45:33 am »
I havent REALY got anything against EQ... i started playing EQ 4 months after its release. And loved it, and in a way i still do, once i get my new PC ill start playing again a bit (since ill be able to run it again finaly... damn SoL expansion and there insane decission to no longer voodoo2 support)... however sicne I quit on numerouse occasions out of shear bordom and realisation as to teh complete lack of gameplay ie camp boreing, uninteresting mobs ad-nausium, i mean oh look its emperor crush who happens to be the same as an orc pawn only bigger and dishing out more damage. level die level die level rinse repeat over and over and OVER... ooo i look like every other joe shmoe. Oooo wow... i get a rusty weapon as a reward for camping 3 RL days and then fighting a named NPC 3 times higher in levels than my self... a bit exagerated, but very true... everquest... there aint no QUEST about it.

they pamper only high level hooked players since THEIR where teh money comes from... they dont give a crap about the newbies... I jsut dont see how any one can actualy justifie paying money for a game like it... Ultima Online is the same kettle of fish. but i at least give it some cudos since they where the first and they seemed to get alot of it right.

As for Pay to play... its a neccassary evil, Servers take a shit load of money to run, and i aint talking petty cash people im talking thousands of dollars per month.

Dark ages of Camelot looks quit good, il try that soon as well...

Game conventions.. nothing wrong with them in my mind.. just conventions done by a company that makes a crap game, who treats players like trash and then takes there money while hooking them in with the old carrot on a stick routein of gameplay... ooo just have to get to teh next level... so i can get the same spell i got 19 levels ago only stronger and with snazzyer effects...

long live PS, hopefully we can make it differant...

as for teh fat guy on page 3... not being insultive to him, but this experiance i had at work sums it up... Im working and a customer comes up, hes holding a large toy race car in his hands... hes unwashed and slightly smelly, and unshaven... he says to me \"This is what i do all day\"... i look puzzled as i scan the 3 boxes of cigarettes hes buying and put tehm infront of him... he then comments again \"I collect matchbox cars ... i have heaps of them at home\"... all i do is smile at him and think to my self... \"yeah right, your life is so exicting\"... i dont know i jsut find people like that sad i guess. like those crying clowns... im sorrta like them, but at least ive opened my eyes to the futilitie and pointlessness of alot of it, i can thank EQ for making me realise that, im now immune to the hook factor of these games sicne i know what it leads to...

now rather than play the games.. I MAKE the games! ehhehe :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2002, 11:58:32 am by Bigfoot »