Author Topic: PS status script [LEGACY]  (Read 4648 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: PS status script
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2017, 06:51:16 pm »
Haha, thank you Derula. <3

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 06:34:13 am »
Any time! ...except if I'm busy or don't feel like it or have finally moved on to serious life :P

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 11:13:09 am »
(For people new to this topic, this is about these images you can put in your forum signature: )

This thing has had a good run over the past decade.
Many things have happened in the meantime, such as the European GDPR regulation and a new Unreal Engine based client.
Currently, I'm in the process of moving all my websites to a new server.
I have two questions to this community regarding my PS status script:
  • Does it make sense to keep it around?
  • If yes, do I need to change anything to make it work with PSUnreal?
Currently, the way it works is by loading this page every minute.
If PSU runs on a different server, I would have to make some changes.
If it doesn't provide this page at all, it would be more complicated to adjust my script.

I tried to figure it out myself, but couldn't find anything definitive.
So any feedback or information would be appreciated.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2023, 02:26:13 pm »
Thanks for your PS status script. Currently user facing web stuff for PSUnreal is not yet deployed as the PSUnreal server currently has no domain name and the apps have not been adapted to the newer PHP version on the PSUnreal server. Also its IP address will change when the legacy Crystal Space PlaneShift server is decommissioned.

I suggest you wait for the decommissioning of the old server and till the PSUnreal server will get a domain name. Also the PHP apps need to be adapted to the newer PHP version on the PSUnreal server. So I suggest you have a little more patience. I bet there will be some char statistics page for PSUnreal as well, but that of course is up to Talad. Whether it looks the same or different is also up to him.

So I suggest you give it a bit more time. I think it will be easy enough to become aware when a char stats page for PSUnreal becomes available  :)
Love,
Damola

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2023, 03:46:16 pm »
Thanks @Damola for the details, actually I think that works out pretty well because I would have to get my thing to work with a newer PHP version as well. I guess I will let the current version run for PS legacy for now while that server is alive, and then move it to my new webhost and make adjustments for PSUnreal when the web frontend becomes available.

I just might need a little push when that happens because I'm not actively following PS development and stuff :)

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2023, 05:56:23 am »
Well, not sure I remember to post when PSUnreal char online status page is available. Well one of us or someone else will remember, so that will be fine.
Love,
Damola