Author Topic: THE CHAMPION'S CUP  (Read 10495 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: THE CHAMPION'S CUP
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2010, 09:10:27 am »
I highly doubt I'll ever join the Champions Cup once… unless someone I know very well and I trust pushes me to help. First of all, because my chars are not skilled enough, and secondly… ALL the magic around. I mean, I can stand lag, I can train to max the way I've chosen, but… swords, axes, daggers, hammers, bows, and other weapons are there for something. Everyone will use magic bcause everyone knows that magic can be way more powerful than weapons.

Can't you do a 2-days torunament? One for wizards, and another for duelists. And you can join both! But, oh, I guess I'm still too newb to suggest this :P

*Mishka whistles and heads off, ready to slay some cutthroats*

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Heleckie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2010, 10:13:35 am »
Asiek won one of these battles using axes only.  It is a mock battle and therefore the unexpected can happen.  Magic is not always supreme.   The idea is to give people a taste of a battle where anything goes and as few rules as possible apply. Therefore, it is not like your usual tournament and in fact it is not a tournament.  But we will discuss your suggestion and see if anything new can come out of it.  In the meantime, please join us in the audience and yell and scream for your favourite guild.
Heleckie

xitop

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2010, 01:25:16 pm »
  A battle mage is yet to win, thus far axes have prevailed. Maybe that's because standing still to spell-cast is far too dangerous... a still target is soon picked out as an easy one, people tend to keep moving and carry health potions rather than mana. Who knows, perhaps a new strategy will emerge. Also. it's worth reminding people that this is a team or guild event,  only once has a lone entrant won...  Bonifarzia.. though she was part of a powerful alliance who maybe shielded her from some of the blows, or at least drew some of the attention from her.

I may as well announce now, that  another guild is being invited to run the event for a while. Although Diamond Claw is quite happy to continue, I don't want the event to be seen as belonging to any one guild. As "The Warriors" have shown such great suport for the event, they have first refusal, and are considering  their options. Should they  decide not to for any reason.. perhaps they wpould rather just fight it out in the pit... and quite honestly, the event runs itself these days, with minimum input from organisers,  another responsible guild may step forward.
 A few individuals have stepped forward, offering to sponser the event on a one off basis with prize money or rare swords for the winning guild, so far I have refused such offers, considering Guild Honour to be prize enough, for ALL fighters, not just the winners. However, this is a matter for the organising guild to consider.

It has recently been suggested that an easier targetting system  can now be established, by using a "group challenge" command, this has yet to be tested, if it works, there will be no more need for the rather confusing warm up exercise, and, the event could be held in different locations.

Signed with the seal of 
   Xitop,
 Keeper of the Diamond Claw

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:37:20 pm by xitop »

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2010, 01:42:02 pm »
Everyone will use magic bcause everyone knows that magic can be way more powerful than weapons.

Venorel has been on one of the Champion's Cup events and, in that one at least, the magic users were targeted early on. By the time half the contestants were down my feeling is that most of the magic users were gone. That is not from direct observation so much but by the fact the lag continued to lessen up to that point.

The winner of the Cup on that occasion was not a magic user.

It should also be mentioned that Venorel was targeted by a magic user right from the start and was being hit with dazzling light. That quickly ended. My assumption is that so did the life of the mage casting it.

My feeling is that it is a good chance to see what it is like when no holds are held in the contest so one may see how they can stand up against all and any offensive attacks.

My vote would be to leave the Cup exactly as it is.

- Nova

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2010, 12:36:33 am »
I want to beat warriors by myself 0,0 if i could ever get on... MUAHAHAHA

:D  Bring it.

Lol, maybe. I can't make it to saturday next month because my computer would probably lag because of so many people and magic in the pit... mm we'll see

Excuses.  A bad craftsman always blames his tools.

Ahahaha...Heleckie if only you knew what kind of comp i was using...

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2010, 02:05:28 am »
What I said is give the non-advanced magic users a chance. Nut now that I come to think about it, I still have Perlan and the Masers of Move :P

NOT everybody uses axes (for example, Mishka uses swords). NOT everybody uses Crystal Way and/or Dark Way. FEW people have enough powerful glyphs of the other ways to defend (or attack) theirselves from the other attacks (Water, Wall… and in my case, Lava. And other glyphs.). And NOT everyone uses heavy armor… some of the players around would rather use leather, or chain, because that's the way they choosed for their RPs.

I feel like whinning a lot about something I [highly doubt] will never take part in. Just my thoughts ;)

*Mishka summons a flame and throws it at a dlayo* Uh-oh… I messed up, HELP!

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2010, 02:11:26 am »
What I said is give the non-advanced magic users a chance. Nut now that I come to think about it, I still have Perlan and the Masers of Move :P

NOT everybody uses axes (for example, Mishka uses swords). NOT everybody uses Crystal Way and/or Dark Way. FEW people have enough powerful glyphs of the other ways to defend (or attack) theirselves from the other attacks (Water, Wall… and in my case, Lava. And other glyphs.). And NOT everyone uses heavy armor… some of the players around would rather use leather, or chain, because that's the way they choosed for their RPs.

I feel like whinning a lot about something I [highly doubt] will never take part in. Just my thoughts ;)

*Mishka summons a flame and throws it at a dlayo* Uh-oh… I messed up, HELP!

Well healing potions are allowed so even if you have a powerful magic thing hen that would be totally void, since the person with most potions will most likley win.

xitop

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2010, 05:08:00 am »

Let it be known that "The Warriors" have agreed to take over the organisation of The Champion's Cup. Please look to them for further information and announcements regarding this matter, I wish them all success with their endeavours.

signed with the seal of
  Xitop, Keeper of the Diamond Claw
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:31:41 am by xitop »

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2010, 11:40:46 pm »
Woohoo!   :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :woot:
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Hipie_Froboz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2010, 10:04:09 am »
I am not fighting in the competition, but it came to my attention if you make it guilds only you can use the guildwar feature to solve your problems

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2010, 10:11:37 am »
I am not fighting in the competition, but it came to my attention if you make it guilds only you can use the guildwar feature to solve your problems
better to use groups then

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2010, 11:29:27 am »
It is guilds only. But the good thing about using the Dlayo Pit (PvP area) for this event is that you don't have to start guild wars to make it work  ;)
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2010, 04:30:12 pm »
May i ask when the next cup is?

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2010, 05:04:45 pm »
Unless informed otherwise, The Warriors will stick to the same time set in the inital post. That means that the next Cup will be 4th December 21:00 GMT
Hoping that many will come to fight for glory, or just to cheer for their friends  :)
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2010, 11:08:26 pm »
Unless informed otherwise, The Warriors will stick to the same time set in the inital post. That means that the next Cup will be 4th December 21:00 GMT
Hoping that many will come to fight for glory, or just to cheer for their friends  :)