Author Topic: Some notes from a random stranger.  (Read 3352 times)

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Some notes from a random stranger.
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2010, 03:54:59 pm »
 "this sort of level of contribution"? Although the search has brought up many threads, every player can and should make an effort to improve the game, and this can be done simply by perfecting ideas in threads like this one. You people make it sound like work; I do this to relax.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2010, 04:11:54 pm »

Rigwyn

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 04:34:53 pm »
Nivm,

You should really get on top of the developers and tell them to make fix some of the more serious problems like: the hall of mirros effect in the laanx temple entrance ( I just can't rp with this distraction ).
Also there are the annoying delays that occur when moving from town to town.
- how can I rp having a civilized conversation with someone if we suddenly get split up mid conversatiin and my partner starts running into the wall. I'm sorry, but I just can't ignore this.

Jump on their backs and smack'em in the ass like a race horse. Make them animate the guard so that they chase and attack criminals. I just can't rp like this. Bad people walk right in front of them and they don't do anything! There must be a usable open source ai lib for this.
*sigh*  I'm going to start downloading one now. Then I'll download the latest source and compile it with the crappiest compiler I can find. /me places his wrist over his head and grabs onto the wall, "oh! This will be the death of me!"

Oh! And I refuse to sleep until someone fixes the lemur models! Its 2010 and they they thill don't look as they should.
Someone will have to address this!

I'm brewing a pot of coffe now.

Volund

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »
Players aiding the developers in making the game...huh?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 05:07:32 pm by Volund »
We all know ylians have the package, the looks, the brain, pretty much all of it, I feel guilty.

bloodedIrishman's alter-ego while stunned by the banhammer.

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 05:01:02 pm »
 I am severely limited in game-experience, because my time on that computer is limited. So I do not know about the glitches you speak, nor can I guess how the game is rendered or loaded; just that it is. I do know that such errors are significantly harder to address than text and settings (both options and world) mechanics.

I find it funny that many of the threads with the word "atheist" are locked.

Blender is pretty easy to use, especially for organic models. However, it is a pain to use for machines; it is very hard to keep things perfect symmetrical, even if you use all its functions.

Predit: Yeah, I thought Rigwyn was being a bit silly there, but I think it was just to mock my statement about "every player can and should make an effort to improve the game". But that's alright, because it means she did get what I said, and even took it deeper into her mind with her joke.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:10:02 pm by Nivm »

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:14 pm »
I always went with 'Non-follower'. Simple definition. You don't follow any of the gods for whatever reason. Your belief or not that they exist does not enter the definition. I always thought it was silly for PS to try to make up new definitions for real world words. Only confuses the issues.

Hell, just make up a new word from one of the old languages that means "the fool who follows no god". Problem with real world definitions solved.

Volund

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 05:15:27 pm »
Nivm, these terms are already defined.
We all know ylians have the package, the looks, the brain, pretty much all of it, I feel guilty.

bloodedIrishman's alter-ego while stunned by the banhammer.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »
I can testify Talad's existence. I saw it in form of Kra some days ago. It's a powerful god, 'cause has relieved me instantly from Dakkru's curse, because I served him for a purpose.
I respect him for he deserves my respect, but I can live without being a follower, unless for a purpose. Laanx still not seen around.  :D

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010, 10:08:38 pm »
 Oh, blast, removing it.

Rigwyn

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2010, 06:28:05 am »
You saw talad ? Was he ebon colored like it says in the settings doc ?
I suggest following xiosuia instead, while talad should be superior to xiosia, xiosia is more willing to flaunt her power.

Sounds like talad is a cheapskate if all he did for you was to short-change dakkru.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2010, 06:50:48 am »
You saw talad ? Was he ebon colored like it says in the settings doc ?
[...]
Sounds like talad is a cheapskate if all he did for you was to short-change dakkru.

no, it wasn't ebon colored, that day.

I'd say it's a practical god, more cautious in showing his power. after what it's happened to Laanx, is not to blame.