Author Topic: Drifter's that glide  (Read 617 times)

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Drifter's that glide
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:10 pm »
it'd be cool if the drifter had a specially ability that allowed it to glide a short distance, maybe twice the current jump distance, by either holding or tapping the jump key repeatedly after the initial jump. maybe give it a maximum glide time as well so that after a certain distance or time in the air the glide effect will cease, ie the drifter becomes exhausted and falls, that way we won't see people jumping from very high places to get to where they shouldn't be or something:)
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Drifter's that glide
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:28:57 am »
I think if they ever implement klyros as having the ability to glide for short distances, then drifters should be able to glide the same distance as they do. (unless this turns into a skill that allows one to glide more with a higher level)

It's not a bad idea, but be careful with your precious drifters.  :D

-sig by sarras

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:01:14 am »
(unless this turns into a skill that allows one to glide more with a higher level)
well in that case, that would just make, pets being trainable in skills a higher priority
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:28:52 am »
It would be kool if a drifter was like a some how specie from the klyros that somehow mixed with some other race.
But thats not what is kool this is.
If you are riding your drifter (moving) then you stop and its legs pop out and land ... ehh?
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
that would be creepy, drifters shouldnt have legs >.>
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Yaniel

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »
(unless this turns into a skill that allows one to glide more with a higher level)
well in that case, that would just make, pets being trainable in skills a higher priority
I somehow like that idea.  \\o//

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:12 pm »
 If there will be any model editing, I think drifters should have a wingspan that makes sense for the weight. The ability to glide over the roof and tree tops will reduce wing-wall combinations from the increased size. And add the animation matching the movement. Mostly just the alterations that make it look like the wings matter.