Author Topic: A Kidnapping Gone Wrong  (Read 1242 times)

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
A Kidnapping Gone Wrong
« on: July 03, 2010, 03:52:17 pm »
   A bit late on this sorry :P
And guess what, no logs this time!! :)
Enjoy, and as always, feedback welcome!! :D

Finally released from his stint in the Hydlaa Prison, Marsuveus Dastro quickly vowed revenge upon all those involved in his capture.  He spent several hours walking aimlessly around Hydlaa, not finding or seeing anyone he recognized, until a small groffel bumped into his leg, carrying a small parchment which read: “Kidnap Dannae....Ransom...25%....Hide and Contact.....Ahriman.”  Marsuveus grinned, attaching his own message to the groffel's neck, a simple “Deal” and kicked the groffel, senidng it back on it's way. 

Later that nigh he saw Dannae Reinor standing near the edge of the plaza, next to Hanquist's.   Marsuveus' identity was unknown to Dannae at that point, and the priestess was already set on edge and worried over the disappearances of several of the other Daughters, especially the priestess Sluuph, who was abducted in the well-known scene during her engagement party.  Having watched that affair from a distance, Marsuveus knew the priestess' yearning to learn where Sluuph was being kept. 

Marsuveus quietly walked up to Dannae, carrying a small sack.  Smiling a bit under his dark hood, Marsuveus pretended to have information as to Sluuph's location. 

“Are you the priestess named Dannae?” he asked innocently, his voice slightly muffled from the long hood thrown over his face.

“Y...yes, I am...” Dannae said, immediately suspicious of the darkly cloaked stranger.

“Can I have a word in private? It's about your missing priestess..,” Marsuveus said, ushering Dannae to a secluded corner of the plaza, near the passage to the Arena. Dannae followed slowly, trying to catch a glimpse of the Ynwnn under his hood, but to no end.

“I know where they're keeping her....Take this...,” he said said.  Marsuveus produced a rolled scroll, which he claimed to be a map, and handed the parchment to Dannae.  Marsuveus then produced a small black box, and seemed reluctant to hand the container to Dannae, as if it might contain something particularly painful for the priestess to see.  Dannae, still reluctant to trust the stranger, slowly opned the box, not taking her eyes off of the stranger's face as he lowered his hood, exposing a heavily scarred face. 

“Please, I can't tell you who I am, they'll come after me...Just...open it,” Marsuveus replied to the priestess' inquiries as to his identity and motivation.

Marsuveus' box popped open, sending a thin, yellowish gas hissing into the air directly under Dannae's exposed face.  Marsuveus quickly pulled his cloak over his face as the knockout gas began it's work.  Dannae flinched back from the sudden escape of the gas, and quickly tried to step away from the grinning Ynwnn, making it only a few steps before her legs failed her. 

“Heeeelpp!,” the priestess managed to scream, the world around her spinning until everything went black.  Marsuveus quickly rushed forward, shutting the box, stuffing it back into the sack.  In his haste, Marsuvues forgot to reacquire the map he handed Dannae, but nonetheless, he hauled the priestess upright, intending to carry her off before help could arrive. 

Help arrived quickly....Too quickly for Marsuveus plans, as over a dozen of Dannae's friends and nearby citizens arrived, their numbers swelling by the minute.  Marsuveus recognized a few faces in the crowd from his past antics, and knew that he would not be able to escape the city with Dannae successfully.
At that moment, a child named Deedro rushed forward, recognizing both Dannae and Marsuveus, unaware of the present danger.  Marsuveus drew his trademark thin, black falchion, whipping the cold blade around and plunging it into the child's body.

“Back!! All of you! Or I cut her throat!!” he roared at the gathering crowd, now set on edge after seeing the child stabbed.  Marsuveus pressed the blade against Dannae's throat, the black blade already gleaming with blood, as a few members of the crowd began to hesitantly back away. When he saw others staying, particularly Eelin Everheart, Marsuveus tightened his grip and roared again.

“3 Seconds, or she dies!! Back up now!!!”

A few more members of the crowd backed up, urged on by the frantic pleading of Zalya, another priestess.  Eelin and a few more bold members of the crowd stepped forward instead, the metallic sounds of blades being drawn slicing through the growing clamor. Zeusus, Aerthas, Stashka and Esorono drew their own blades, stepping closer to Marsuveus, looking for a way to stop the Ynwnn.

“2!” Marsuvues snarled, drawing a thin trickle of blood from Dannae's neck, the priestess herself still unconscious.   Eelin offered himself as a fair trade for Dannae, fire in his eyes as he saw the tormentor of his guild holding an innocent woman at bladepoint, yet Marsuveus would have none of it.

“1!” Marsuvues roared, as the crowd frantically surged forward, swords raised, trying to reach the twisted Ynwnn before he could do the awful dead.

Marsuveus slashed the falchion across the lower part of Dannae's neck, the black blade drawing a large rush of blood from the Nolthrir's skin as she fell to the ground, her blood rapidly forming a growing pool around her body.  Marsuveus raced off, the crowd momentarily distracted by the fallen elf, allowing him to gain a few yards of distance between them.

“Get him!!” yelled Maisent Magisa, as a large body of the crowd surged after Marsuveus, heading towards the Laanx temple.  Glancing over his shoulder, Marsuveus ran into the well, falling down into the dungeon, the footsteps of his pursuers close behind.  He ducked behind a protrusion in the wall as the sounds of footsteps ceased as the pursuers stopped at the well.

Marsuveus was safe....for now at least....After incurring the wrath of many, Marsuveus retreated back to the Death Realm, lying in wait in the furthest reaches of the dark underworld, waiting to strike again...
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: A Kidnapping Gone Wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:43:41 pm »
err what about dannae? those tards let her die.  :o

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:03:30 pm »
Hey Sarras...  you might ask Dannae in game. There's news...  ;D
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:25:17 am »
Haha, before this happened my alt waas killed  by marsuveus by some stupid potion or something.

Caraick

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 02:59:06 pm »
Haha, before this happened my alt waas killed  by marsuveus by some stupid potion or something.

Lol you were the kran? :D

Hehe yep, Sarras...they did, kinda... :P

Hey Sarras...  you might ask Dannae in game. There's news...  ;D

What's that Roled? :)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:39:29 pm »

Lol you were the kran? :D

Yup :(

Eelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 01:07:59 pm »

Cause Dannae looks absolutely stunning in the dim light of the Death Realm!
Qata says: Eelin, you know not of what you speek

Caraick

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 12:51:12 pm »

Cause Dannae looks absolutely stunning in the dim light of the Death Realm!

LOL

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 02:12:43 am »
Very interesting story, well written, if only a little short. Would be nice to her a bit more about Marsuveus, he seems to be an interesting character. Almost makes me want to get Mrokii kidnapped as well, just to see what happens, heh.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 05:36:59 pm »
If you want to know more about Marsuveus, read the Decadence of Darkness RP stories that Caraick posted.  There's two parts up now.  :love:
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Shangshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 02:09:32 am »
Only really one thing needs saying,  :thumbup: Marsuveus