Author Topic: So...  (Read 1482 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: So...
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »
Welcome back. Roleplay isn't dead, it's weak in some places, has a few flaws at the moment, but a good story is always welcomed :)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »
Hrngh. You have no idea how terribly hard it is to get back into things if every single road/simple texture glitches horrifically for me. Going from Ojaveda to Hydlaa? A nightmare. The entire ground is transparent. I had to have someone come and help me find my way, it was so bad. Apparently due to having an Intel video card, but... really, did this have to be changed since I last played? This is the first time I've had a glitch this terrible.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 01:53:09 pm »
Did you change the graphics settings? That could help as I too have an intel graphics card thingy... ( ;D Laptops are a pip) but my roads are only black not transparent.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 01:57:34 pm »
Well, they'll start off black, but if I move my camera at all, any outer textures (the sky, trees, my own character, chat bubbles) will overlap that black, and... well, "stick" to my screen. Basically, it's transparent. Sometimes I'll even get rainbow colors, but still some patches have that weird texture glitch.

But, yes, I've turned down my graphics settings about as low as they'll go, not helping me, though. ;/

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »
What about adaptive settings for the camera, have you played around with that?

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 02:05:04 pm »
Adaptive distance? Yeah, I've tried rearranging all of that. Not really a camera issue. Here's just a small example of what I see:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7946/shot18t.jpg

Rigwyn

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »
Yep ..  welcome to 0.5x  :love:

Might help to scrap that intel card and replace it with a new Nvidia card.
Last I heard, hw specs were 2ghz processor and 1 gig of ram. I played on a 1.86ghz processor with 1 gig ram but had to make sure that nothing else was open at the same time in order to keep memory use low.

Good luck.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 02:06:59 pm »
welcome back 'n stuff :P

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 02:07:54 pm »
Maybe try deleting the shadercache file and letting your computer rebuild it. Note you are going to get lag/freezes while the file is being recalculated but after it has been rebuilt for an area under the different lighting conditions the lag/freezing should go away.

I'm not sure this will help your specific problem but it seems to be one of the standard things to try these days.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 02:08:20 pm »
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7766/shot19.jpg

Just another screenshot to further show the annoyance of this problem. Next year is when I'll be able to scrap everything, but for now I'm stuck with this POS computer I have now. Plus I wouldn't really want to scrap anything just to play Planeshift due to a glitch that I shouldn't be having (and didn't have) to begin with. :/

Edit: ... Ahahaha. The nogui function didn't even work in this screenshot. I love it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:10:40 pm by Suno_Regin »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 02:09:29 pm »
Your character is having pretty acid trips but I have no idea how to go about fixing those...  :(

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »
Maybe try deleting the shadercache file and letting your computer rebuild it. Note you are going to get lag/freezes while the file is being recalculated but after it has been rebuilt for an area under the different lighting conditions the lag/freezing should go away.

I'm not sure this will help your specific problem but it seems to be one of the standard things to try these days.

Someone suggested that earlier and it didn't work. Spent about an hour just finding the file, too.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 02:12:26 pm »
Illysia he can't the card is just too old and an intel at that, thats how the roads look on my old gefoce 3 ti500
the only way would be to "make" the builders emulate this somehow but i doubt it would work.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »
Hey suno o/
Wibbles :)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 02:34:41 pm »
Big Bad List of Glitches:

Loading even the smallest of maps takes forever unless it's the very first map I load when logging in.

Loading character models/NPC's takes ten minutes. I can see chat bubbles, but I can't see the name label nor the model of the person speaking. Occasionally it only -loads- their name label, and nothing else, or a random piece of armor such as the floating plate torso I saw running around earlier.

The map thing I've already mentioned.

Going down stairs or inclines/declines often makes my character "bounce" in a very choppy way (nothing really new, I suppose)

And something rather annoying, as I mentioned in that screenshot: when using the /tell feature, it keeps it on my screen, meaning if I want to say something in a different tab or take a screenshot, I have to manually delete the /tell person'sname from my insertion point in order to do so.