Author Topic: Destroy all furnaces please.  (Read 1255 times)

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Destroy all furnaces please.
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »
I don't know of anything else in Yliakum that nearly stops RP in its tracks more than that furnace everyone spends all day at. It's very annoying that people "RP" using the furnace all day because it's their job. At the very least add a time limit on it until their character becomes too hot to use the furnace anymore. I want at least SOMEONE in my guild to rp other than me I swear if it wasn't for Leraider I would have left the guild by now because it's just filled with metallurgy power levelers.  :@#\
* Falcon Avian headdesks.

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Destroy all furnaces please.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:41:37 pm »
Aaawsies, Falcon realized the powerleveling problems in the PS society.  :(

A time limit does sound reasonable, actually.

-sig by sarras

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »
I knew about it for a while, I just thought I finally found a member in our guild who isn't a metallurgy power leveler...Then he went to the furnace and started :thumbdown:

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »
Join a guild that isn't filled with furnace power levellers tbh. I can't think of anyone in Kore Irka Clan that power levels at a furnace, some of us train heavily on our fighting statistics, but we're always willing to throw down the weapons for a drink at the tavern or any other casual roleplay.

I don't think it's the furnaces that need demolishing, it's the mindset of your guild tbh.

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:00:56 pm »
No, the furnace needs to be destroyed so I have some klyros to talk to  >:(

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »
Perhaps just having your character "tire out" (unable to craft) after crafting would work. Then maybe eating or doing a "hobby" skill (painting, fishing, etc...) would make that time pass quicker thus encouraging players to broaden out in their activities. But I can't imagine why you'd powerlevel Metallurgy as there isn't a wide variety of things you can do with stocks and you can't max it as you would probably still need platinum at higher levels.

Shame to need mechanics to prod RP but at least on the RP server, something should be done so that people can't get settled in the notion that RP isn't expected. That's the whole purpose of EZPC. That's the place where RP is optional. Even if players have to grow into RPing that is what should be expected on Skylab.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:21:30 pm »
True, working at the furnace should drain stamina or mental stamina. Like mining or any other activity in PS.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:19:48 am »
True, working at the furnace should drain stamina or mental stamina. Like mining or any other activity in PS.

It does, aalthough it goes back up pretty fast, just by sitting down, i would think you would need like some food at least, or a littlle bit of rest, before going back to working.

I don't think furnaces should be destroyed, but there SHOULD be a limit to what a person can work in 1 day. That, or maybe you could TRY talking to your klyros friends and talk them into RPing, while PLing. I have maintained a balance between PLing and RPing, so others should be ablle to aswell. That or ask Leraider to change some of the guild rules, so the guild isn't just a , what do you call it? anyways, a guild that takes in any klyros just to make their numbers grow, that isn't a guild, i think that would be more of a group. Maybe, also go a little harsh, that if they dont RP they would be kicked out?  ;D

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 12:25:55 am »
Yeah, tbh, changing the furnace rules just means they'll PL at something else.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 12:32:33 am »
Sure, but then you change that too and you let the players find the nice little exploits so you can plug the holes you didn't foresee. Yes, it's a time consuming and circular task but many internet based venues that allow person to person interaction get bogged down in this. I blame the internet for somehow mutating perfectly reasonable people into time consuming and circular task generators.

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 12:41:23 am »
I've got a better idea: to promote RP, destroy guilds.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 12:56:59 am »
Someone finally brought up kicking Klyros Junction off the RP server. I knew that was coming ever since they activated the guild listing.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 01:16:02 am »
Each time I look into a Klyros face I wonder if I should ask: "Why So Serious?!" ... ;) - But that's mainly an art issue. Boeven prooved that Klyros are indeed able to smile (in his signature). ;)

From my experiences in the "Way of the Hammer", there are only few who would keep digging, smelting and hammering if there is anything close which smells like an hour of fun. Might be the mentality of the players chosing character races according to their playing preferences, that Klyros characters are played by powerlevelers?! ... Ah, how could I say that. Doctor Lesiros Forita is not busy all day long either.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 02:04:12 am »
Still klyros and furnaces don't mix. Klyros are a cold blooded race and if they stand next to something that can melt gold all day it would cause bad problems to them.

Irgendwer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 12:55:34 pm »
Thumbs up! Fully support this. Wreck all the furnaces at once! And while you are at it, please destroy all taverns as well. I don't know of anything else in Yliakum that nearly stops RP in its tracks more than that people gather at taverns to live their social life all day. Or maybe just implement a limit on how many beverages a single player may order from Allelia per day.

Seriously. Do you roleplayers actually think first before claiming that feature X will/would/does harm/benefit RP(tm)? Sure, let's take furnaces away and while we are at it, also monsters and heck, best quests, too.  Once there is nothing else to do in the game, people will surely start roleplaying (whatever that actually means) out of pure boredom. Thumbs up. Oh and maybe we could even limit the world to just the tavern, so people don't miss any of the excitement that comes from exploring all the different ways in which carousing can be roleplayed.

PS: No, I'm not a crafter. The idea alone of having to craft is almost obnoxious to me.