Author Topic: laanx,talad,xiosia,dakkru,black flame glyphs  (Read 625 times)

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
laanx,talad,xiosia,dakkru,black flame glyphs
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:26 am »
The power of the god in glyphs. A glyph for talad, laanx etc.

These glyphs can't be purified by yourself. You get the glyph of the main leader of the religion.

[edit: removed the npc names as spoilers. - Eliseth]

[removed] --- Laanx glyph
[removed] --- Xiosia glyph
[removed] --- Dakkru glyph
[removed] --- Black Flame glyph
[removed] --- Talad glyph

To obtain the glyph you need to do a certain number of quests and have a certain height of faction and how "friendly" you are with the enemies of the faction.

To purify the glyph you have to go to the archmaster of the glyphs way

Laanx --- crystal
Xiosia --- brown
Dakkru --- dark
Black Flame --- azure
Talad --- red

The glyphs use all the mana and can only be combined with the glyphs in it's own way and with the glyph summon

comments?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:06:55 am by Eliseth »

Rigwyn

Re: laanx,talad,xiosia,dakkru,black flame glyphs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:41:45 pm »

Oooh..

Proposed Black Flame Glyph Spells:   ;D  ( Joking )

Realm 1: Wicked Fire                    ( Blasts target with black flames revealing your identity as a cultist. True followers will not use this )
Realm 2: Burst of Black Beads     ( Fires fist full of black glass beads at the target; 5% chance embedding in face and producing nasty infections )
Realm 3: Noxious Sewer Gas     ( Chokes the target for 10 seconds; Target turns green and is stunned for 1 minute with 10% chance of puking )
Realm 4: Soil Your Shorts            ( Scares the bejesus out of the target causing them to soil their pants. Target suffers  -25% agi  for 1 minute if successful )
Realm 5: Flying Terds                   ( Hurls a mass of large wet stools at target airbender-style. Produces more insult than injury but is worth the laughter )

Irgendwer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:42:42 pm »
Whats the point of adding glyphs without adding spells? What's the benefit of faith bound spells?

(Please don't tell me, that this will in any way boost roleplay. It won't. It just limits your abilities. The fact that I can cast "Talad rocks" instead of "Xiosa's magical watersports" does not mean that I - or any number of players for that matter - will suddenly start behaving like Talad was the best thing after the invention of sliced bread).

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:01:47 pm »
And i'm not supposed to exactly spell out the spells ( i couldn't find any other way of saying it) that is apparently not appreciated. But these glyphs are what diamond encrusted blades are for the sword users.

Summoning the power of the gods:

laanx The crystal's light will be focused at the opponent halfing it's hp till it has only 1 hp left
Talad the power off all glyphs will be doubled by every attack till the enemy is dead.
Xiosia angry creatures become peacefull and travel from the opening of places is possible
Black flame the creatures become possesed still attacking you but also eachother
Dakkru Dakkru's curse is used on the enemy and you gain every hp it loses ( not the one from the curse but the ones it loses through your attacking)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:04:55 pm by Aincer »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:54 pm »
I can kinda see this happening, but might be a bit more epic than necessary for the game right now.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 02:43:44 pm »

Oooh..

Proposed Black Flame Glyph Spells:   ;D  ( Joking )

Realm 1: Wicked Fire                    ( Blasts target with black flames revealing your identity as a cultist. True followers will not use this )
Realm 2: Burst of Black Beads     ( Fires fist full of black glass beads at the target; 5% chance embedding in face and producing nasty infections )
Realm 3: Noxious Sewer Gas     ( Chokes the target for 10 seconds; Target turns green and is stunned for 1 minute with 10% chance of puking )
Realm 4: Soil Your Shorts            ( Scares the bejesus out of the target causing them to soil their pants. Target suffers  -25% agi  for 1 minute if successful )
Realm 5: Flying Terds                   ( Hurls a mass of large wet stools at target airbender-style. Produces more insult than injury but is worth the laughter )

lol I've been inspired to do another parody.

Proposed Xiosia Glyph Spells:  (These are jokes as well)

Realm 1: Seeds of life    (Puts seeds in the wounds to heal them, and grow a beautiful flower on your skin.)

Realm 2: Vine whip        (Summons vines out of the ground and whips your enemy. No, I didn't steal it from pokemon  :whistling:)

Realm 3: Charm             (Use the power of Xiosia to charm your enemies and those around you)

Realm 4: Miracle grow     (Throws a good amount of magical water at your enemies feet. It then automatically turns that person into a tree, and you make furniture out of him/her/kra.)

Realm 5: Oralon's vicious flower that spews out automatic knock-out gas!    (Because it's that powerful.) [That personal attack wasn't aimed towards you Falcon, because you used it tastefully, it was aimed towards somebody else]

-sig by sarras

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 02:24:22 am »
and there should be a blue way god - the blue drop?

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:25 am »
Just stay away from anything called "Xiosa's magical watersports" and we should be okay. I don't even want to guess...

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 08:17:24 am »
your right i can't even imagine what it is. (mainly because i'm dutch and don'tknow what the word watersport means)

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:01 pm »
Alright these are my spells:

Spell - Glyph

Dakkru Sexy Lash - Sexy Whip of Dakkru

Xiosia Generic Nature Spell - Handful of Grass

Magical Exploding Device - Lilura's Head

Stinky Fart - Ass

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 09:10:14 am »
The idea isn't terrible. The gods may one day decide to create glyphs for their followers. It depends on the way the settings progresses. The gods however are not necessarily linked to specific ways of magic.

Oh and no spoilers!