Author Topic: second or sub guilds  (Read 655 times)

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Arch Chancellor of the Knowledge Seekers
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
second or sub guilds
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:09:18 pm »
To make the guild structure more realistic and flexible, I would like to see characters join more than one guild at a time. this should enable better development of characters from a RP point of view. some examples below.

(a) Main guild of Explorers, so character as a passion for the land its flaura and fauna. Second guild Knowledge Seekers \\o//, character teaches their passion to eager students
(b) Main guild Way of the Hammer, showing loyalty to his dwarven brothers. Second guild the Outlaws character has a darker side

Above is 2 quick examples but this opens up many more possibiities.
Shindroks Crater Project Wiki
Interested contact Myself or Zunna.
We are contactable ingame, by PM or on Discord

Lollo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: second or sub guilds
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 04:36:44 pm »
I like this idea

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 03:38:08 am »
My questions are: What do you need from the side of mechanics to associate your character with several institutions? Being member of one single guild does not have to restrict your character development and contacts to other guilds. What specific mechanics would you like to see from a system that supports several guild memberships per character? How do you want this to look in detail?

Elly-b

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 06:57:40 am »
I must say your second example is not the best and quite improbable as we as a guild don't support that kind of chars... looks like you haven't  done your homework well

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:43:21 am »
I could understand to where a character that is in the Explorers might also want to be in another guild at the same time. Perhaps he wants to be in Sons of Xiosia because he wants to be more in touch with his goddess. The concept makes sense. I think if it were to be implemented, that a character shouldn't have as many rights or say in the things that happen in the second guild as he would in his main guild. The idea definitely deserves the eyes and ears of the many players who play a friendly character in game who would do well in two guilds. There is also the matter of "should the guild that you belong to appear over your characters head if he is in two?" Perhaps this might be a reason for the guild names not to appear along with a characters name.

-sig by sarras

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:12:28 am »
You could make a distinction between a guild and another type of association.  You would have a guild that would function as they do now, and the other group(s) might just show up in your character description somewhere.  You could have /association commands to chat with each other, /who association searches for online players, etc.  The Crystal Custos would be an example of a seconday association.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 06:16:32 pm »
This is a very good idea I think. Many might wish to associate themselves with the trade of their heritage, say the House Cheshire, and their 'calling'- Rangers or Explorers, say, and their religion, and perhaps their avocation, the new Medical Association that Cenweard is starting...
In my case, Roled is very honored and proud to belong to the Knowledge Seekers Guild. AND he also is a devotee of Xiosia and has the title Carrier of the Song in the Sons of Xiosia. AND he has joined with other crystal magicians of higher skill in a loose alliance known as the Crystal Custos.  RR used to be simply Wayfarer and mostly carried around apples...

Now I know there are secret guilds and associations, so perhaps somehow might the player be able to turn kra/her/his titles off when it's warranted?

GOOD IDEA Sir Tua and all!
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Lollo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:21:25 pm »
i agree roled.  And I didnt know about the SoX but now i want to join being a devoted follower and all

Xoel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 05:12:28 pm »
I can see benefits and shortcomings to this idea.

Tirion

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »
I like this idea and the benefits
Quote from: bloodedIrishman
Have some hope for the human race. We might be misery incarnate but with a little goodwill and some understanding we tend to shine now and again.