Author Topic: Look at me I am Drunk  (Read 1227 times)

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Look at me I am Drunk
« on: May 16, 2003, 04:34:32 pm »
Seeing there are mugs of beer in the game I think if you drink to many you should get drunk your vision could kinda warp and look wierd and your character would start swaying drunkenly and when you walk your character stumbles around and everyone could see it

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 05:34:42 pm »
Not only that (but if you\'ve played \"Redneck Rampage\") being drunk would also swap your keys. So you try to go forward and you strafe left. Stuff like that.
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 05:37:06 pm »
I think if you were drunk it should affect your fighting so your accuracy goes down but when your drunk you can also get agitated so your attack tempo goes up I think.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 07:39:36 pm »
And it would also lower the hurt of somebody else\'s hit.

Avast.

PartyBoy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 11:19:29 pm »
lol all cool ideas
ok so you dont get hurt
but you cant hit shit
you cant walk straight or see properly

sound like a normall weekend out :D

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 11:45:26 pm »
You\'d still get hurt, but the alchohol slows your system down, so the wounds would bleed slower.

Avast.

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 12:06:12 am »
just another idea for drunkness that when you type messages your words are scrambled a tiny bit not so much that you can\'t here them but so it gives the the people reading the impression hes drunk eg

You want to fight me = ya wanna ......... fights me\'s

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 01:51:56 am »
And then you get to bore everyone in shouts and OOC by shouting \"LUK ART MUH EM DRUKK!\"

As a result the rest of us shut shouts and ooc off because you\'re annoying.

Games have had this feature and it honestly added nothing to the game.  What is the point of being drunk?  Supposedly it gave you strength modifiers, but it also lowered your wisdom, so in theory it was really good in a fight.  In reality, it just annoyed people.

Axioma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2003, 02:11:23 am »
Maybe that\'s true yes. But i still think, as Planeshift tries to create a world that is very realistic, it could add to realism, no ? However, than we should come up with a decent plan:
:: What alcohol actually does to you (how it affects your abilities, and how much)
:: How long being drunk lasts
:: How it affects your movements
:: How we could make this system less annoying for other people (IF that is possible at all, i don\'t know, i\'ve never played a game where you could get drunk ^_^)

We should be quite specific on this, so that after a while we have a nicely worked out idea of what being drunk will be lke in PS.

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2003, 03:15:48 am »
Yes, well rape is realistic.  Going to the loo is realistic.  Vomiting after getting drunk is realistic, but do we really NEED it in a game?  Does it actually add anything?

From what I\'ve seen of getting drunk in games, it doesn\'t do much but get on people\'s nerves and result in folks having to leave their characters logged in for a bit until they sober up.  You can\'t fight while drunk, because you can\'t move and can\'t see.  You could build up your alcohol tolerance, but again, there wasn\'t really much point because there was a fine line between being drunk enough to fight and being too plastered to do anything, and that is NOT the sort of thing to experiment with while camping a mob.

I\'ve seen it done and quite honestly just found it to be \"fluff\".  It\'s cool for about ten minutes when you shout like every person before you \"OOoooo IMR DRUKK\"  But then you learn to immediately put a person on ignore after that... :P

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 05:44:26 am »
characters like Mehallie said could biuld up tolerance which would allow them to gain from a magically enhanced alcahol doing more good then bad.

A NPC may not reveal a some infomation because he is stubborn but take him for a drink get him drunk and he will be more then happy to tell you what you want see getting drunk or other people drunk isn\'t that bad.

another thing would be a drinking contest if your character has biult up a good tolerance for a bit of fun in the bar or to win money you could verse players or NPC\'s

(Mehallie no offensive or nothing but when people come up with ideas in the wishlist section you do nothing but tell us our ideas are a load of rubbish if you were on the dev team and you were the one that checked this section I honstly think no ideas would go through except for one or two.
Your always looking on the bad side maybe instead on telling us all the bad points of our ideas you can instead tell us how to improve them. :D )

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 06:22:49 am »
No offence, but I\'ve seen this done and it WAS rubbish.  A good portion of ideas that I\'ve seen brought up are things that have been done in other games that haven\'t worked.  Maybe this should be taken into account not as naysaying but as the simple fact that it has been done and it hasn\'t worked.  As the developers have already said, there\'s maybe only a few ideas on the wishlist worth doing - the rest aren\'t worth their time.

So I guess I\'ll do what they do from now on - ignore silly ideas and only concentrate on ones that are worth some input :D

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2003, 06:35:58 am »
well I like this idea and I think it could be done right and serve some puposes Eg getting NPCs drunk to get info of them + having drinking contests to both win money and just have fun

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 07:33:48 am »
What is the point in playing dwarf if you can\'t become drunk? :D

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Yann

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2003, 01:36:52 pm »
Originally posted by kyp14
Eg getting NPCs drunk to get info of them

Lol i like this idea a lot, and i wish the devs could implement that... Would be really funny  :D

Btw i also like the \"strafe\" idea, bugging your direction commands.

Planeshift : \"A Tavern is not enough...\"