Author Topic: Weapon Wielding Suggestions  (Read 389 times)

BlueFrame

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Weapon Wielding Suggestions
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:52:25 pm »
The player should be allowed to select which way they want their characters to hold their weapons, like if they want it up right or reversed. This will allow variety in which characters can design their avatar based on the job they wish their character to have. (aka. assassins might choose to hold their daggers backwards or both ways, while a warrior might want to hold their sword upright)

Would anyone else like this?

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Wielding Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:18:00 am »
You can roleplay it.

Uh-oh...the r word!

-sig by sarras

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:22:05 am »
Yeah your description could cover that until the devs have time to get to it. My guess is that it would take some programming thought; as slashing with a sabre would not have the same affected when holding it downward like a dagger for example.

- Nova

[Edit - Thinking further on this subject; rogues and cutthroats hold their daggers like that if memory serves; so perhaps there has already been some special thought put into dagger use. ]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:25:50 am by novacadian »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:20:29 pm »
Yeah your description could cover that until the devs have time to get to it. My guess is that it would take some programming thought; as slashing with a sabre would not have the same affected when holding it downward like a dagger for example.
true, if you were holding a sabre or longsword backwards, [blade pointing behind you] then it wouldnt be as easy to hit somthing in front of you, but a lot  easier to stab somthing behind you..
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?