Author Topic: Carts for Merchants  (Read 469 times)

tallsmartman

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Carts for Merchants
« on: May 17, 2003, 11:40:09 pm »
I think that it would be cool if merchants were able to own and move around in carts. Then users could walk up to it and look around and see what they wanted.

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 11:47:22 pm »
I like that, I\'d also like say, enchanted carts, that were petal pushed or something. So say your a guild merchant, you and your fellow mechants can pull your wares in a cart that allows you to carry much much more, and its more avaliable to people away from towns.
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 12:11:50 am »
cool idea,it can be like a mobile shop or if you wanna push that meaning to the extreme a caravan.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 05:11:23 am »
all these (cart, enchanted cart, mobile store) ideas are great!!! ...i\'m 100% for it!!!
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

killercow

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 07:58:10 am »
I reckon you would have to buy it first though. You would obtain one from a woodworker and he would sell it to you. You could then buy additions for it such as the pedals explorer was talking about and soon you could have a mobile store full of objets for sale. And the merchant could go from town to town buying items and then selling them. He could add a horse to his cart in order to travel the lang distances (needing to purchase a horse from the stables and then a harness from the woodworker and the leathersmith).
Yeah ireckon this idea could be a fun addition to the world :) Now when your logged off where would the cart go? Yould it just \'close\' and remain locked until you returned and it would be open for service? Would you maybe need to purchase somewhere to lock your cart away for the hours your gone (yet another business oppurtunity). Well im up for this one  :D  Great idea!
A Killer Cow will always beat the Clever Cat.

beza1e1

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 08:11:24 am »
Hm this way we could loot a whole dungeon with one journey :)
thanks for reading
 -- beza1e1

killercow

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 02:41:35 pm »
Of course! Shouldn\'t any character who can afford it be able to buy a horse and caravan to take take him on his journeys. This would allow him to store a lot more stuff and give him a sense of power as he strode past the poor people who have to walk.  :]
A Killer Cow will always beat the Clever Cat.

tallsmartman

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 03:22:13 pm »
Im glad you guys like the Idea...

I think there she be different cart sizes, and you could only get the really big ones if you had a horse, otherwise you couldn\'t move it.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:47 pm »
Of course you\'d have to buy a cart. A Cart I think should be expensive because I mean its like a vehicle. And ya if you get a Cart so big, then you\'ll need a animal to pull it for you.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

beza1e1

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2003, 05:10:13 am »
What about flying carts? There are flying animals ;)
thanks for reading
 -- beza1e1

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2003, 05:26:09 am »
Originally posted by beza1e1
What about flying carts? There are flying animals ;)

afaik (read the story ono planeshift.it) the bat-like creatures will be used to carry (not too delicate) stuff
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

Havena

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 12:00:18 pm »
If there were to be magical carts that will follow around your character and carry loads of stuff, even around the dungeons, they would have to be nerfers somehow too.

Otherwise everyone will consider a cart a necessity and  the world will be full of players lvl5+ walking around with a cart close behind  8o  hehehe.

Perhaps they could slow your path, or require some kind of maintenance. Something which makes them only worthwhile if you are truly living the merchant\'s life and taking full advantage of them.
\"At your service.\"

PartyBoy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 01:21:37 pm »
how about doing what Nwn did and have a donkey follow you arround and the donkey would have health to so youd have to watch out for him if hes being attacked,