Author Topic: Faction and NPC on-sight chat  (Read 272 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Faction and NPC on-sight chat
« on: August 20, 2010, 07:12:57 pm »
I think something that would add some depth to PlaneShift would be having the NPCs that belong to certain factions change their on-sight chat (I call on-sight chat to the text some NPCs say when characters get near, like the guard near Kada-el's) depending on the relation the character has with that faction.

They might be polite, quiet, insulting, whatever. This would give factions both visibility and roleplay-utility.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Faction and NPC on-sight chat
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:54:53 pm »
Yes.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:02:00 pm »
Also, this NPC on-sight chat should be public (like the main chat) or my proposition kinda loses its purpose. (I think it currently just appears on the NPC chat.) Not totally required, but it'd also be less annoying if they just spoke the deal once every log-in and not every time they see a dude.

Thanks for agreeing, mate. :)
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:19:58 pm »
I think it's already coded, just not applied. The NPC chat from the guard at the gate when you enter changes depending if you have a weapon applied or not. As far as faction-based on-sight chat goes, I think it's already there cannot say for sure.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »
Nice. Thought it's a shame I wasted my perfect English.

Join the Dark Empire!