Author Topic: model offset switches for the /sit command  (Read 219 times)

mikeloeven

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
model offset switches for the /sit command
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:50 am »
what i am looking for is a set of switches that can be added to the /sit command to offset the character model from the actual player agent.

the format can be somthing like sit X\Y where X is +/- units up and down and y is rotation in degrees. since the chairs ingame have no usable script for properly aligning a sitting character it would enhance realism and role play to allow a player to manually set the coordinants.

or you can utalize the system used to position dropped items

/sit manpos (manual position)
this will trigger a transparant image of your character will appear at the cursor

set XY click
set Z click
set Rotation click

note to avoid abuse the system should move the model of the player while keeping the actual agent in it's origional position so you are not moved to an invalid location when unsiting

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: model offset switches for the /sit command
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:50 am »
If I understand that right, you're asking for a command to shift/rotate your char relatively to their present coordinates.
Finetuning beyond the normal walking keys, so to speak.
I actually like that idea, since especially sitting down precisely is not easy.  :)
But there should be a cap of allowed movement, preventing you from sliding under the floor, up unclimbable houses or
into other normally unreachably places.

(Item drop already allows for finetuning by mouse.)

mikeloeven

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: model offset switches for the /sit command
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:31 pm »
If I understand that right, you're asking for a command to shift/rotate your char relatively to their present coordinates.
Finetuning beyond the normal walking keys, so to speak.
I actually like that idea, since especially sitting down precisely is not easy.  :)
But there should be a cap of allowed movement, preventing you from sliding under the floor, up unclimbable houses or
into other normally unreachably places.

(Item drop already allows for finetuning by mouse.)

i thought of this too so i was thinking is it possible to offset the model of your character while leaving the collision skeleton and hitbox in it's origional position. that way only the sitting animation is shown but you dont actually move