Author Topic: Bad Password?  (Read 1043 times)

paledoor

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Bad Password?
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:20:22 am »
I just downloaded the game, and registered a new account. The game is telling me my login/password are no good. I've quadruple checked everything, and even reset the password. And yes, I'm trying to log in to the correct server. (I tried both, just to be sure)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Password?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:23:36 am »
Just a shot in the dark but would you have had your cap locks on?

- Nova

neko kyouran

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:14:43 am »
Did you register your account through here: http://www.planeshift.it/register.html

or did you register on the forums?

Registering for the forums doesn't automatically register yo for the game servers.  It's a common mistake that people make.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:39:25 am »
Which server did you register for and which server were you trying to log into? You have to register separately for each of the servers.

paledoor

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 10:00:00 am »
I registered a new account for the roleplay server on the planeshift website. The login and password I registered will not work for either server.

I registered on the forums to post asking for help after being unable to log into the game.

Edit: And no, capslock wasn't the issue. I'm an MMO vet, and I checked all of those things before posting here.

Edit2: My password now seems to be working. I'm guessing there was some lag in the website reporting the account registration to the game server or some such.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:02:47 am by paledoor »

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:21:03 pm »
I am having this problem as well. I've checked and double-checked and did all the checking again.

Sometimes I login with my user/password (with Remember my Password checked), then at the character screen, if I click "Log Out" and after that "Log In" (thus not changing any login detail) it gives me the Incorrect User/Password error. Even if I re-type everything again.

If I fail the password check the first time it will always report a bad username/password no matter what username or password combination I put there.
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 03:22:27 am »
Logging out and logging in back is buggy. For many months (years?) already. You really may have to quit the client once you logged in. Or at least try to log in on another server, even if you don't have an account there, just that the login function works again.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:58:27 pm »
Logging out and logging in back is buggy. For many months (years?) already. You really may have to quit the client once you logged in. Or at least try to log in on another server, even if you don't have an account there, just that the login function works again.
Yes, that's what I've been doing. Restarting the client is somewhat bothersome.
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:57 am »
:o -- Lordbug? You are returning?! ... Let's all raise our mugs! \\o//

BTW: Our office is now at http://knowledge-seekers.alphasys.nl

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:02 am »
Create an account on ezpc, log in that server, go back to the main screen and then log in laanx again...this way you don't have to restart the client if running into the login bug.