Author Topic: Help us to find the next PS developers!  (Read 4943 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Help us to find the next PS developers!
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 11:35:05 am »
mmm... out of topic again... anyway... We delete accounts which have not been logged for the last 3 years. We delete the characters and the account. This has been the policy up to now. If we change it, I will let you know. :)

About the active players, Minks reasoning is the correct one, and that's usually how we calculate active players (people logged in at least 1 time in the last week with different IPs). In addition you have to sum up players from zeroping and ezpc. There are players who play few hours a week only, so they don't show up in the raw /who calculation (which is wrong).

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 12:09:22 pm »
mmm... out of topic again... anyway... We delete accounts which have not been logged for the last 3 years. We delete the characters and the account. This has been the policy up to now. If we change it, I will let you know. :)

That has always been my understanding of the policy. Thank you, Talad!

Ingles

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 03:12:05 pm »
   A. You must log in at least once a week or account is deleted.
   B. You must play within a year or account is deleted.

Newsflash, that is completely confusing. You have to log in once a week or once a year or the account is deleted, which is it? Where is this information detailed on the site?

You have quoted this out of context. I was referring to how some other games do it, we do it the way Talad explains.

4. Would you rather this game did the same as many other games;
We would rather keep the accounts so returning people can pick up where they left off, or if they so desire make new characters, this game is as has been said many times, a game in the making, yes it is taking time, Devs move on as RL dictates their availability, so new have to be found, who in their free time can help with making the game.
 So it is a low priority to remove unused accounts, but nothing stopping you asking for your own to be removed, and when time permits it will be.

Pip

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 03:57:20 pm »

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 07:06:32 pm »
Looks very good ! Do you have a layered version of it? (like Photoshop PSD or Gimp file). We may create a new series of flyers and release those in few months for another developers search.

Pip

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 02:28:40 am »
I put it together in InDesign but I can supply pdf of the whole flyer and the background in photoshop.

gitas

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 01:31:13 pm »
Have hanged a flyer for programmers in T-Systems in Kosice, Slovakia

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 06:07:56 pm »
I dont think it looks very good at all, An X that is about 1 by 1 CM doesnt really show anything
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Pip

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 03:47:23 am »
For some reason the link is not working for you. Try this one; click the black image to see it properly:

http://yfrog.com/f/jbplaneshiftartflyerj/

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 04:20:24 am »
that frog site doesnt work for me, period, im good with photobucket, or whatever its called
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2010, 04:38:17 pm »
okay, i ve been lucky enough and out teacher let me make a small presentation of the game in our class... also i ve let the school's manager know of the game, hopefully he will put the poster on the message board or may even present it to the gamer's department although they are making their own game already... i couldn't post it without asking for anyones permission sadly. Hope that brings one or two devs :)

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 05:31:24 pm »
If I had a printer I would spam my school with them.  ;D

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 05:51:23 pm »
I could do some molding. it i could have the meshes of the currant avatars  I could try to reform  them in to other races it should be a hole lot quicker then starting from scratch. the races I count still needing  molding are:

Ylians- Female
Xacha –Female & Male
Nolthrir-Male
Lemurs-Female & Male
Diaboli- Female & Male

I also wonder if thes races still need molding

Stonebraker- Female & Male
Klyros- Female

Let me know what still needs to be molded I am happy to help. Please send me a privet message so I know you replied. 

Sunhear

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 03:03:28 am »
Thank you for your offer.

Get in touch with the developers - usually via IRC. weltall and RlyDontKnow are often present (e.g. in #planeshift-build) and will tell you the matching contact person or IRC channel, or the next steps to go towards getting recruited (apart from the obvious recruitment page on planeshift.it).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 08:06:33 pm »

Newsflash, that is completely confusing. You have to log in once a week or once a year or the account is deleted, which is it? Where is this information detailed on the site?

You have quoted this out of context. I was referring to how some other games do it, we do it the way Talad explains.

4. Would you rather this game did the same as many other games;

C. And you have to pay.

I am currently working on my own flyers it will probably be A4 size. Will be done in PhotoShop when I get it :) hopefully will looks good!

HEY Sunhear, didn't know you are on these Forums, I replied to your PM on KIC's forums, sorry for my in-activeness lately!
I have heard that a certain dwarf is in need of modeling either Hammerwielder or Stonebreaker, and also Saraghi pack of the Enkidukai are in need of modelling, but I don't know when, as I think they are waiting for some new feature in CS.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.