Author Topic: Make Planeshift easier to play?  (Read 6318 times)

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Make Planeshift easier to play?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 07:28:07 pm »
Note  Earowo that standing on the wall, or behind a wall, in the arena to cast magic or ranged weapons at a mob is considered OOC. The arena is suppose to be for warriors to practice their fighting skills. IN other words you need to fight the arena mobs form a position where the Mob can get at you. Now standing on rocks, up up hills to cast magic at mobs is OK since that is hunting in the wilds taking advantage of terrain.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 07:48:01 pm »
Bad use of the words OUT OF CHARACTER, which would dictate that your character would not do that. It may be against arena rules, it may get you tossed out of the arena and is heavily against the rules, but let us not use the wrong word for it.

And so im not completely off topic, I find it just takes lots and lots of time to get PP and tria. Sure the game is extremely stacked against you in almost every way, and is almost actively trying to make sure you never gain a single coin nor level, with a little time and a tiny pinch of magic, you'll get to at least mid level.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 12:45:09 am »
Note  Earowo that standing on the wall, or behind a wall, in the arena to cast magic or ranged weapons at a mob is considered OOC. The arena is suppose to be for warriors to practice their fighting skills. IN other words you need to fight the arena mobs form a position where the Mob can get at you. Now standing on rocks, up up hills to cast magic at mobs is OK since that is hunting in the wilds taking advantage of terrain.
Sarva I already know that, and i have an answer to retaliate.
The NPC's have become smart enough, to where they go 'around' walls, i have already tested it, and monsters will go from one pit to another.
However, if you go on any sort of slope, that is 'just' steep enough, they stop dead in their tracks.
Anyways, with smarter AI, this becomes less ooc to attack from the other side of a wall, so its a shoot, and run kind of thing.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 07:26:45 am »
Sarva I already know that, and i have an answer to retaliate.
The NPC's have become smart enough, to where they go 'around' walls, i have already tested it, and monsters will go from one pit to another.
However, if you go on any sort of slope, that is 'just' steep enough, they stop dead in their tracks.
Anyways, with smarter AI, this becomes less ooc to attack from the other side of a wall, so its a shoot, and run kind of thing.

that actually works? I never could get them to leave the pit :x
but glad to hear! actually I'm working a lot on that one recently and am trying to find a little workaround for the steepness issue (it's not just limited to the arena, especially the sewers are affected as some parts aren't walkable without jumping there)

but: prepare for the day where the NPC will actually walk all the way through the arena to actually get on that wall... (I already got it almost as far - it went from the pit to the upper center of the arena with "suited" parameters *chuckles*)

anyway, you're perfectly right. the better the AI gets, the less GMs will have to deal with such issues as they just won't pop up anymore (even though we're still very far away from NPCs running away if they can't reach you)

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 08:50:48 am »
I have only confirmed it with Tefusangs in the wild, but they are now navigating around objects to get at the attacker.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »
If it will help RlyDontKnow, I've noticed several things about it.
1.) The monsters will go from one pit directly to the one next to it, they will go into the hallways between them.
2.) The will go up and down the stairs near Gregori [i think thats the right npc] In the arena's red room. Instead of jumping off of the ledge.
3.) They wont go upand down the stairs In the hallways, [the ones with expert glads] or the stairs the lead to the upper stands.
4.) I got a report from a Guild member that the ulbernuats at the ruins went 'around' the wall and killed him.
5.) Weather they climb up stairs depends on the angle of the slope [i believe] and they wont jump off ledges anymore.
6.) If you are at a lower Hight then any monster, they will not move, [EX: In the forest, if you are on the pathways, and shoot an arrow, at an arangma, up on the ledges to the side, they will move to the ledge and stop, or not move at all, if you jump, 'somtimes' the walk off the ledge.

Might have repeated somthing, excuse for that.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy

Abuse?

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 08:41:11 pm »

Excuse me, but you guys are going  :offtopic:

Simply put maisent, stop complaining, the devs 'know' that monsters are unbalanced, they are working on it [i assume]
I have 8-9 alts, all of them have not been train much yet, as they were used once or twice, back in 4.03 for one thing or another, however i've been on my alts a lot more recently and training them, one of my alts, started the game with around 40-60 in every stat, and 1 axe, 1 MA
I spent hours killing rats and kikiris, earned bout 2-4k bought strength, and axes from tra*** [spoiler block :)] Eventually i got axe to 12, and strength past 100, im still using the same axes i originally bought, by constantly repairing them, and no, i dont mine, on any of my chars. If you arent lazy you can easily train a character from scratch.
If you 'realy' nead a tip, you can buy a lv of magic, so your lv 1 or somthing, and by around 20 mana pots for mabey 3-4k then if you shoot at a dla** [spoiler :)] you can get around 2k or so pp anyone who just starts the game can do it, so its not cheating :P

you spent hours just getting 4k, and how did you get PP? you 'eventually' got to an axe level of 12 but you didn't say how long. It's not being lazy because I don't think anyone who just started in game would want to spend hours looting a bunch of chickens and getting 1 PP per kill. You have had experience with the game already, you know where to buy mana, you know how to kill dlayo's and you know where to get magic. A noob I once met said that she was stuck for over an hour looking for the city of hydlaa. Just looking for the city. Now imagine how long it would take them to find their swords training or w.e Also hwo long it would take them to realize that 4k per hours is nothing. You can bearly buy anything with that kind of money.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 12:47:09 am »
Really Earowo it's obvious the devs cant be bothered balancing the mobs because to them it takes a few months, they would much rather implement new things to cover their tracks, ask Talad if a re-balance is coming in 0.6 I doubt it very much. Maisent isn't being lazy he just doesn't want to spend some hours that he could use productively on something else because he's just got much better things to do, obviously unlike you Earowo.

This seems to be a thread a lot like this one I started in Complaints Department. http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=37650.0

Really I shouldn't have to use my funds from Vakachehk (main character) to fund another newer character of mine. So really it needs to be easier for lower levelled players not higher levelled players. The higher levelled players need to be able to kill a Tefusang or Ulbernaut easier than it is now, then people won't be using magic on walls or whatever in the arena, Sarva.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 01:48:50 am »
Vakachek, simply put, your being a dumbass.

Maisent, to answer your question. to get to 12 axe, took llittle more then a day at most, [being 3 hours or so]
Yes as an older character, I am one who knows how to get PP as a newb, but im also one, who would help a new player 'get' that pp, for no charge, as unlike most people im generous I also tend to give out money, armor, and weapons, do i ask anything in return? not really.
No, getting PP from kikiris is not that hard, In oja, there are usually flocks of 8 or so kikiris, in each spot, yes you get 1 pp from them, but they are easier to kill then rats and supply more money, being that, you can kill one with a 50Q axe, in a simple 3-4 hits, the first few lv's of axe only cost 300-400 tria each, kikiri loot is worth 60 tria, when it comes down to it, getting loot from every kikiri, pays for axe decently, however at lv 12 axe, its costing me around 1.5k tria. so it is still inexpensive, however training stats and weapon and armor at the same time makes it take longer.
There is the fact that weapons wear out, and you have to repair clubs before you can repair anything [what happened to ebing able to do daggers?] but kits are only 100 tria, and my alts has the exact same axes as he started with 36/36Q and i can kill arangmas.
Unlike me, an all-out Non-miner, most people who start this game, are willing, and expecting, to be able to mine.

Abuse?

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 02:41:18 am »
Some Mobs were just adjusted downward in strength a couple of days ago. Trepors and Tefs are much easier now.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 06:07:21 am »

lol other way around.

That is good Sarva didn't actually realise that, but I think it takes more than just strength.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »

Maisent, to answer your question. to get to 12 axe, took llittle more then a day at most, [being 3 hours or so]
Yes as an older character, I am one who knows how to get PP as a newb, but im also one, who would help a new player 'get' that pp, for no charge, as unlike most people im generous I also tend to give out money, armor, and weapons, do i ask anything in return? not really.
No, getting PP from kikiris is not that hard, In oja, there are usually flocks of 8 or so kikiris, in each spot, yes you get 1 pp from them, but they are easier to kill then rats and supply more money, being that, you can kill one with a 50Q axe, in a simple 3-4 hits, the first few lv's of axe only cost 300-400 tria each, kikiri loot is worth 60 tria, when it comes down to it, getting loot from every kikiri, pays for axe decently, however at lv 12 axe, its costing me around 1.5k tria. so it is still inexpensive, however training stats and weapon and armor at the same time makes it take longer.
There is the fact that weapons wear out, and you have to repair clubs before you can repair anything [what happened to ebing able to do daggers?] but kits are only 100 tria, and my alts has the exact same axes as he started with 36/36Q and i can kill arangmas.
Unlike me, an all-out Non-miner, most people who start this game, are willing, and expecting, to be able to mine.

First off, if you are implying that I am not generous then you are a dumbass......I give away a lot of money to many newbs, I help them get PP and if i had your kind of money [you said 2 m] I would probably give away 50k each day....I have around 100k right now and im still giving away 10k per day.

Second, stop saying 'simply put' because its just dumb. Stop calling people names.

Third, Getting PP's IS hard tog et. there are 8 and you get like 8 PP per what? 10 minutes? + As I said I am not talking about repairing or training. What I am talking about is that as a noob, It is hard to play the game. RIGHT when you start it is the most difficult, I'm saying that couldn't the devs make it so that when you start the game it is a bit easier, then later on it get's tougher as they are more used to the game.

Also earowo, Don't call vakachehk a dumbass just because you can't respond to what he said.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:23:39 pm by Maisent »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 10:13:59 pm »
Thinking about most of this, what i think is funny, is that only people who have played for a while, half a year, or longer mabey, are the ones complaining about training their newb alts, while the new players who start the game, dont complain about anything other then crashes, lag, and things not implemented, and those are the things that are being worked on, sure a dev 'could' change the mobs stats/skills, pretty quikly, but there is preplanning, to it, to see what is reasonable, plus most of them have jobs and a family And with 6.0 coming out soon, or 5.5 whichever they wanna call it, im sure they would much rather meet the demands of new players, and implement skills, and places, rather then deal with monsters, which you dont seem to understand, are not in 'that' bad of shape.

SIMPLY PUT More skills, places, mobs, characters, lesslag, ect = more new players, who will most likely stay, if that means one or two people quit, so be it, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Abuse?

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:04 pm »
( :offtopic: )

What doesnt kill you, DIES HORRIBLY!  :devil:

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 12:03:05 am »
No Earowo what you don't get is that the Newbes go "Well lag will get fixed soon and other things will get implemented soon too, so I'll complain about that" But the other people who hate the longness of trying to get PP just pack up and leave. So really you just dug a massive hole because you said more noobs into PS well more noobs will come if being a noob is easier to train higher.

In most normal and well successful games and I doubt PS will have a future if they don't do what these other games do, is that being a noob is easy but then it gets harder to level up as you go higher in the levels... right?

That's just it who wants Pottery, Masonry, Glass Blowing, etc when they need to fix the problems now and move on once they are read to move on, not implement all this crap and find out they need to do all this re-balancing. While everyone leaves because they have better things to do, than spend a lifetime on PS everyday.