Author Topic: Make Planeshift easier to play?  (Read 6303 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Make Planeshift easier to play?
« on: December 09, 2010, 11:00:19 pm »
Planeshift is getting really hard to play. I have a powerful character and I can kill almost anything, but when i start a new character this is what happens:

I start off with 10k from my main account. I go and buy a rockpick and start digging. I dig and dig and bearly get any ores at all. I sell it to anyone who wants it. I transfer a pair of Q 200 swords to my weaker alt and try killing some monsters. I can kill rats, kikiri's and little arangmas, but i only get 1 PP from them. So now i start with rogues.... It hit me even though i have leather on. I couldn't even hurt it.

Can we make it so that it is a lot easier to get PP and also money? If it had not been from that 10k and swords I wouldn't even be able to kill rats. Also without PP how am I supposed to level up my skill? And if i can't level up my skill then how am I supposed to take down bigger monsters for more PP? How am I supposed to make money? I get 1k from the tutuorial, i spend that on a pic axe. Now i've been playing for a while but if i were a noob ii dont think I will be able to know whre the heck the mines are. And mining is the only income for noobs because as I said, they can only kill little critters who's parts are worth about 10 trias.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Make Planeshift easier to play?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 11:06:29 pm »

My first character was created last June. She is now looking for winch access to continue with most of her training. She has never had a pick axe wielded in her hands ever. Not sure what you are doing wrong dude.

- Nova

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:18:40 pm »

My first character was created last June. She is now looking for winch access to continue with most of her training. She has never had a pick axe wielded in her hands ever. Not sure what you are doing wrong dude.

- Nova

Perhaps you have done a lot of quests, but quests take a long time to finish and needs travel aswell...At least for the good payed once. If a noob was to do a quest that needed traveling from Oja to Hydlaa for example, how would he/she/kra know where to go? And gossip is already a spoiler-free chat, Oja doesn't have many players. Also not everyone has a hours of playing time to play. I think maybe that's why noobs are quitting nowadays because it takes too long to train and get money.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:03:00 am »
you skipped a lot of mobs in between rats and rogues that give good Pps and drop at a pretty good rate. you should try clackers,  diseased rats jade clackers, coamtis the various forms of Arangmas work on up to wrathrats all before taking on a rogue.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:37:16 am »
Perhaps you have done a lot of quests....

Nope. A couple of Talad Quests were required when she joined the BoT and then not another until winch access was required; and that has been in the last couple of weeks. So it is definitely not the quests.

One approach was to hunt mobs on the edge of her ability instead of, mindlessly, killing rats in one or two swings.

- Nova

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 12:55:15 am »
you skipped a lot of mobs in between rats and rogues that give good Pps and drop at a pretty good rate. you should try clackers,  diseased rats jade clackers, coamtis the various forms of Arangmas work on up to wrathrats all before taking on a rogue.

Yes but would they drop as much PPs as rats? like 1 PP each? And if I were a newbie how would i know where those creatures live? I realize that the game is all about realism and that IRL when you are born you should't be able to know exactly where everything is, but nowadays It's just really hard to get money/PP from mobs if you are a noob. I'm just asking a small upgrade to loots and how much they cost, and rats to give higher PP than 1.
Nope. A couple of Talad Quests were required when she joined the BoT and then not another until winch access was required; and that has been in the last couple of weeks. So it is definitely not the quests.

One approach was to hunt mobs on the edge of her ability instead of, mindlessly, killing rats in one or two swings.

- Nova

What do you mean by hunt mobs instead of mindlessly killing rats in one or two swings?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:02:01 am by Maisent »

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 01:10:32 am »
some of the mobs I mentioned will have more pps. The PPs you get will depend on how strong you are vs the mob. so if you are weaker the same mob will yield more pps and it will after you have trained up some of your stats. So my advice is work on your weapon skills first and armor skills and hold off on upping your physical stats so that mobs will yield more PPs.

As for finding the other mobs most of them can be found in the arena or in the sewers.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 03:39:55 am »
just burn guile to death

duh

Snowfaerie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Siloria
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 04:38:59 am »
Hmm... well, I'm pretty much a newbie (account created last weekend), although I did have an account a few years ago, but I never played it much, as I really didn't get hang of it. But now that I returned... it took me some hours to find the route to Ojaveda (which includes a glitch at the portal near river). I learned some mining to do the quest for the magician, and there the only problem was that the trainer I had to go to was in Ojaveda (found this out by asking), and not in Hydlaa, where my character started. The locations of sewers and Laanx dungeon I somewhat remembered, but I still get lost there (especially the sewers).

Training was a bit slow at first with rats (which can, at least in the tutorial, be killed even with bare hands, albeit that it takes a while), but I got a pleasant suprise when I attacked a Frost Arangma in the dungeon and was able to kill it with magic (and get 10 PP for it). Then again, I would never have been able to kill it with weapons, but... *shrugs* dunno. You also get a free pickaxe from the tutorial... why buy one?

All in all, I don't really know the point of this answer. To serve as newbies point of view, perhaps? I don't really think it's that difficult to start as a newbie, but it certainly asks for patience. :)
When I am older, I shall wear midnight. But not today.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 12:46:35 pm »
some of the mobs I mentioned will have more pps. The PPs you get will depend on how strong you are vs the mob. so if you are weaker the same mob will yield more pps and it will after you have trained up some of your stats. So my advice is work on your weapon skills first and armor skills and hold off on upping your physical stats so that mobs will yield more PPs.

As for finding the other mobs most of them can be found in the arena or in the sewers.

I have been working on weapon skills first, and i stopped at lvl 5 daggers because i had no PPs, i went looking everywhere in Ojaveda for new monsters, all I could find were the ones giving 1 PP. Ojaveda is where my traininer is at and that's why I'm there. I would go to Hydlaa to trian, but the flight there is really expensive and if I walk i might get lost in the wilds

just burn guile to death

duh

I do not have magic.

Hmm... well, I'm pretty much a newbie (account created last weekend), although I did have an account a few years ago, but I never played it much, as I really didn't get hang of it. But now that I returned... it took me some hours to find the route to Ojaveda (which includes a glitch at the portal near river). I learned some mining to do the quest for the magician, and there the only problem was that the trainer I had to go to was in Ojaveda (found this out by asking), and not in Hydlaa, where my character started. The locations of sewers and Laanx dungeon I somewhat remembered, but I still get lost there (especially the sewers).

Training was a bit slow at first with rats (which can, at least in the tutorial, be killed even with bare hands, albeit that it takes a while), but I got a pleasant suprise when I attacked a Frost Arangma in the dungeon and was able to kill it with magic (and get 10 PP for it). Then again, I would never have been able to kill it with weapons, but... *shrugs* dunno. You also get a free pickaxe from the tutorial... why buy one?

All in all, I don't really know the point of this answer. To serve as newbies point of view, perhaps? I don't really think it's that difficult to start as a newbie, but it certainly asks for patience. :)

Now that there are pterosaurs I don't think noobs getting stuck in the wilds will matter much. Although pterosaurs are really expensive. About your getting lost, it took you some hours to find a city, what if a noob doesn't want to spend hours and hours just to find a city? Also, magic training is expensive. I think that people should be able to squish a simple frost arangma with a sword instead of buying a magic glyph and training that

Im just asking maybe make Planeshift easier to start with. I know there is the tutorial, but when they get into the real game it is way too difficult in the begining. I would have it so that it's easy to start (easy money and PP maybe) and as you go on it gets harder, instead of have it hardest in the beggining then get easier.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 01:34:57 pm »
What do you mean by hunt mobs instead of mindlessly killing rats in one or two swings?

More importantly is hunt mobs on the edge of your ability instead of, mindlessly, hunting sure kills. My experience is that the fight itself will be better for you than the actual kill. You will be getting weapon and armour experience all during the fight. If it is over in two swings you will not get that. One good drawn out battle will be worth 50 rats. 

For armour training just find a mob that you will not kill when in defensive mode and they cannot kill you and stand there until you level up your armour. You may need a lot of armour repair that way yet it is a fast way to level in armour.

- Nova

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 01:42:56 pm »
I would say that getting lost in the wilds is the key.

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 05:14:11 pm »
This is somewhat  :offtopic: but I keep hearing about pterasaurs and can't find them!  WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?!

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 06:17:01 pm »

More importantly is hunt mobs on the edge of your ability instead of, mindlessly, hunting sure kills. My experience is that the fight itself will be better for you than the actual kill. You will be getting weapon and armour experience all during the fight. If it is over in two swings you will not get that. One good drawn out battle will be worth 50 rats. 

For armour training just find a mob that you will not kill when in defensive mode and they cannot kill you and stand there until you level up your armour. You may need a lot of armour repair that way yet it is a fast way to level in armour.

- Nova

I'm not talking about training. I'm talking about money and PP's. I think training is really easy and fast.

This is somewhat  :offtopic: but I keep hearing about pterasaurs and can't find them!  WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?!

Ask in game, but I will tell you where the hydlaa one is - Its behind the laanx temple.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 06:50:32 pm »
Simply put maisent, stop complaining, the devs 'know' that monsters are unbalanced, they are working on it [i assume]
I have 8-9 alts, all of them have not been train much yet, as they were used once or twice, back in 4.03 for one thing or another, however i've been on my alts a lot more recently and training them, one of my alts, started the game with around 40-60 in every stat, and 1 axe, 1 MA
I spent hours killing rats and kikiris, earned bout 2-4k bought strength, and axes from tra*** [spoiler block :)] Eventually i got axe to 12, and strength past 100, im still using the same axes i originally bought, by constantly repairing them, and no, i dont mine, on any of my chars. If you arent lazy you can easily train a character from scratch.
If you 'realy' nead a tip, you can buy a lv of magic, so your lv 1 or somthing, and by around 20 mana pots for mabey 3-4k then if you shoot at a dla** [spoiler :)] you can get around 2k or so pp anyone who just starts the game can do it, so its not cheating :P
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?