Author Topic: Best Race to begin with?  (Read 4745 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Best Race to begin with?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:35 am »
you are making it up :)

No How am I making it up if I am stating the obvious? It's obvious that there's more Enkidukais brought, born or living in Ojaveda than anywhere else. It's like there's more Asians in Asia (Well probably doubt that these days)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 06:05:50 am »
it's not the same thing we are in the area of 10km something which can be covered by foot in less than a day

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 06:49:07 am »
it's not the same thing we are in the area of 10km something which can be covered by foot in less than a day

It's far more than 10kms from Ojaveda to Hydlaa, ICly it's more around 100km as Ojaveda is not in the right spot I believe. And also you would have to travel through the Ojaveda deserts aswel giving you around 2-3 days with A LOT of water. It's about 10KMs from USA- Mexico so is there more Mexicans in the USA than in Mexico? no...

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
Mexico so is there more Mexicans in the USA than in Mexico? no...
I beg to differ, not to be rude, but my second cousin lives in arizona, and they say those little guys are fence hopping all the time..
Most of our companies are giving in to the illegal immagrants and putting spanish on their products lol
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2010, 01:19:12 pm »
100km seems too much and the placement unfortunately is right.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 08:01:16 pm »
100km seems too much and the placement unfortunately is right.

100kms from Hydlaa is what I am meaning ICly and you're wrong. Give me the reasons as to why Akkaio East (Warehouse district) is named Akkaio East when it is the closest to Hydlaa East...

E.g     Steel Bazaar-Akkaio-Akkaio East - wilderness - wilderness - Hydlaa East-Hydlaa Plaza-....

Also where the heck is the desert? why is Hydlaa so perfectly moist but yet it's so called 10kms away from the driest desert in the dome, you don't tend to be heading higher or lower, just over rolling hills.

Either the naming was wrong and the person who told me it was in the wrong area lied, and the maps (like I said) are wrong then you're wrongehhh :)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:46 am »
the 2d maps are right period. and if there is a misnaming and it was named east well... it's a misnaming east doesn't exist and was said plenty of times. The 3d maps are full of misnaming to the point there is even naming conflict and missing references. The one shown in the pterosaur travel is sorta a piece of the full one and there actually ojaveda is even more near.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 01:23:40 am »
Vakachek, at your desert, and mostness thing, what i learned, in mabey, 7th grade, due to various winds and such from different sides of mountains, when you have a mountain, one side of it is lusious and moist, while the other side is desert, [in this case hyddlaa and oja] there is indeed a mountain in between the town, as you can see it right outside of oja
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 08:40:14 pm »
Vakachek, at your desert, and mostness thing, what i learned, in mabey, 7th grade, due to various winds and such from different sides of mountains, when you have a mountain, one side of it is lusious and moist, while the other side is desert, [in this case hyddlaa and oja] there is indeed a mountain in between the town, as you can see it right outside of oja

you call that a mountain?

the 2d maps are right period. and if there is a misnaming and it was named east well... it's a misnaming east doesn't exist and was said plenty of times. The 3d maps are full of misnaming to the point there is even naming conflict and missing references. The one shown in the pterosaur travel is sorta a piece of the full one and there actually ojaveda is even more near.

Even if it is still '10km' away from each other, Enkidukai's don't tend to talk to other races, until they get to know them very well then they begin to trust them. And so they will not migrate and there for there are more Enkidukai's in Ojaveda and other existing Enkidukai towns/cities/villages than anywhere else. e.g 60-80% of Enkidukai are in an Enkidukai town and 20-40% are in other race towns, most of all would of moved there for various reasons probably most popular would be the Octarchial wanted them to become a guard in that city.

Also @Earowo back in those days there would of been a lot more Mexicans in Mexico than in the USA, they have only been jumping the boarders like crazy probably since WWII. But if Mexico wasn't good enough and I know it's not a good example as Mexican don't care about living or talking to someone of another race, then there's more Brazilians living in Brazil than anywhere else in the world, even Uruguay, Chilli, Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina, Columbia, Peru, Venezuela, Salvador or any other South American Country. It's easy to know that more than 51% of Brazilians live in Brazil, it's just common knowledge.

Everybody

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »
When I choose a race, I first weed out any race that doesn't have its own models yet. It's not certain whether players who use them now will get access to the character creator when the real models come out, and who knows what the default look for said race will be. I can think of at least one example I read one night when I was browsing older threads where a person was stuck with unwanted, forced cosmetic changes to his character, and that's something I want to avoid.

Then I go and look at the popularity of the different remaining options. I decide which races I like and choose the least popular. In my case, I really enjoy nonstandard races. Enki and Klyros are oversaturated beyond compare. That left Kran. For a while I was even avoiding Kran because I feared all their character creation facts were doomed to radical overhaul, since so much of it is inconsistent with their unusual existence. I got over that and am playing a Kran currently.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 11:47:53 pm »
Dont worry about not being able to customize a model when it comes out, marathal hosts salon events, so you can change your hairstyle, if its a humanoid, if its somthing with varous tails, or horns or hats or somthing weird like that, you can request change oocly as its only fair

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 04:19:58 am »
@Everybody - Well tbh that to me is a little OOC as you can fully change who ever you play ICly with your description, yes it's nice to run around with a character that you like to look at their  gluteus maximus the most. But I would suggest taking a good look into each races differences and traits and choose one that you think would be a good character for you OOCly to RP, whether it would become a learning curve in RP (Like me and playing a bad alt, did many stuff ups but I am still just learning how to play one) or whether it's easier for you, probably to start of with it would be a good idea to go with something easier to play than something difficult. That is why I started off with Vakachehk someone I thought was easier to play, I also had the help from my brother to understand the Enkidukai traits, traditions, and differences.

Everybody

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2010, 08:54:08 pm »
Good points. For whatever reason - probably because of the community spirit behind it, and the desire to do something that's never really been done, I take my role in this game very seriously. I must've deleted 100 characters so far as I try to home in on perfection in terms of something I can RP, and something largely supported by mechanics already. I'm a tutorial master. That and I like so many of the races and have so many ideas. Knowing that I won't get slighted for choosing a yet to be implemented race means I might just go ahead and make that Lemur I'd been thinking about. I love magic. Planeshift really has a chance to be something special, and it won't be me that holds it back. I've stopped listing my current character's name for reasons already stated - but if you see a newish character with a sing-songy alliterative first and last name, there's a good chance that's my latest experiment.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:56:46 pm by Everybody »

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010, 09:37:52 pm »
You can call it East or call by any other name, but the concept of cardinal directions is going to happen if you have creatures that have a front, back, left and right. They will navigate according to these concepts, and they will seek to orient themselves to objects in the environment and to each other. If there is some magical new way to express these concepts, nobody has come up with a system that made enough sense to be adopted. All of that besides, using terms that represent directions in this game is just plain mean.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 09:43:17 pm »
East Hydlaa is named like that due to East Stronghand. Just a head up… And then, saying North Hydlaa is wrong: it should be called Upper Hydlaa, since it's, obviously, upper.

Just a heads up.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."