Author Topic: Is it snowing again in PS?  (Read 783 times)

Camazotz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Is it snowing again in PS?
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:34:32 am »
There seems almost no reason for the snow, but I love it.
It's a well known fact that black cloaks are warmer than anything else.

Hipie_Froboz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Is it snowing again in PS?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:21:29 am »
Snow physics is on the wishlist... fun rp, sled away folks... I love the new weather

Camazotz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 01:21:57 pm »
"snow physics"

I have not heard talk of this.
It's a well known fact that black cloaks are warmer than anything else.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 11:59:45 pm »
Weather needs to stop, it almost never ends anywhere, you have like 5 mibutes between weather strikes, and us low power comp users cant do a damn thing in it, and un-checking the box in psluanch that says, turn on weather or whatever DOES NOT WORK
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 02:52:41 am »
"snow physics"

I have not heard talk of this.

Yes I heard now with snow falling it eventually makes the ground overed in it.

Weather needs to stop, it almost never ends anywhere, you have like 5 mibutes between weather strikes, and us low power comp users cant do a damn thing in it, and un-checking the box in psluanch that says, turn on weather or whatever DOES NOT WORK

Say that on the bug tracker. But I doubt it will get fixed  ;)

______

A question: Since weather is all 'fixed' does this mean when you are inside a building (Tavern, Harns, not guild houses or separated maps) does rain stop on the roof not the ground?
It doesn't seem too hard to make the rain stop on roofs, wouldn't you just code it to stop on the tallest thing? Like roofs, people, monsters, etc.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 05:08:56 am »
code based solutions are too expensive (and could be also not be appropriate in some cases) in place sectors should be done, like kadael

Hipie_Froboz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 02:54:55 pm »
I've heard you can replace the weather affects with blank pngs with the same name and it works better....
"Snow physics" refers to friction, speed, resistance, etc of sliding / throwing snow.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 03:42:08 pm »
Making weather effects invisible doesn't change the fact that they are calculated.

It doesn't change the fact either that weather is an attribute of the whole "sector", and therefore visible in all areas where you see "air" in this sector. If you want to have a different weather "under a roof", the volume under the roof would need to become an own sector ... but that would have even more annoying side effects, related to "portals" as connections between sectors. Not to mention even worse rendering performance.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 11:36:31 am »

will work with next pslaunch update.
until then in your planeshift.cfg locate the line "PlaneShift.Effects.Weather.Enabled = false" and make that "PlaneShift.Weather.Enabled = false"

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 04:00:52 am »

will work with next pslaunch update.
until then in your planeshift.cfg locate the line "PlaneShift.Effects.Weather.Enabled = false" and make that "PlaneShift.Weather.Enabled = false"
thanks bud, will see if that works
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?