Author Topic: Spawn points  (Read 1226 times)

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Spawn points
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:46:17 pm »
I suspect something like this is already planned, I know that in the future there will be many exits from the death realm leading to various places... but so far there is no sign at all of all this although there are already 4 cities in the game so I decided to make this suggestion.

Right now only exit from the DR leads to Harnquist's smithy, a pretty much random place and the spawn point is somewhere on the grass with nothing special about it. It would be common sense that in a world where people may die and return to specific points people would have built something at the certain areas, some kind of temple or facility, a place where the cursed people would be able to take a seat and maybe wait till their mind is clear again and their body has strength, or some officials could be around to take note of the deaths or guard to keep an eye for illegal persons that return. In general whatever tradition would dictate for the situation, maybe in other areas people would respect those who went through death enough to let them go even if they were illegal, creating a sanctuary in that place. But having the dead appear on Harnquist's backyard... well that won't do at all.  :thumbdown:

In any case perhaps it would be a good idea to add such an area in cities from their initial plans since its a really important place for Yliacum's civilisation, It has both religious and everyday meaning as a church and a hospital combined may have for us.

Please do comment :)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ressurection spawn points
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:20:30 pm »
Good idea!

My opinion would be to re-spawn in a grave yard. I dunno but a church/temple isn't really the type of place to resurrect/re-spawn it shouldn't be a place of death but a place where people can go for life ;)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

echong

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Elijah Kane Chong, Artist
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:28:52 pm »
there are no graveyards. bodies are dumped in those bottomless pits.
be the change you wish to see in PS

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:40:35 pm »
My opinion would be to re-spawn in a grave yard.

Someone has been playing WoW and other MMORPGS quite a bit lately, hm?

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

ncfbn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:08:15 am »
Everyone should respawn at the bottom of the bottomless pit.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:18:28 am »
there are no graveyards. bodies are dumped in those bottomless pits.

You think that if someone wealthy like an Octarch would go into a bottomless pit? Also make a graveyard. I would more like the graveyards to be in the cities, unlike WoW in random places in the wilderness. And also to be pretty large yards with quite a few headstones/graves.

My opinion would be to re-spawn in a grave yard.

Someone has been playing WoW and other MMORPGS quite a bit lately, hm?

Just WoW, I like it how they have a graveyard, but I don't like their idea of death than PS's.
____

To add to the idea of death in PS.
Being a newbie when you first go into Death Realm you could follow some form of ghost, I have seen plenty of noobs get lost there.
You're character turns kinda ghosty like, while in Death Realm and when they come out they look ghostyish until Dakkru's Curse lifts. This could make the game more realistic and fantasy like. Also shouldn't be too hard as you would just make the characters more see through (Transparent might be the word) and up their brightness or contrast of the character to make the white effect and should be sweet.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:25:13 am by Vakachehk »
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 02:03:48 am »
well I don't really think these things have anything to do with my suggestion vaka, i just said the respawn point would be some special place because the people would make it so, if people died and respawned at the same point wouldn't society eventually give at that spot a special treatment? like keeping it clean at least or something? as for graves i don't know, they are totally foreign to PS and i don't think there would be such a thing... about having a ghost like form... i dunno, that has rather to do with the game's aesthetics... i don't think it would fit personally since PS goes for realism mostly.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 02:31:09 am »
1) the engine support a random list of spawn for each race already
2) before it was race fixed to each city but it was changed so people don't end up in dead cities/areas like the ojaveda spawn point and i don't foresee that changing soon. Harnquist is way more active than a specific area for returners, maybe that could be doable in the future yet.
3) the spawn point is used also when spawning the first time
4) yes octarchs go there too because for the yliakum society a corpse has no meaning without life
5) well rogues would need to find another way out they won't risk ending up in octarch guards hands

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 02:59:31 am »
Even if it may sound profane.. Im for the idea to move the spawn point close to the sanatorium-tent next to the laanx temple.
As a side note, if there'll be a temple for the resurrected, it would have to be for all gods.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 05:36:06 am »
This is definitely a topic which has been discussed a lot before, Chessire... so I expect this thread to be closed soon.

My hope was that the Sanatorium tent would be convenient: Not too central to avoid embarrassment and lag, not too far from the life either - and with an in-character advantage. But my logic seems to be different from the one of the relevant developers

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 11:05:27 am »
maybe those that worship dakkru could build small shrines that would in turn create places for the dead to return?
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 04:36:54 pm »
LigH most of the topics that I have seen discussed, are about why its taking so long for spawn points to be like they were in 4.03.
However I see chessire's point.
I think there should be temple's of Dakkru, and you return from the deathrealm there.
Technically a temple of Xiosia might work to, as I see xiosia as the god of life, as well as nature.
Or perhaps, You return from dakkru's realm at a dakkru's shrine, and you can make an offering of tria, to Xiosia to remove the curse?
But yeah, spawning behind harnquist seems OOC, but makes sense why he is so grumpy all the time.
* Earowo watches Harnquist shake his fists agrily at the people who lay on his lawn...
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

echong

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Elijah Kane Chong, Artist
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 06:16:04 pm »
i guess harnquists makes a good spawn point for new players, since it's kind of a popular hangout, but I think maybe the plaza would be a better location.

as to respawn points for returning from the DR, i totally support chessire's suggestion. it makes sense IC that some sort of religious or government structure be built at such a spot, as it would be well known for all characters that THAT is the spot where people return. I like the idea that it either be a temple or hospital type structure, or maybe a combination of both.

hanging around a blacksmith until a death curse dissipates just doesn't make sense.
be the change you wish to see in PS

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 10:40:56 pm »
Though when i think about it. If PS were life, not a game, and you died, you wouldnt spawn in the same spot as everyone else, more then likely the portal would either lead to the outside world, near a portal which leads back to DR, or you would spawn randomly in the wilds.
The way i think of it, is going through DR would be like a dream, you make your way through, and when you get out, you wake up in an open field.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 12:27:19 pm »
I think there should be temple's of Dakkru, and you return from the deathrealm there.

:sweatdrop: If you knew how the Death Realm may develop...  :whistling:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty