Author Topic: Random Black Screens  (Read 1283 times)

Blarklark

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Random Black Screens
« on: February 07, 2011, 02:38:59 pm »
For some reason.. Ill be playing and my window will go black.  I can see all the GUI its just the world I can't see.  I restart the game until it happens again :)

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
Re: Random Black Screens
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:22:27 pm »
a good start would be to tell us your system specifications like what operating system, processor, ram and especially the video card.

when posting for help like this, this info is always a must else no one can help you at all, no one but yourself know what your system is like and what it has, if you don't know you beter find out as playing games on a computer isn't like a console where you just put in a disc and you run it.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:19:54 am »
This happened to me too with a GeForce 9600 under Windows XP SP3, when I tried to enable HDR.

Neither HDR nor Bloom are recommendable at the moment, their shader definition files are probably missing anyway. Disable them in PSLaunch.

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=4852

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:32:15 am »
Turn on bloom i'm Getting the same problem when I don't have have blooms on

Exor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:06:40 am »
I get the same problem but only when I have HDR enabled. It plays fine with it off or even with bloom enabled (but I don't like bloom, makes it look too blurry and less crisp).
Geforce 9800GT, Win7 64bit, 8GB ram.. yeah
Death is silent, and so am I...

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:03:56 am »
When it happens after going through portals and between maps, try F11/F12 to reset brightness. When it happens in specific areas and this doesn't help, make sure that you don't have shaders set to Low. In that case, use other setting as Low is not working properly in some areas, but all other options do.