Author Topic: How did you find out about PS?  (Read 1504 times)

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
Re: How did you find out about PS?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 03:14:30 am »
I found it by mistake sorta :)

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 06:38:02 pm »
this was back a number of years but i was on a MMO Beta testing kick, having beta'd Ragnarok Online's IRO client, then Lineage II and Dransik (later renamed Ashen Empires). wanted to find more and came across mpogd.com where i found PS listed, this was back during i'm pretty sure Molecular Blue.
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 11:31:07 pm »
I was hanging around with my friends(Gidelor and Octavius, if you know/knew them) and he said I should give the game a try.  Here I am, and I outlasted them both :(
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 01:07:20 am »
My friend was introducing me to Ubuntu and open source in general, and she said there was this game, and so she helped me download it, and sat beside me as I tried to learn, and fell off cliffs.  The first thing I remember was 'meeting' Abelia in the tutorial, and she kept bowing to me, and I thought, "Oh, how polite!" and tried to bow back but couldn't. Atomic Blue I think.... I would never have heard of PS or even of MMORGPs without her. I guess it's often your friends that get you addicted, eh?  ;D

Miss you guys!
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 07:41:52 am »
I don't think you're from Atomic Blue, mister. There was fighting already going on when you jumped aboard.

You can't fool the age police.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Elkarway

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 12:48:17 pm »
I felt this throbbing in my head for days.  It just wouldn't go away.  It wasn't the painful sort you get after drinking too much or the weird numb sort you get after hitting your head real bad.  It was something completely different, just a throbbing.  I talked to my parents about it and they said it would pass.  I talked to my teacher about it and he said it would pass.  This throbbing was driving me nuts and nobody seemed to care.

One day I was walking down the street towards couche-tard, a corner store.  It was a regular day in Canada: trying not to slip on ice, leaning on igloos for support, avoiding polar bears.  But it turned out to be an important day for me, a day that would change my life.
I was walking around a particularly large moose, when an old man stepped out from nowhere and just looked at me.  I looked back at him, slightly afraid that he'd flash me and then I'd have to take him to the hospital for genital frostbite.  But that didn't happen and for a long time we just stood there, staring at each other.

"How's the throbbing?"  He asked suddenly, a knowing grin appeared on his face as he spoke.

"How did-"

"I know, he-who-shall-be-Khado.  I know more than you think."

"Who is Khado?"

"Khado is the great one, the savior, the Emperor.  Khado is you."

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"You will, young one.  Take this, you'll know what to do" And with those words the old man gave me a usb drive.  Then he flashed me and disappeared.  I never knew if he got genital frost bite, but I hope he didn't.

PlaneShift was on the USB drive and soon after installing it the throbbing left my head.  Years later I got a letter from the old man.  It was short:
"Dear Khado,
You now understand your destiny.  The throbbing was it calling to you.  You were meant to find PlaneShift and with it find your wife and man-lover.  One day you will save us all.
-Phinehas"

And that's how I found PlaneShift, my wife, and Sangwa :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:57:02 pm by Elkarway »

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 03:39:42 pm »
It's true. Phinehas flashed my sister as well.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
It's true. Phinehas flashed my sister as well.

+1

And i found out after i quit runescape. Was searching around for other F2P mmo's. Found this one on the family mac, but unfortunatly it couldnt run.

Back whenever i tried again here I am.

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »
I got a mac... Was told MMO is a fun type of game... Looked up MMO's for mac... Chose Planeshift out of the few that there are.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 11:55:51 pm »
A couple Years back, my dad got bored of single player games, like the elder scrolls series or the witcher and such,, so he went on an MMORPG game hunt, after trying out about 5 different games, all of which he didn't care much for, he found Planeshift on a listing, being recruited to the Wayward kingdom soon after he joined, he asked me if I wanted to play, I said sure, and played with him for a few months, eventually, he started getting involved with Jenica [you know what i mean ;)] So he Quit, to be with her IRL, and i've been playing since, as I began leading my guild towards the time he quit. Planeshift is really what got me into computers, was never into em till then.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Noldor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 07:14:59 am »
Years and years ago, I was testing a game and someone mentioned PS.  I came and took a look.  Decided to try it out and stayed for a few years.

Unfortunately, I am still testing games and can't find time to return to these lands.  Perhaps when I win the lottery! -)

TQQdlesâ„¢,

Noldor Numbwit
Eternal Newbie

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:30 am »
a recommendation from somebody on an anime forum. and it fit my price range at the time.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »
I think I'd just gotten my macbook, and I was looking for a new free MMORPG because I was seeing few if any of the players on my old game online...anyway, I Googled something to the effect of "free mac-compatible MMORPGS" and PlaneShift came up. Longest run on an MMO I've ever had too; something like three years now I think.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:30 pm »
One of my friends had DLed PS a long time ago, because she thought the graphics were pretty, and it gave her the ability to RP with a character.  She and I had been RPing on messenger for years with our characters, and she asked me if I'd like to try in game... to put a face to them.  I said I'd give it a try after months of her asking me.  My computer barely loaded the game, I crashed every 20 minutes, and she only logged in like 3 times to play with me.  I've been here ever since.  Killing rats.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:55 pm »
Good thing she got you in too. Those rats are too numerous.

Join the Dark Empire!