Author Topic: Kaibane's Gallery  (Read 1542 times)

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Kaibane's Gallery
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 09:29:09 am »
It says earth, wind, water. Not ALL the elements. It also says that they use them for "constructive" means, which I take means more for things like enchanting and crafting, not combat. And from what I recall when I played Planeshift, RW was mainly combat.

And btw, just added my newest and in my opinion my best creation.... take a look at the gallery again.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:44:59 pm by Avathius »

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 12:02:19 pm »
You do realize nothing 'lives' in fire right? That would just be silly.

and practical can mean a whole lot more than just building. 'Brave hunters and fighters', to them, practical would be combat things.

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »
"Due to their nature, they can't wear any kind of heavy armor"

Does that mean anything to you?

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00:10 pm »
Means they can't wear heavy armor i'd assume. Dunno what that's got to do with Red way.

(Chain mail and Leather Armors exist for a reason. Because not all of us pretend we can walk around in 200 pounds of metal all day. Though iunno about how heavy chain is)

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »
You just committed a logic fail: you referred to a subject already closed to back up your current argument by saying I was mentioning something unrelated. We were discussing how you basically said that "practical" meant "combat things," and then I tried to make the perfectly logical and also fact-based point that their nature is peaceful, and they refuse to wear heavy armor (this has no relation to their physical nature; I'm sure Klyros could carry heavy armor on their shoulders just as good as a Dermorian). Then you turned it around and tried to make it seem like we were still talking about the Klyros using the Red Way, and said that the fact that they wear heavy armor doesn't have anything to do with the subject at hand.  :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

I will take in account when you said "you do realize nothing 'lives' in fire, right?" I think it's clear that I know that: I said clearly that "RW was mainly combat." I'm not sure, maybe I need to get a better education in what combat is, but I'm pretty sure it involves killing.

DOHUR!

Do you see where you made your mistake? If you want, I can send you a long, detailed PM....

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 09:30:07 pm »
I never deviated from red way, you did. And with hollow bones, you can't wear HA, that has always been the reasoning behind it. If you read all of the race profile, you'd see at the bottom it says they make good WARRIORS, as well as merchants and hunters and all manner of things.

Stop twisting words around, it doesn't help your case. I said a combat magic (though smiths use it in a non combat fashion) is useful to a warrior, whose concept of what is practical is different from say, a baker or merchant. If you were a merchant, you would indeed not find much practical use in the way aside from beating up thieves. If you were a warrior, whats practical changes radically, as what most of you do is fighting, you probably want a way that's very good at it, hence practical.

You don't get the sole judgment on whether a subject has closed, just so you can use it to backup your own shoddy argument.

Do you see where you made YOUR mistake?

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 11:19:53 am »
Point Travosh.  ;)
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »
Ah, phantom.

First of all, I don't see myself "deviating" from the topic of the Red Way. The argument changed course, and I adapted. You, however, desperately resorted to whipping up what you mentioned in the past in a pathetic attempt to make me look stupid. Nice try, I must admit, but shallow.
Aw, look at you, using dem big words. Literally, big words. Trying to emphasize stuff by making them size 24 font won't get you respect; it will actually give you the opposite.

I understand you want to argue into a little rut from which only troll crap can spill forth, but that doesn't work with everybody. So how about we stop arguing and actually focus on enjoying the PS forums instead of getting into these nerdy rants on each other for a topic that really doesn't matter in the long run.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 07:03:27 am »
Both of you, go to PMs. Avathius, go draw. PhantomBoy86, go RP. Else I'll call neko.

:offtopic: :offtopic:

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 11:46:48 am »
Way to be four days after we'd stopped  :P

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 07:42:37 am »
* MishkaL1138  never reads the dates  :P

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."