Author Topic: Chat Tabs.  (Read 970 times)

Taulus

• Game Masters
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
Chat Tabs.
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:06:46 pm »
Simple I think? Devs may disagree but here goes. A highlight on chat tabs to indicate which chat window is active in addition to the colour coding already present. See simple  :)
Did the button say push me?... No it didn't did it.

Karlyle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Chat Tabs.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:12:08 pm »
Im not so much worried about color coding as mischats.  e.g.  Talking to someone in whisper, then switching over to guild tab and typing in something, and have it go to whoever you whispered to. :-X   Or vise versa.  Would it be possible so that when you click on a different chat tab, that it aslo changes the /tell?
Come by the Crystal Den and enjoy a drink

aiwendil3

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:17:53 pm »
???

Not sure if I get you right. You want to see which chat tab you currently have selected to see where you type in? If that is what you want PS already has this...wondering what players do nowadays when nobody knows anymore how to do some simple modifications. You either wait for bonifarze doing something for you or go with the cr....suboptimal stuff PS comes with?

In "<PlaneShift-install-dir>/art/skins/" is a zip-file "elves.zip" for the elven-skin. Open that one with your preferred compression/uncompression program and get the "components01.png" file from it. Afterwards open that file with a image editing program. Sorry...can't show how it looks like as it is official game art and the license doesn't allow redistributing, so only a sketch has to do.

The three colored rectangles are what you are looking for. In "components01.png" they represent the different states of a tab button. For the chat window the one red in my sketch is the one that determines the look of a selected tab. Just fill it with some reasonable color and you got what you want. Be ware that this changes the appearance off all buttons...so also of the one in the guild window to select the different pages for example. Once you saved the image you have to add it to the "elves.zip" files again with your compression/uncompression program.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 11:44:35 pm »
The only thing Id care for, with chat tabs, is for the option, [in options] 'use basic chat menu' to NOT be defualt, new players need to have all the tabs more then anyone, and they are the last ones to know how to change the option, most new players wouldnt even know you 'can' until sombody tells them.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 01:56:05 am »
The only thing Id care for, with chat tabs, is for the option, [in options] 'use basic chat menu' to NOT be defualt, new players need to have all the tabs more then anyone, and they are the last ones to know how to change the option, most new players wouldnt even know you 'can' until sombody tells them.
tell talad.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 03:56:20 am »
The three colored rectangles are what you are looking for. In "components01.png" they represent the different states of a tab button. For the chat window the one red in my sketch is the one that determines the look of a selected tab.

Yep, I thought this is how its supposed to be. But why does it still fail to work?

We should put a request on flyspray to have this fixed on the engine side if it is still around in current revision.

aiwendil4

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 06:08:06 am »
@Karlyle

Sorry, again not sure if I get you right...You are bothered that sometimes you type something what then doesn't go to the currently selected tab? There used to be an option (<o>-key) "Interface/Chat/Default last chat" (I think). If I remember right that one will put a /tell" automatically in front of every chatline you type after you used tell. So turn off that crap and everything you type should go in the current selected channel...no matter in what channel you typed before or if you started typing in the tell channel and just switched to the guild channel before pressing <enter>. It will go in the channel that is active at the moment you press <enter>.

@Bonifarzia

It works fine with PS revision 7118 which is about a month old. (Sorry, can't be bothered to try with a current version and solve all the conflicts in my sourcecode when syncing again). My window Title says 0.5.7...no idea what the current version is.

And just because I was confused by it at first:
In "data/art/skins/elves.zip/imagelist" the first rectangle (the red one in my sketch) is called "Standard Tab". Still that is the one that is responsible for the highlight. Too lazy to look up why this is the case but after the trial and error method and giving all three different colors that was the right one for me. The "Standard Tab Highlight" one changes the background of all not-selected buttons.

Oh..and btw, sorry for the typo in your name. Forgot to proofread the post before clicking submit. ;)

Karlyle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 01:31:14 pm »
Thanks, that answers my problem
Come by the Crystal Den and enjoy a drink

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »
Done. Will be available at next art update.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:11:55 pm by Talad »