Author Topic: Magic Fair - Planning Stage  (Read 1126 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Magic Fair - Planning Stage
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »
The time is right to hold another Magic Fair.  The first was one of the more memorable events we had in the fair series.  There is certainly much to discuss in terms of recent changes and additions and I'm sure there would be much interest such a gathering.

This thread will be dedicated to the planning process to discuss activities and ideas as well as the date and time.

One idea we have come up with is inviting circle way masters to come and discuss their experiences and the importance of that way.  We already have several for crystal way and one other I think.  But we are looking for masters from all ways to attend the fair.

Tentatively, I am thinking Saturday, June 25 as a date.  Or if there's more interest, then Sunday the 26th.  Time to be determined.  (Make it Sunday, July 10)

So let's discuss what we can do to make this as big and successful an event as we can.

The idea of the fair, as with the last one, and with the fair series in general, is to gather and discuss a theme along with some activities involving that theme.  In this case, all things magic.  From rare glyphs and where one might get them, to spells learned, to where to get proper training and the best ways to practice one's craft.  It should be a fun and informative experience for all.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:39:04 am by Mordaan »
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Fair - Planning Stage
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:49:05 am »
No responses??   :-\

Ok, it has been decided this will be held on Sunday, July 10, 2011.  I know there is a lot of interest in this event.

It is inevitable that such a topic would eventually lead to lots of OOC discussion.  So we are going to include an OOC segment in the event.  There we hope to have a developer talk about the state of magic in game and it's future as well as getting some valuable feedback from the community (no spoilers of course).  So any thoughts/suggestions on magic?  Here will be your chance.

For the IC portion, we are still searching for way masters.  So if you have gone through the effort of training to master in a way, by all means step forward and join in.  Or if you know someone who is, let us know (either here or IG to an Explorer).

Of course, the event is open to all, whether you're a seasoned veteran of magic, or just getting started, there will be something for everyone.  An itinerary will be developed in the coming weeks and look for an official post in this forum.

And of course, any suggestions are welcome.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:23:02 am »
I can provide the Red Way master, with high-level DW.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:25:41 pm »
Would be nice if GMs can apporve it. Then we can make IC part and OOC right after that.

Tuux

• Associate Developer
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:52:39 am »
Hello,

I'm Tuux the bad DEV it have kill you FPS for long time  ;D by try to fixe all it can be fixe with Magic Graphic and Sound spell effect.

It will be a pleasure to share with players, about actual Magic system.
As you can see we push hard on Magic system at time, and  i'm really interesting to have massive feedback about magic .

I have inform Talad about it, and i still waiting him response, that can permit me to speack about eventual magic future.
I can provide a Dark way Maser

Thanks for the event..  \\o//

---
Tuux

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:52:37 pm »
Thanks Tuux!

Please keep us updated about Talad's approval.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 09:52:57 pm »
I will do my best to be there and can speak to 150+ CW
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:37:52 am »
Seems we have an abundance of crystal way mages.   :D

Looking for brown way, azure way, and blue way.    :detective:

But your presence would be most welcome, Sir Roled!

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:04:08 am »
I'm only level 75 RW :3 Do you accept adepts?

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:38:41 pm »
This sounds incredibly interesting, I look forward to attending [If the time is right- roughly midday for GMT would be fantastic!] Thanks Mordaan!  \\o//

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »
Anyone is welcome to come, but we wanted to give masters a preference to talk to the audience, since they must have the most to say (being masters). However if there are some adepts who are shadowcasters, or just have something very interesting to talk regarding the matter of magic - this shouldn't be a big problem, given we have enough time.

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:24 am »
Promises to be a most interesting event. I doubt my DW Master could contribute any more than Tuux, possible to perhaps be close with another of the less common ways if I have time. Hope there is opportunity for an OOC discussion about the future role of magic in PS. Presently thinking about future need for both CC and snare/slowing effects to deal with groups of mobs with herd/social help responses. When improved mob ai is implemented we will need some tools to cope with them.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

InHousePussy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:43 am »
I'm in. DW Master

:devil: -Puss

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 10:35:12 am »
Sadly Tuux won't be able to make it, but we'll still have an OOC discussion and pass the logs onto her.  Then, the next week, before or after the meet the devs event, I hope we'll have a followup gathering where we can discuss such things more directly.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 12:52:53 am »
Sundays are always a bad idea for Europeans who have a job to attend to at the coming monday. Please don't start too late. Convenient times for America tend to get close to midnight in Europe.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty