Author Topic: increased positivity  (Read 743 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
increased positivity
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:20:19 pm »
I've noticed a recurring trend in this wish list forum. Typically, when an idea is presented it is immediately met with flak and negativity detailing how the idea is too hard, difficult, or even impossible to accomplish.

Well, listen up. We're human beings with unlimited minds and therefore unlimited capability. Let's instead of listing reasons why it can't be done, list ways it can be accomplished. If you can only think of the former, and not the latter, you're stuck in a negative mode of thinking and I'd recommend mending it. We all want to see the game develop, because we all want to get to play in the finished product at some point before Life's End. We all have something to contribute, and yet many feel it's their purpose to take away. Personally I'm going to make an effort to keep my mouth shut unless I can come up with a way to manifest the idea into the PlaneShift space.

So, Increased Positivity. This is my wish. I'm adding it to the list.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: increased positivity
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »
This won't work out, because it's easier to criticise ideas and appear smart than actually help an idea to develop. Wait, now I did the wrong thing....
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Rinenud

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 01:55:47 pm »
"This thread is about a couple of humourless trolls (Rinenud,Jekkar) having a flame war with the healthy members of the community.Come on people stop talking with those attention whores." - Catlemur

"Is Catlemur batshi* insane?" - Rinenud

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »
 :thumbup:

Ench

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:20:20 pm »
Yes Aramara! :thumbup:

jenideandre

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:01:07 am »
OH MY GAWD - I ADORE ARAMARA!!!   :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:12:11 am »
Troll slaying= positivity increased by 97%.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 02:15:18 pm »
This won't work out, because it's easier to criticise ideas and appear smart than actually help an idea to develop. Wait, now I did the wrong thing....

Constructive criticism's a good way to go about it - I read a long time ago that when giving constructive criticism, one should "sandwich" it between compliments.

The wish list is a great way for players to get their point across, but maybe instead of complaining here when there's a whole other board for that, we could make specific suggestions to add to and/or fix the game. Aramara has a really good point here. ;)
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 11:15:23 am »
As usual Aramara has made the rest of us feel stupid by being right.

Thanks a lot.

;D

Seriously, we all know that even most of the good ideas we come up with won't happen. There aren't infinite resources and some things aren't practical or don't fit the game. But dumping on suggestions just winds up giving the devs fewer crazy but interesting possibilities to sort through by suppressing participation.

Yay Aramara!

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 09:44:37 am »
Granted, added to the sticky post.