Author Topic: Secret Garden - (Work In Progress)  (Read 1341 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Garden - (Work In Progress)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 04:38:11 pm »
My way of playing doesn't fit to PS anymore...doesn't matter how "coowalamus" people are nowadays. I fact I think I would only disturb people nowadays with my stupid RPing, so it's better for everyone if I stay away

any form of RP is better than none, even if it is stupid. If we lose RPers, we lose the game.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 04:53:10 pm »
any form of RP is better than none, even if it is stupid.
That's why I don't fit in anymore. For me not all forms of RP are accaptable. There should be some standards...

If we lose RPers, we lose the game.
Here I of course have to agree...just that this already happend in my view. ;)

But back to the topic...before some mods get slapped again for not doing their work properly and not deleting my posts. I always imagined parts of the tree resembling the shape of Xiosia less than having some tree extension hang from it in shape of a woman...but I have to admit the in game graphics make it more look like the later.

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:34 pm »
...just that this already happend in my view.

Then why are you here?

Never trust a unicorn fish.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 08:39:56 pm »
Requiring certain standards should take in account that people need to learn. You can't require those who are learning to perform the same way as those with experience.

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 12:15:43 am »
Requiring certain standards should take in account that people need to learn. You can't require those who are learning to perform the same way as those with experience.

Yes I Agree an some people who have played for a long time still might be learning and you can't hate them for that, I for myself are not a very good Rper but I like to think I play part in the community.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 12:24:08 am »
 :offtopic:

Loving it so far Oni! I cant wait to see it finished!

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Mask

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Without imagination, we never will go anywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 08:04:45 am »
Same here. Go for it, there's nothing better than a guild portrait. :woot:

I shall nudge the Adani Artists to make some sort of portrait collection of all members.
It's just an idea, it might contain nonsense until proper sources are given.

First rule of programming: Documentation, Documentation, Documentation.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 12:01:40 pm »
I can't explain better, so I'll say "wow!"  :)

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 05:23:49 pm »
My way of playing doesn't fit to PS anymore...doesn't matter how "coowalamus" people are nowadays. I fact I think I would only disturb people nowadays with my stupid RPing, so it's better for everyone if I stay away (also I lack the time to play anything at the moment).

I call shenanigans! Aiwendil, your a great Roleplayer, and I know I'd like to Roleplaywith you if you find the time.

Anyways the garden looks great! I can't wait to see where it goes.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 06:46:59 am »
Then why are you here?
* Aiwendil sighs.
I don't know...maybe I saw the start of a painting I liked and thought I have some infos the artists might like and be interested in.

Agreed, just lacking the patience nowadays to repeat everything that was said over the last years on this topic.

Yes I Agree an some people who have played for a long time still might be learning and you can't hate them for that, I for myself are not a very good Rper but I like to think I play part in the community.
You can't hate people for any playing style. You can dislike and avoid certain playing styles maybe but that's about it. But you have a important point there: Nowadays it's far more important to be active within the community OOCly than having a well thought out character fitting well in the game world (What is fine...just not what I'm looking for).

In general I really don't get why people get so defensive once someone mentions the game might not be the right for him (anymore). As people have very different opinions on what is fun the decrease of my fun led to others having more fun. There is only one important thing when playing a game...having fun. If you don't have fun stop playing...if you do enjoy it.

I call shenanigans! Aiwendil, your a great Roleplayer, and I know I'd like to Roleplaywith you if you find the time.
After looking up what "shenanigans" means...(and laughing, hey, i love that word. Wondering why I never saw it before..could have been really useful with playing Terendul)...no, I'm not. I had the luck to play with some of the best RPers in game at that time...and so I know I'm not in the same league as Suno, Nixe, Velh, Noriin, Izzabela, Orgonwukh, Ixala, Zakrai, Monala, Grai, Ileresa, Yadili, Arerano, Illysia or Allola. I'm just a mediocre RPer who had the luck to run into the right people to play with. But thanks a lot anyway, hope you had some fun at least when we met in game. Just sad that we only met after I was already pretty fed up with the game and only continuing for the sake of the Den (at least I think so...or had you an alt before Zalya? ;))

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:58:56 am by Aiwendil »

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 11:39:30 am »
* Aiwendil sighs.
I don't know...maybe I saw the start of a painting I liked and thought I have some infos the artists might like and be interested in.

Thanks I'm interested in everything you have to say... I didn't mean to be rude... it's just, this is the PlaneShift forums so when I saw someone here saying "I don't like to play anymore" it had to make me wonder why be here then? And I really hate rp snobs. Some of are us are new at it and some of us are great at it... that's the way it goes. If we're not good enough for you to play with I just wondered why we're good enough to chat on the forum with? Especially by someone who says that he doesn't like the fact that
Nowadays it's far more important to be active within the community OOCly
... so isn't that what you're doing here?  X-/

Okay... I added in the transparency... I have some neatening up to do here but yea it's still a work in progress  :P

Never trust a unicorn fish.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 03:34:38 pm »
Quite like I remember it. Well done. :thumbup:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:47 am »
Thanks I'm interested in everything you have to say...
* Aiwendil grins.
Very bad mistake ;) Okay..here you go as you asked for it.
Very nice work so far and I take it's not finished yet so probably you already intended to address most of this later. But I think I have to slap myself to brining up the transparent wall issue...You did a very good job in making it look like the in game graphics, what is exactly my issue with it. I always wondered if those "windows" really have that sharp edges, if they really are looking like a picture painted on the wall displaying the other side or if they make the wall transparent and by this allow you to see the "thickness" of the wall. The way it used to be displayed in game was never very believable for me.
The sky is too empty. The game graphics suggest you can see the ceiling of the cave on the first level and the snow and rain mechanics suggest there are clouds.
The wall to the right looks pixelated.
Liking the way you painted Xiosia...looks better for me than in game. Also I guess you are going to add some more details to the floor like flowers..that way the plain green ground might get some depth and the tree will looks less like hovering above it.

In general I really like this painting (otherwise I wouldn't comment on it)...and please keep in mind that I couldn't do anything like that. In fact my daughter is a way better painter than me...and she is five. So please take nothing of the above serious...just as the personal impression of a uncreative person who has no clue.

I didn't mean to be rude...
Haha, no need to worry about that. You weren't and this forum taught me a lot about what real rudeness is.

It's just, this is the PlaneShift forums so when I saw someone here saying "I don't like to play anymore" it had to make me wonder why be here then? And I really hate rp snobs. Some of are us are new at it and some of us are great at it... that's the way it goes. If we're not good enough for you to play with I just wondered why we're good enough to chat on the forum with? Especially by someone who says that he doesn't like the fact that
Nowadays it's far more important to be active within the community OOCly
... so isn't that what you're doing here?  X-/
Exactly because the forum is about and for the players while the game should be in my view about the chars. There is a very big difference between someone being enjoyable to play with and someone being an enjoyable person. Oh and i like "rp snobs"...much better then the old term used by the PS team for roleplayers ;).

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:56 am »
Nice work Onilise, Xiosia here seems far less creepy than in game. :thumbup: I think it will look very nice when you add in the flowers with more color.

Aiwe! What are you doing haunting around here still?  ;) Don't mind him.
*sweeps away the cobwebs and old school RPer*

However, I think on the whole RP thing, I think part of the story gets left out. A lot of people like me and Aiwe did try and stay with the game and the community and we got slowly pushed out. Largely because people didn't like our RP style. I distinctly remember all the little nasty arguments just because we asked for people to work at improving story and character development. I often got outright ignored in game when I tried to accommodate RP I didn't even like and I was just doing it so I could still RP. After all of that you just have to face the fact that the game isn't fun for you anymore and just sorta walk away.

However, that's enough travel down that memory lane... Stop popping up here Aiwe so I can go do something other than looking for posts from you.  :P *waves*

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:47 pm »
sorry Sister, for continuing the hijacking of your thread, but I'm just curious about what "old school" RP is compared to what's taking place ingame right now and why are they incompatible. Just in the past week or two, I have been witness to some stellar, mindblowing RP, and I for one am always working to improve my RP quality, in terms of pacing, dialogue, elaboration, characterization, and plot. I know most of the players I actively communicate with are also always striving to improve themselves and we all support each other.

maybe it's time you rejoin the community, if only to see what sort of RP is taking place.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.