Author Topic: Secret Garden - (Work In Progress)  (Read 1342 times)

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
Re: Secret Garden - (Work In Progress)
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 06:09:10 pm »
I agree sis. Everyone I know in game has an extensive character profile and history.

Never trust a unicorn fish.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 06:37:48 pm »
I was going to try to not keep derailing the thread but, I might as well through this out here. Most of the time no one says that there aren't decent RPers, and no one but people on the defensive even bring up the "there's no good rp" argument. The issue is that I can log on for most of the day and not be able to get a decent RP going even though I'll actively search for it. Like Aiwe says, there is far too much to bring up and rehash all the old arguments, but, to put it simply, if you aren't already hooked into a RP group, it's hard to get enough RP to justify continuing to struggle with the game.

I applaud your efforts in doing better, and I know there are some pretty good RPers left in game, but there needs to be more people working to improve and willing to include unfamiliar people for it to feel like an in game community again. As it stands, it usually feels like an empty game with random body running by or like you need the secret pass to get in on this group's or that group's RP. Fun RP is out there, the issue is just can you get enough to make you want to come back.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 06:51:44 pm »
* Elvicat jumps up to Illysia and Aiwendil and hugs them "GUYS!!!"

whoop whoop ;D ::)

oh and nicelly done on the pic Onilise

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 07:53:13 pm »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 07:59:05 pm »
Flowers! \o/ Might I suggest making the colors more vibrant.

Hello Elvi. :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:04:17 pm by Illysia »

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 10:47:44 am »
those charmflowers are rad
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 10:49:09 am »
Flowers are "cute" but why clouds in the background?  ???

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 10:52:22 am »
there is enough of an atmosphere for banks of clouds to form on the roof of the dome. just not too close to the crystal though, as they would be burned off by its energy.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 10:56:27 am »
Yes true...but still none ingame

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 11:51:36 am »
our dwarfish friend has a thick grey beard, yet his spirit is demonstrating an impatience typical of youth. :P

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 11:53:30 am »
Haha i wish me was young *puffs a few smoke clouds from his pipe and takes some ale afterwards Maybe tey be my pipes smoke?

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 12:05:18 pm »
Yes further back in this thread... I think Aiwendil requested clouds and a "thickness" to the wall's transparent parts. I agreed that if there's rain, there must some times be clouds so I added a couple. After all, we can push the envelope here without rewriting game coding haha so why not? It does make sense. Also, I had already felt the same way about not showing any thickness in the transparent parts of the wall. It looked odd that way so I tried to fix that. I'll be adding more flowers around. My problem now is that my characters will probably not show much detail because a person should only come up to the top of the roots... we'll see how it goes I guess  :P

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 02:22:24 pm »
Yes further back in this thread... I think Aiwendil requested clouds and a "thickness" to the wall's transparent parts.
I would never dare to request...only suggest. ;)

Aiwe! What are you doing haunting around here still?  ;) Don't mind him.
Not minding me is always a good suggestion...and hey, it's fun from time to time to read these forums.

However, that's enough travel down that memory lane... Stop popping up here Aiwe so I can go do something other than looking for posts from you.  :P *waves*
* Aiwendil waves back
Get a jabber account...I'm still around on jabber when my time allows it. There is also a much better chance than here I say something serious.

sorry Sister, for continuing the hijacking of your thread, but I'm just curious about what "old school" RP is compared to what's taking place ingame right now and why are they incompatible. Just in the past week or two, I have been witness to some stellar, mindblowing RP, and I for one am always working to improve my RP quality, in terms of pacing, dialogue, elaboration, characterization, and plot. I know most of the players I actively communicate with are also always striving to improve themselves and we all support each other.
* Aiwendil sighs
Does it take more than 5 minutes after logging in to find some people to roleplay with without asking them in tells or one of the OCC chat channels? If it does you got part of your answer.
Another part you already said yourself: I don't care for "stellar", "mindblowing" RPs...those things develop by itself from the casual interactions between the chars. And this I really don't get...how can you witness "some" RPs in the last weeks? First off everything one does should be RP on a RP server and second even if you take a set of "plots" and character interactions which are kind of related and define them a RP event I can't see how it fits in a few weeks...RPs tended to take up months to years...One of the shortest RP stories (If I'm allowed to call it like this...in the end it was just a small part weaved in the greater story, it overlapped in large parts with the Red Crystal Den vs. Dark Empire, Dannae and Lhaa, Shew and Detiey, the Outlaws plots, Allola's bounty, Aiwendil and Lolitra's friendship...even the Ixala story had ties to it..and that's just from my perspective) I was involved in was the pretended pregnancy of Lhaa...that was about 3 months pretending she is pregnant, another 2 months of "moaning" after she "lost" the child and of course all the consequences of this (like the "shy Elf" going evil and the death of Aiwendil's brother). Not to mention the months before all this to get character relationships that even allowed such a thing to work out...or the months later in which a lot actions of the participants were still heavily influenced by this.
And last but not least nowadays the game mechanics define RP while in the past they were tools to help with RP. (In case you are seriously interested in what I think and not just trying to put down opinions other than yours you can have a look here on my view on RP)

For the incompatibility...that's pretty simple. If someone is used to play out almost everything it's pretty hard to make that compatible with a style where certain information can be passed between chars without any interaction.

And I know you won't agree with any of my points...but please just let go of it. If you have fun with RP in PS right now all is fine. Just please accept that others have different ideas what is fun for them. These points have be discussed over and over again in the last years and lead to this new way of RPing in PS.

I was going to try to not keep derailing the thread but, I might as well through this out here.
You should know by now who the "king" of thread-derailing is...even if he doesn't want it to happen ;).
But honestly: AiwendilH is a lot better in derailing threads and arguing for arguing's sake, so don't try to steal his role. (nobody likes lame copies :P)

* Elvicat jumps up to Illysia and Aiwendil and hugs them "GUYS!!!"
Hey Elvi.

Edit: spelling / link to RP guide
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:28:54 pm by Aiwendil »

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 05:02:09 pm »

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:05 pm »
I call shenanigans! Aiwendil, your a great Roleplayer, and I know I'd like to Roleplaywith you if you find the time.
After looking up what "shenanigans" means...(and laughing, hey, i love that word. Wondering why I never saw it before..could have been really useful with playing Terendul)...no, I'm not. I had the luck to play with some of the best RPers in game at that time...and so I know I'm not in the same league as Suno, Nixe, Velh, Noriin, Izzabela, Orgonwukh, Ixala, Zakrai, Monala, Grai, Ileresa, Yadili, Arerano, Illysia or Allola. I'm just a mediocre RPer who had the luck to run into the right people to play with. But thanks a lot anyway, hope you had some fun at least when we met in game. Just sad that we only met after I was already pretty fed up with the game and only continuing for the sake of the Den (at least I think so...or had you an alt before Zalya? ;))
[/quote]

Don't you dare sell your self short! Becoming a good Roleplayer is all about learning from others. If you had been roleplaying with all these other people, they would be learning from you as well. I did have a lot of fun while playing with you in game :) . I wish I had come earlier as well. I want to bring back that old RP feel, and won't stop until I have. Thanks for at least continuing with the Den. It was probably you, Illysia, and Lhaa who really got my started with RP.

Also I do have an on topic suggestion for you Onilise! If I where you I would spend some time working on some of the sharpness of the tree, try to get some of that blur effect away from the edges. Maybe its just me though :)
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes