Author Topic: Light Armor Varieties  (Read 306 times)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
Light Armor Varieties
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:51:59 am »
I hope that there would be craftable light armor varieties.Making light armor from a certain type of hides will add perks.
e.g. Armor made from riverling hides will grant blue way magic resistance.
Using special techniques  to improve the armor.
e.g. Enkidukai Tribal Armor.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Light Armor Varieties
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:24:13 am »

I like the idea to have different resistances result from the type of material used to craft your armor. (This reminds me much of some game, where this concept more or less replaces character progression entirely.) But I have the feeling that this is a bit difficult by design, as there is a chain of intermediate items that would all need those different varieties each. Considering "varieties" as such, a buddy told me that the ideas and drafts of the skunkworks project go a bit beyond the crafting of one single type of a light armor set. It seems just very much reasonable to test and implement this part before adding more leather content, also given that complementary core features are still missing.

Gillis Norone

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:20:40 am »
This would be an interesting option and it would solve the problem of the different prices for different skins, even though from the point of LW, they're all medium skins.

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:49:03 am »
well I like the idea, I haven't tried out these armour making but it sounds cool.

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:01 pm »
It would also be nice if cooking recipes were a bit more flexible. In real life I've never had food turn out bad just because I've added an extra sliced mushroom. (I realise that might be even harder to implement)