Author Topic: Starting  (Read 2321 times)

bhiggy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Starting
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:56:22 am »
i just downloaded the game Plane shift and it succeeded, BUT.... when I click to Run it, a screen pops up saying that i have to restart program and run as admin. [i tried to what some forums said to do. ] but not working. Help... what am i to do. haha[i really wanted to try and play this game] i have windows 7 i believe . and i tried downloading the 34 bit. or should i install the 64 bit? :-X :o

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Starting
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »
This link should tell you how to find out if you have a 32bit or 64bit operating system for Windows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaH4TCokD-U

bhiggy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:38:01 pm »
thanks

Naira

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:48:02 pm »
When I first started I had this problem , it didn't make any sense to me as I'm the sole administrator and person who uses my computer. So I thought there should be no way to run this other then by clicking on the client. I learned that to truly run it with full administration powers was to right click on the shortcut for the Plane shift client and there in the pop up click on Run as Administrator. I never had any problem with running the client updater or repair system in the client after doing so.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:26 am »
Does the window look like this?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25106032/Planeshift%20window.png

If so, this is PSlaunch and the only window that will pop up is if there's an update pending to be downloaded.

You can possibly ignore it by clicking the 'OK' button and then 'Play' however if the update is large the server won't allow you to play therefore you will need to update.

If you use Window 7 (which you stated you do)
Go into 'start' click on 'computer' 'local disk C' click on 'program file' scroll down till you find the folder 'Planeshift' and click on it, then go down to PSlaunch and left-click once then right-click it, click on 'run as administrator'.
OR
Like Naira said. If you have a short-cut, right-click that. Click on 'Run as Administrator'.

Your security may come up with a warning stating something like this 'are you sure you want to allow an unknown publisher to access your computer', click 'Yes'

Then the window (The PSlaunch window) will pop up with a 'do you want to update?' 'Yes' or 'No' question. What I do, however, is click 'no' and click 'repair' and then that will search for fixes and updates, it will then ask if you want to update, click 'yes' then after a few minutes, hours, days or often even millenniums it will be finished. YAY time to play PlaneShift!!

To do the above you need administrative rights to your computer I think.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.