Author Topic: Raised Fist Animation.  (Read 452 times)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
Raised Fist Animation.
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:39:25 am »
I would really like to see a raised fist animation ingame.People who roleplay warriors,political prisoners,zealots,anarchists,resistance fighters and others will find it quite useful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist
http://www.docspopuli.org/articles/Fist.html

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Raised Fist Animation.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:39:37 am »
unfortunately in many country this simple gesture raise many issue

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 12:16:26 pm »
Eonwind may be right, but I think I really agree with Catlemur!

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:43:04 pm »
unfortunately in many country this simple gesture raise many issue
I was not aware of such an issue but if this gesture is considered offensive by a group of people then of course I am not going to insist.

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 01:57:51 pm »
Jawir, prouds to make someone not really happy, rises his left fist and says:"Hi comrades".
 8) 8)
We can't be loved be everyone!  8) 8)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01:01 pm »
This link contains swears. Y'know, in case you're that easily offended.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16335_7-innocent-gestures-that-can-get-you-killed-overseas.html

So, are we going to avoid having animations for all of these, too?
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

Folks, this is Planeshift. These hand gestures and so on don't exist here. There's no history or cultural usage to give them meaning.

As for people who will take offense at things willy-nilly, that's their problem. They will be sure to find things to take offense to wherever they go. In that respect, they are cursed with their own foolishness.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 01:51:44 am »
I'd prefer to have the broken (order-shifted) "wave" animations fixed first. Especially the one of the Kran is obviously wrong.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

SAristo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 04:58:50 am »
http://www.cracked.com/article_16335_7-innocent-gestures-that-can-get-you-killed-overseas.html
Folks, this is Planeshift. These hand gestures and so on don't exist here. There's no history or cultural usage to give them meaning.
LOL! Still gotta watch where you put those thumbs... who knows what your dwarf third aunt three times removed makes of it?

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:52 am »

As for people who will take offense at things willy-nilly, that's their problem. They will be sure to find things to take offense to wherever they go. In that respect, they are cursed with their own foolishness.

do you realise that in some country this is forbidden by the law? do we really want to deal with such issue?
this is PlanShift, so why can't just imagine a less troublesome gesture to express the same emotion?

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 02:48:08 pm »
I'm sorry if I'm going a bit off topic but I think I can't exactly see the point. It depends on gestures. And it depends on countries. And it depends on laws too. In the country where I live, for example, another gesture is forbidden by the law, a gesture which in my opinion is quite more offensive. But it is often shown, even by, for example, popular football players while playing... and if you take offence, well, you just have to live with it. Nice, isn't it?
So it seems that, of course it depends on where you live, law can be sooo relative.

Anyway, as someone said we're on PS here.
So I think that if/when some of the people who roleplay warriors, political prisoners, zealots, anarchists, resistance fighters and others (and I hope we all agree that these are playable roles) will meet and will choose a gesture, well, that choosen gesture, as it will have an in-game story, should be accepted and respected whatever it will be. And it will have the right to ask for an animation.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »

do you realise that in some country this is forbidden by the law? do we really want to deal with such issue?
this is PlanShift, so why can't just imagine a less troublesome gesture to express the same emotion?

I extremely highly doubt its illegal to use a video game animation in any country, and those that do have that illegal probably don't have clean water and steady internet. If you're a good roleplayer, you wont bring your own culture in just to screw people out of a neat animation that has no basis in anything outside of Yliakum.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »
The point is not if this gesture is significant inside or outside Yliakum. The point is that there are many animations to do before this rightful wish proposed by Catlemur. Some time ago Talad asked our opinion about the gestures to be added, since there was someone who had time to work on that. this is the link:
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=37335.0

As you can see, we have quite diverse opinions about what  key animations are  :)

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

Really? This is weird. What kind of country that can be?