Author Topic: Hello! I have a few questions...  (Read 2091 times)

Merrydeath

• Wayfarer
  • I'm a roleplay noob...but I'm eager to learn! :)
    • View Profile
Hello! I have a few questions...
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:55:49 am »
First of all, hi everyone! I'm new here and I'd like to give this cool-looking game a try.

Now, I have three questions; one forum-related and the other two game-related.
1) How do I change my profile picture/avatar thingy? I click on the blue button saying 'No Avatar' in order to uncheck it and put in my own image, but nothing happens.
2) How do I make the game run in a window instead of run in full-screen? It's no big deal, but I personally like being able to keep an eye on the rest of my computer, in case I get an IM or my laptop's battery is dying. Again, no big deal. It's just a little personal preference. (If it helps, I use Windows 7.)
3) I noticed that when I was trying out the character creator, my character's head was hidden/stuck in the 'ceiling?' of the little oval window. Can this be fixed or is this just a little something that will be remedied in the next update?

Anywho, thanks for looking and thanks for the help.  :D
deviantART: http://littlemisshufflepuff.deviantart.com/
The Endless Forest: hufflepuff
FeralHeart: Abomine

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! I have a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:09:08 am »
Welcome to the PlaneShift forums.

1) Forum avatars are restricted to members who support the development or management of the game.
2) Uncheck the "Enable fullscreen" checkbox in the launcher's "Settings - General" page.
3) Some races seem to have a difference between the height of their 3D mesh body and the height of a virtual "bounding box" which is used to scale the podium view. I'll check if a task exists in our Bug Tracker and create one if not... — P.S.: I could see the faces of all races while switching facial traits; your effect may depend on the window resolution. It's added to PS#5439.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:23:19 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! I have a few questions...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:42:30 pm »
Welcome!  :D Come say hi!
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.