Author Topic: A team related question  (Read 2035 times)

Rhaiko

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A team related question
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:52:59 am »
Hey all,

A few months ago my friends and I decited to make our own WoW PS. But because of time problems this failed. Now we are looking for a game that we all can enjoy. We dont want to go back to another PS and we dont like the new version of WoW.

Now we want a game that we can team up again. I see there is a guild option. But are there dungeons and raids or something like this? We are with 20 people, atleast 10 of those will be very active. We would like to explore the game together but we also want to do some hard stuff like dungeons and raids in WoW.

Greetings,
Rhaiko

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: A team related question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:34:51 am »
Welcome.

Regarding dungeons ... well. One exists. Despite the misinformation most NPCs give. Probably brainwashed by the Octarchy. But it is not exactly packed with the most dangerous monsters. Neither are the few caves. There are other places with harder challenges.

Regarding raids ... I have no idea what that is, I never played WoW. PlaneShift is not as much conflict-oriented as other MMOs. It is rather cooperation-oriented, it uses to emphasize the "RPG". You are welcome to join as team and check the world out. You are welcome to create your own guild. But you should understand that PlaneShift has one main goal: Immersion. Play your characters as if they would live in this world and not know about anything outside this game.

If you are a guild of bandits, fine, play to be mean "In-character"; but "Out-of-character", as player in front of the keyboard, be nice to the other players, play fair.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rhaiko

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:01:01 am »
Hey LigH,

Thanks for the information. We wanted to make a guild in warcraft that will do dungeons alot with skilled people but still be social. Because of this we couldn't do Naxx (Last raid in game).
Because we had a few developers in the guild we wanted to make our own server. But we don't have enough time for this.

What we are looking for in a game is a challange. We want to do diffucult things together that only people that understand the game can do. I dont know if more dungeons/ raids will be added to the game.

BTW Raids are kinda the same as dungeons. (In warcraft). You can see a raid as a dungeon but than with more people and on a more professional level.

Greetings,
Elrick

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:32:59 am »
There are no raids or instanced dungeons, per se, in Planeshift. Monster movement is rarely enabled, they can chase you if you attack them but mostly ignore you if you do not. The quests are all single player and most often involve taking items back and forth across the realm. Skill enhancement is a long slow process.

PVP combat is restricted to a few areas (unlimited pvp) or by means of a challenge system that requires confirmation by both players (everywhere else outside the smallish pvp areas)

This game does not sound like what you are looking for, but send in a few members on a scouting mission and judge for yourself.

Pakarro

• Hydlaa Resident
  • My kind mistress is Pakerl from "The Family"
    • View Profile
    • meet Pakerl
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:23 am »
Dear Elrick,

fighting in PS is not what you would expect from WoW. This game is comparatively slow (_really_) and completely different in character. You do jobs for gaining experience, you find your way without an on-screen map and no official maps, you fight in a rather relaxed way. Fighting is not of primary interest here.

So, the game is _very_ nice, but probably not exactly what you are expecting - if I understand you correctly. In the rp sense: if you want a lot of action, you have to create it yourself. And training takes some time and patience :).

Have fun!
Glad to meet you :)

Rhaiko

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:02:33 am »
Hey Pakarro & Bilbous,

Thank you for your reply.

I played wow since Classic all the way to the beginning of cataclism on retial. But Classic was still the best that is why I went to Feenix (biggest classic server) but that didn't work out. They did a very good job. But still did alot rong. That is why we wanted to make a real PS. One that will be 99.9% the same with raids as classic wow.

For the game, we already decided that the game doesn't have to be 100% fighting. But we would like to do stuff together. If most things are single player based I dont think this will be the game for us. Thank you very much.

Greetings,
Elrick

Rhaiko

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:44 am »
I just spoke to my friends, we decided not to play this game because we cant do that much together. We want to say that we really like the concept of this game. 100% free and 100% open source. We hope more of those project will come.

Thank you very much and goodbye.
Elrick

bilbous

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 03:53:35 pm »
There is group functionality so you can get your crew together to fight monsters which usually occur in bunches. There is also guild functionality which is a more formal grouping and allows for inter-guild warfare and even alliances between guilds.

Groups are formed on an ad hoc basis, someone starts issuing invites and people join the group. You then share experience and loot subject to some restrictions and can quit the group at will, inevitably leaving the group when you log off if it still exists.

Guilds persist across sessions as long as there are at least five characters still members.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:11:48 am »
Just to correc the comments above. There are 3 "underground" dungeons and there are many areas outdoor you can explore and find new monsters or loot. The game is hard enough, and provides enough options, like crafting, questing, spell researching, items/glyphs collecting, leveling, ...

bilbous

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 10:56:23 am »
I think the point I was trying to make about the dungeons was that they are not places you can enter that are only for you and your party which contain a structured adventure consisting of a bunch of gradually more challenging creatures leading up to a boss creature whose defeat clears the adventure. There are underground areas certainly, but these areas are little different from the rest of the world.

I am not trying to make a value judgement here, I am just trying to highlight a difference between PlaneShift and some other commercial mmo's I have played.